2010 PT Cruiser

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Best driving car I've owned

by A Grandmother Car from Taylorsville Nc on May 4, 2011

I have owned 2 PT Cruisers. They are easy to get in and out of when you reach your Senior Years. I do not understant why Chrysler stopped manufacturing this car. It seems to be very popular in the area I live in.

Hope they make them again soon.

by Owsley from Moundsville, WV on August 19, 2011

Last May (2010) I bought this PT Cruiser. It was one of the last ones made, and it was the "Couture Edition" which is a tutone Black and Silver, with a red pinstripe separating the two colors. The car is loaded. It had cruise control, foglights, red leather heated seats, satellite radio, four wheel disc ABS brakes, side airbags and satellite radio. Because of rebates, and the dealer wanting to get rid of his last PT, I paid only 16,500 for it. The car is put together well..no squeaks or rattles after 20K miles. I only had to have it back to the dealer once, to have the radio replaced, because of a dim LED display on the radio. It was fixed right away, and all is well with the car. I have only two gripes. Performance from the standard 2.4 liter engine isn't that spectacular, but the car is good on the highway, and has no trouble passing thru traffic when heeded. Gas mileage is not too great...maybe 24 MPG at best. I know it was voted as one of the ugliest cars on the Click & Clack poll, but I like how it looks, and how practical and roomy it is. Maybe Chrysler will bring it back by building it on a more economical and better performing Fiat platform. They could still sell many with a redesign.

Very vesitile

by PT Lady from SW Florida on May 1, 2011

This is my second PT Cruiser. I purchase a 2010 because they have stopped making them. I hope it lasts as long as my 2003. My husband doesn't like it for long trips (6'4" 240 lbs), but it's my favorite car of anything I haved owned. I traded a Lincoln LS for my '03 PT and never regretted it for a moment. It is the perfect car for my needs and activities. I can carry more cargo and fit in things my husband can't get in his SUV/Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's not a hig performance car, but it is extremely practical.

Best. Car. Ever.

by Blues Cruise from Alexandria, VA on July 20, 2013

I snatched up one of the last low mileage Cruisers from 2010, the final year they were made. This is the fourth one our family has owned. I would have continued to buy these cars the rest of my life.

2010 PT CRUISER 5=DOOR SEDAN

by REGULAR DRIVER from FORT MYERS, FLORIDA on January 17, 2015

Very great buy for the money and has all the features; that my wife and I needed in a car. Thiis is the fifth PT CRUISER, we have owned since 2000. so happy with the mileage.

PT Cruisers

by birdstudeguy from Western slope, Colorado on February 16, 2015

Searching for a PT for our fun car but having difficulty finding one that satisfies our needs and wants. Want a low milage, turbo, heated seats, clean carfax and close to home (81521) in order to drive. There are plenty of base models out there which we don't want and we do not want a ragtop since we have 2 large Samoyed dogs. A 4 door will work. PT's are cool, we want one.

best reliable car

by satisfied customer from Virginia on June 30, 2015

I was interested in purchasing a second vehicle for my family to have. Mr. Tony Mackmore talked with me about my needs for a vehicle. He walked with me over the car lot to help me decide which car would best suit my needs. He showed such a respectful and genuinely caring interest in selecting the perfect vehicle for me. Even though my credit wasn't the best, Mr. Mackmore was able to help me get a loan. I have already recommended him to my relatives and friends. Thank you Lustine

just bought our 3rd one! on purpose

by 3 cruisers! from southeastern Arizona on September 25, 2015

We just bought our 3rd PT Cruiser, trading in our 2006 sedan with over 100,000 on it! We initially bought a used 2006 sedan...liked it over all...but it had no turning radius and the seats were so hard...but as the years went by we came to love it's reliability and versatility. The amount of stuff you can get in a PT Cruiser is astounding!!!!!! And it's dependability year after year after year stayed steady too. Little or no problems with it. It holds it's own on the high speeds of western interstates. When it finally began to show wear, we talked about another car, and discovered how we had come to really like the PT Cruiser features! We found a 2010 classic and love it. The extra features are a welcome plus and it joins out 2007 PT Cruiser convertible. The wider wheel base is such a plus on all of them, with wind sheers and road flooding, makes it every stable on the road. Our classic has traction control and I love it! Seats go down and even come out! We only wish they still made them! One criticism of the older ones are the material the seats are made of. Very hard if not impossible to clean!!! Really love our Cruisers. Very safe and very reliable vehicles in an extremely high mileage area. And it looks unique too!

21st century station wagon

by World guy from Detroit, Mi. on August 4, 2014

I just got this car 7/3/14 it is a 2010 got it for $13,800.00 and less than 12,000 miles on it. Love the cargo space hate the gas mileage But love the car overall. Not much pep but it will do what it needs to do when you need to do it.

PT Cruiser - BEST cars I have ever owned

by PTCruiser from washington DC on May 1, 2017

This was the best car. Fun to drive! Handled well! Tight turning radius. Very comfortable, seated 4 adults with every seat as comfortable as the drivers seat, plenty of head and leg room for everyone. The cargo area and fold down seats could handle so much - including a twin mattress on one trip and 9 large plants from the nursery on another trip. Power outlets in the back and an adjustable tray in the back made it great for traveling and camping. I worked in a bldg. with 4 real estate companies - it looked like a PT Cruiser dealer parking lot - at least half of the agents drove PT cruisers - for the very comfort features I mentioned above. When my Mom needed a wheelchair - the seat height was perfect for transferring her in and out of the car. I know Chrysler didn't want to spend money on a redesign so they discontinued with this 2010 model. . All they needed to do was trick it out with some LED head and taillights, and put a TURBO in every model (without turbo, the power was pretty weak). BRING IT BACK I have had 2005 and 2010, if I had known 2010 would be the last year, I would have bought another one to store away until my 1st 2010 model was ready to retire. Chrysler - you didn't advertise or promote this car at all in the last few model years you made it - big mistake - it is great for senior citizens and college seniors and everyone in between. For real estate agents it was their second choice (after a Mercedes)... so really their FIRST choice car unless they were selling multi million $ mansions. Both of my PTs went everywhere. Long road trips, the beach, camping (drove across fields, no problem) and all over the city, easy to park, tight turning radius. Seriously Chrylser - who made this dumb decision? Trick it out a bit and bring it back!

1 2