2007 Aspen

2007 Chrysler Aspen

2007 Chrysler Aspen

4.5

Have You Driven the 2007 Chrysler Aspen?

5.7 Hemi 2007 Aspen

by Hardcharger from Central, Ohio on Mon Jan 09 2012

The Good: Sleek styling, turns heads, plenty of room and comfort. IT IS FUN TO DRIVE DAILY. The Bad: I was getting 7.5 mpg in the city if my wife is driving (its her lead foot not mine :) ...) and 17.0 mpg on the highway. The Fix: Got an air filter , had alignment, tires rotated and balanced. Got a locking gas cap ( the price of 89 is getting to be steep), ohh and stopped using cheap gas ( trash in ,trash out). I only now use B of P gas. I did not reprogram the engine for 87, if the engineers wanted or thought it made the Hemi run better on it (89) they would suggest it. I did program my Aspen for 20 more HP, giving it a tad over 400 HP now. The overall verdict: If you did your research you knew what the Aspen was when you bought it. You trade fuel economy for power, performance, and room. I now get a combined 11.5 mpg and 20.2 on the highway. If you are going to drive like Mad Max, have a few bucks in your pocket you will need it for the ride back to Thunderdome. I LOVE THIS TRUCK. My wife is a Honda Nut and loves this truck ( she has an accord for summer and a Pilot for winter). My girls love the truck. Do regular maintenance and you will be fine as with any vehicle. My last Chrysler was a Cirrus. It was dependable also, stylish at the time and fast. I am a GM man, I mean I LOVE CAMERO. I've owned multiple Buick Centurys, Cadillac DeVille, Olsdmobile Cutlass. I even owned a... a ....Ford Tempo... I bought my 2007 Chrysler Aspen Hemi with 64k on it and the one owner towed a lot with it. It was a steal at 16k. The dealer even fixed the park assist for free. I drive a lot, but I don't tow. I love the Chevy and Cadillac, but for the money, the Aspen is the best deal.

LOVE MY ASPEN

by martymusky11 from CHICAGO ,ILLINOIS on Mon Feb 20 2012

THE 2007 ASPEN I RECENTLY PURCHASED WITH THE HEMI 5.7 LITRE ENGINE IS THE SMOOTHEST DRIVING SUV I HAVE EVER OWNED. THE FEATURES ARE ENDLESS THE BODY STYLE IS AERODYNAMIC AND IT PULLS MY 16.5 FOOT FISHING BOAT WITH LITTLE OR NO EFFORT. IF YOU R LOOKING FOR GAS MILEAGE PASS ON THE ASPEN BUT IT RIDES LIKE A LINCOLN CONTINENTAL AND IS DEFINITELY A LONG DISTANCE COMFORT MACHINE. MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT CHRYSLER STOPPED MAKING THESE BEAUTYS IN 2009. I HAVE OWNED A 1999 TAHOE, SWEET RIDE AND A 2001 YUKON AND BY FAR THE ASPEN BLOWS THEM AWAY IN CARGO SPACE, STANDARD FEATURES, LUXURY, RIDE , COMFORT, ETC. IF U GET A CHANCE I WOULD DEFINITELY PICK ONE OF THESE SWEET RIDES UP.

Chyrsler should still be making this SUV

by Tim from Auburn, Ca on Mon Jan 17 2011

They got this SUV right and I am satisfied and comfortalbe putting my families safety in this SUV. Without a doubt!

Good Upgrade from a older truck.

by The Mateitan from Fort Riley, KS on Mon Mar 12 2012

It's the best SUV I have had so far! It is a outstanding vehicle. Quiet ride, powerful when needed and it got all the toys and whistles (I was lucky to find a J Package one) to include NAV, DVD, and everything else. The only bad side is that it takes $100+ to fill up and drinks gas like a camel in the desert, but with a HEMI that is common and if I was looking for a gas economy SUV, I would go for a hybrid Toyota, but I was looking for a HEMI forever and I found it!!

Strong Runner

by Jimbo from Matthews, NC on Thu Nov 24 2011

if you need lots of tow power and good mileage this is a great option. Up to 22 MPH highway. I purchased the 100k extended warranty and have not had a single claim or problem - from an american made vehicle.

Luxurious and Capable of Kids!

by Minivan_Mom! from Birmingham, Michigan on Wed Apr 08 2015

I am a busy person, I need a fast and luxurious car to keep me and my kids happy, this Chrysler Aspen provides perfectly, I love the exterior design with the chrome, and the standard AWD is amazing for acceleration and safety, The HEMI lacks a little in get-up-and-go but once its off, it flies. The Interior design is a bit drab, but the lighting and navigation is excellent, the moonroof is fitting, and the roof-racks are perfect for our trips to the Colorado mountains, and florida in winter. The gas mileage is not pleased, although for all this you have to sacrifice in something, The only car that compares is the Chevrolet Tahoe or Suburban. I buy them used, they are still better than any-other ford SUV. Someone crashed into the back of me on the freeway, and I just had a dent while his whole front was smashed in, Its a tough vehicle, but also kid friendly, I have three, Imagine that! :)

The Escalade is an overpriced Aspen

by Cincinnati Kid from on Thu Jun 08 2017

The HEMI V8 5.7 L engine is a beast. Puts fear in the hearts of Mustang owners. The interior is luxurious instilling jealousy in Cadillac owners. It has style and flair turning heads at every stop and causing Valets to fight for the right to park. After 10 years has never disappointed.

LUXURY AT ITS BEST

by BFANTASTIC from daytona beach on Tue Mar 28 2017

EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER HEARD OF THE ASPEN UNTIL I BOUGHT ONE ! dODGE MOTOR , CHRYSLER LUXURY !

Good Looking & Tuff

by Jello.Dogg from Broken Bow on Thu Nov 02 2017

Good example of what FCA has done right. This vehicle is based on the Dodge Durango but the finished product is so much better. The interior has the right equipment and touches that say luxury. Yet it can tow and scoot faster than most SUVs in its class.

My 1st Chrysler

by My first Chrysler from Danville il on Wed Mar 07 2018

The screen goes out on the GPS radio system can't use the hands-free are the GPS or change channels or anything would love if it worked

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2007 Chrysler Aspen

Chrysler says the Aspen, its first SUV, competes in price with the GMC Yukon and in perception with the Lincoln Navigator and Cadillac Escalade — lofty targets indeed. Don't be fooled: The Aspen is no Escalade. But given its bargain price, comfortable interior and upscale styling, I think it's a compelling alternative to some of the more everyday models out there.

The Aspen is closely related to the Dodge Durango. Seating capacity is seven or eight, depending on configuration, and four-wheel drive is available. Buyers have a choice of two V-8s, including Chrysler's 5.7-liter Hemi. I drove a four-wheel-drive Aspen with the smaller 4.7-liter V-8.

Exterior & Styling