2001 Chrysler Prowler Consumer Reviews

2001 Chrysler Prowler
Average based on 4 reviews

2001 Chrysler Prowler

by from Murphy, NC on March 22, 2011

To say the least, these are stunning cars. Mine is the burnt orange and it will literally stop traffic with folks gawking at it. My 6 year old grandson already has me in the grave to will it to him. It's like driving a REAL Hot Wheels car. Getting in and out is about the only real problem I have but I'm 6'1" 290 pounds too so that doesn't help any. The car has plenty of giddy-up when you punch it but it really likes cruising at about 60. 90 or better is a white knuckle ride due to the light weight and and race-car type front end handling. Overall it rides very well and quite cocoon-like once you get in but you'll feel every bump on the road in the steering wheel. I feared my wife would think it rode too rough due to her arthritis but she wants to ride in it every day. We haven't had an impractical car in 25 years. WE absolutely love it. The first time I saw one of these I said "I have to have one" and started saving for it - 10 years later the price had come down and my savings up enough to get it. I am thoroughly happy with the Prowler and would encourage anyone to just try it. It's a lot more comfortable and easy-going than a Viper, but I love them too and will have one of them in the same color some day. Hangingdog

Future Gem

by from Long Island, NY on December 2, 2011

I bought a Prowler because of the looks. It is the nastiest hot rod to come out of Detroit since the 70's. Overall, the car looks mean, drives awesoms, and built at an incredible value compared to other recent replicas. The car is light, so the 3.5 V6 is more than adequete. My only two complaints are that the tranny is not manual and the trunk size is tiny.

Best Purchase Ever

by from Miami, Fl on September 20, 2013

After years of searching finally found a 2002 Yellow prowler with 6,700 miles, mint condition. Had been seearching but ones found needed upholstery work. It turns heads and constantly asked to stop for pictures. Not the smoothest ride but then again it's a sport car. LOVE IT. Looking to buy another one for my son.

A real Head Turner

by from Guelph Ontario Canada on October 29, 2013

Only 11578Prowlers were ever produced from 1997-2002 and only 1178 in Blue, as you can see they are quite rare on the road. The car is a real head turner and a nice performer. Love the car period