2017 Pacifica Hybrid

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Have You Driven the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid?

Fantastic Vehicle - All Electric Mode is Great

by VitaminZ on Wed Nov 08 2017

My wife and I were in need of a vehicle that could haul our two kids plus their friends. We looked at pretty much all 3-row SUVs as we told ourselves we would never get a minivan. After thinking about my wife's daily driving habits - 4-5 trips/day of less than 5 miles each - we knew that we would be getting 15-18mpg in a 3-row SUV. We then looked at the Pacifica Hybrid and never looked back. We plug the vehicle in at night and in the morning we have 36 miles of range, plenty for the daily errands. It really depends on your driving habits, but after the first 1,000 miles we put 10 gallons of gas in it to fill up the tank for a long road trip. On the road trip we got 31.5 mpg which can't be touched by any other 7 passenger vehicle. On top of all this it is very comfortable, has all the safety tech, is really nice driving, and qualifies for electric vehicle tax credits. Once you get over the minivan stigma you will realize this is the best vehicle for a family.

The best money saver and people hauler out there

by Igor from Chicago, IL on Wed Mar 21 2018

The idea of electric powered minivan is just brilliant. The fact that I can plug it into electrical outlet at my garage and have it charged back up for 35miles trip in two hours is awesome. I drive by my Costco gas station now thinking they probably miss me! :)

Almost Perfect

by Denzo from Wappingers Falls, New York on Tue Feb 27 2018

This is the vehicle I have waited for for years. I not-too-patiently followed it through development delays and dealer's lack of information. When we finally saw one, we bought it on the spot. (The FIRST time I have ever done that in my 55 years of buying cars!) There are only three things I would change. One, the lack of built in garage door openers, was "corrected" for 2018 when they were added.. The other two things I would change would be adding the driver seat memory and the power third row seats, both of which the regular Pacifica have. Now all I have to do is wait for my second ideal vehicle, an electric or plug-in hybrid medium sized pickup truck!

smooth, quiet and very fuel efficient

by Mopar Mike from Middletown, Ohio on Sun Oct 08 2017

I traded in another brand plugin hybrid. The Pacifica has substantially more room, almost as quite and better pickup. We can travel 15 more miles on a charge and the regeneration is much more active. If we drive 30 miles round trip, we never need to put any gas in the car. The touch screen is a lot more intuitive than my other cars. The only complaint is the choice of rims; they only offer two different rims to choose from. The active noise cancellation really works very little noise in the cabin.

Good attempt at a first plug-in Mini-Van

by UtopianDaydreamer from Hayward, CA on Tue Oct 24 2017

Just recently purchased the 2017 Pacifica Hybrid, with all inclusive package for around $50k. Main purpose was to have a family friendly vehicle comfortable for long road trips. I had a Mercury Villager '97 Model before, so Pacifica was definitely a good upgrade. What I like: - Pretty spacious compared to my Mercury Villager 97 model. - At least 2 110V outlets that I know of, so no need for the 12V to 110V converters - Surround view camera, and safety sensors o It has directional sound, so if you are about to hit something at the back, you’ll hear a beep from the back speakers only; and intensity of the beeping will increase based on proximity - Adaptive Cruise (ACC) with Active Steering for Anti-Lane Drift o This is complete stop and go (you merely have to push the pedal after complete stop for ACC to resume), very useful in highways (for high traffic and low traffic conditions) as well as higher speed roads - Has a nice entertainment system (with 2 monitors and headsets) behind the driver and passenger seats o The bad part is it will be hard for folks in the 3 back seats to see anything - Regarding the plugin hybrid feature o This works pretty well. The van goes on electric only with minimal engine intervention, for the first 39 or so miles. I went to a trip from Hayward to Vallejo, California on mainly battery. - Regenerative braking mode (L) o This is similar to B on Toyota hybrids or ECO on the leaf; this mode provides a smooth regenerative braking so you can use it on hills, traffic lights, etc. - Panoramic Sunroof o This is great for nominal weather conditions to get natural light in and take in the view What I do not like: - No automatic HomeLink garage door opener o When almost all cars have this or similar opener, not having this seems like a waste. I believe this was because of the somewhat rushed production for this 2017 model - Waste of space on steering wheel (with normal cruise control) o The steering wheel control also has a useless regular (non adaptive cruise control feature), along with the set speed and reset buttons; which to me makes no sense given that the van has Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). Because of that, the steering wheel lacks volume controls and seek buttons for music. - Hybrid only mode gives max 32mg (avg close to 27mpg) o Having a Prius that is capable of 50mpg, this hybrid engine seems very inefficient - Lacks some features that is on the non hybrid version o Like foot sense door opening o Fully collapsible middle seats.

The quietest car I have ever owned

by Jpchdk from El Cerrito, California on Sat May 27 2017

My PacHy exceeds my expectations on many levels. It's the quietest car I've driven, especially at lower speeds. It is roomier than our Dodge Grand Caravan and much more convenient. The Uconnect screen shows everything I need to know and it is customizable, so I have easy access to the apps I want. The Platinum edition has all the bells and whistles I need, a truly great family van.

Big Fan

by Minivan mom from Waynesboro, Ms on Fri May 04 2018

Love love love every aspect of this car!!! Only thing it doesn?t have is built in vacuum and the store n go. But I don?t notice the lack because of all of the other bonuses!

Does not recommend this car!!

Reliable Hybrid Mini-Van

by Stocktrader from BayArea, CA on Mon Sep 18 2017

I really enjoyed driving this New mini van. Very quiet inside, and has everything I need for my family. Not for the technically disadvantaged. More than enough electronic gizmos. I plan I buying this one.

out of 5 starsReliability

Our Take on the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

The verdict:

The Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid keeps most of the good parts of our favorite minivan, while adding exceptional efficiency.

Versus the competition:

What competition? This is the world’s first and only full-size hybrid minivan, plug-in or otherwise.

It's a little surprising that Toyota, the undisputed hybrid king, didn't beat Chrysler to market on this one with a hybrid minivan version of its Sienna. Instead it was the original minivan king, Chrysler, that did it.

This is the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, and it's not just a hybrid, it's a plug-in hybrid. That means it uses an electric motor and substantial battery pack to supplement its gasoline V-6.

It's a bit more capable than a regular gas-electric hybrid, however, as that battery is big enough to power the van by itself for an EPA-estimated 33 miles on a full charge. We drove one for a week to see if it could live up to those claims — and if the... Read More