2009 PT Cruiser

3.9 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

NOT BAD

by RCSRNO from RENO,NEVADA on October 8, 2010

DONT KNOW I WOULD END UP WITH A PT CRUISER BUT I LIKED IT FROM THE BEGINNING..I WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING A HHR BUT HEARD IT'S HARD TO SEE OUT OF. THE BACK SEAT IS VERY COMPRTBLE EVEN WHEN IM 6-3..

Slightly more tinny, but still good value

by Bernie from San Diego, CA on July 13, 2011

Traded in my well-liked 2004 PT Cruiser with standard shift for a 2009 model with an automatic. The newer model is less quiet, with a whiny transmission at 60 mph that only shifts frequency at 75 mph. It has less upholstery to dampen the interior noise. Gas mileage is 24 highway or city, less than with a standard shift. Still a comfortable ride, and good hauling capacity. Has good pep and acceleration. For the money, it's reasonable.

Definately for me

by motor head from Rittman,Ohio on December 15, 2012

I always wanted one of these. I finally got a 2009 in 2010. I needed a vehichle that was easy to get into and out of because of back problems. This vehicle has far exceeded my expectations. It has plenty of pep. 21 mpg on my daily compute,26 mpg on the highway. I had one problem with the vehicle shutting off at highway speeds. This is a common Chrysler problem that they have never addressed. It is the ignition switch and after that was replaced there have been no other problems. The PT is coming up on 50,000 miles now.I love it.

Great Commuter and Weekend Getaway car

by SLP29 from Minneapolis, MN on August 4, 2017

PT Cruiser. Not a name that conjures excitement for many car enthusiasts and for many different reasons. But the reason I still give my '09 PT Cruiser Limited 5/5 stars is simply the added bells and whistles that are minute individually, but combined, make this one of the best cars I've ever owned. First, the 2.4 turbo engine make it feel more like a VW Jetta. Also, heated leather seats and Boston stereo speakers make you feel as those you paid way more than you did for this wagon. Chrome finishings and limousine tinted windows on the exterior and interior keep it a head-turner. I'm gonna say it again, just because I honestly never saw myself driving one, let alone owning one. PT Cruiser. Try it. You might love it.

Love my Cruiser!

by KarolKat from Phoenix,AZ on May 27, 2017

My '04 PT Cruiser was totaled in an accident. I was not looking forward to finding a good used car. I spent a day looking at about 20 Cruisers and was not very happy. I found my car advertised late in the evening and called the very next morning and went to see it and immediately bought it. It is beautiful, one owner and low mileage for an '09. It runs great and looks like a brand new car. The paint was the cherry on top. Black Pearl. I am extremely satisfied with Cars.com and my '09 PT Cruiser.

Just got the car my Wife loves the Pt. Cruiser

by Jessie Lou from Alaska on May 21, 2017

She likes the vintage style of the body style.Has a sun roof with the power options. It is a awesome retro station wagon!

Surprise buy

by Pt lover from Belleville, MI on February 1, 2012

Went to dealer looking for 2010 Cruiser. Found that one was gone but there was the 2009 instead. Bought it 2 days later. Loving it. We moved our whole apartment using it. Even the sofa! Very versitile vehicle.

Great Buy for the Money

by Cruiser Fan from Eastern South Dakota on May 30, 2012

I have driven one of these cars for more than two years. My first impression is that it has more room in the car than I thought there would be. It's quite comfortable. it runs quietly, drives easily, and has pretty good pickup speed when needed. It's easy to get in and out of the car. For a two hundred pound person, I find this an easy econonmical vehicle for town and country driving. Obviously, gas mileage is dependent on where and how one drives. But I get a bit over twenty miles per gallon in town, and twenty-eight on the highway. I don't like where the window control is, and the side where the gas cap is. But overall, it's a great car to own.

Baby Blue

by JAZ1947 from Clayton NJ on July 23, 2015

I picked up my new-to-me 2009 PT Cruiser last Saturday from Bob Novack Auto Group in Bridgeton, NJ, last Saturday. This car looks like it just came off the assembly line....it has 43,000 miles on it but you would never know it by looking or diving it. Our Salesman Sean did a great job throughout the process and really goes out of his way to help his customers. Will definitely go back to them when we get rid of my wife's car in September.

Inspection Important

by Justafan from Saint Paul, MN on September 10, 2015

I have been driving the PT Cruiser. In regards to safety and protection, it is excellent. However, with every purchase there seems to be a problem which is why it is always for sale. I just bought my third one and it is already in the shop. Buy at your own risk, and have it inspected by an actual certified Chrysler mechanic.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2