1996 Sebring

3.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Chrysler Sebring Convertible JX

by Neongirl from Seville, OH on March 17, 2010

Last year, I purchased a 1996 Chrysler Sebring Convertible, partly because I had driven my friend's SC several times and had fallen in love with these cars and partly because it will be my sister's car when she gets her driver's license and I knew she loved convertibles. I get to do some repairs to it when I first bought it as it had been sitting for a little while but overall, it has been a wonderful car and I love cruising with the top down!! These cars, if taken care of, are very reliable and dependable. :) I make sure to get all the routine maintenance repairs done on it to prevent any problems and it runs great! :) Very pleased with the car... can't wait for summer!

Luxury in a Sport Coupe & Safe

by Ms Flamingo from Las Vegas, NV on July 4, 2016

I purchased my 1996 Sebring LXI in '98. Fully loaded, leather seats, moon roof, automatic trans w/a push button overdrive, if I needed power to pass on the highway, I'd turn O.D. "off" & she'd drop down & immediately give me that "need for speed"! She really had that "Sports Car feel" as she sat lower to the ground & a Sport Suspension. She hugged corners at great speed with great ease! I loved the Exterior as well. Beautiful curves in two-tone white & gray w/brushed aluminum rims. I personally checked All fluids & tire pressure every Friday & changed oil regularly. She ran better w/"Premium" (high octane) fuel & periodically I'd add injector cleaner. SAFETY: Very SOLID. I had her for 16 years!

Fun but Eventually Expensive

by Ang from Milwaukee, WI on July 14, 2010

I owned two 1996 Sebring Convertibles (jxi) & although I had a ton of fun in a convertible and got a ton of compliments on them, it seems that whenever I needed a repair, all the parts cost more than the average car. I ultimately ended up spending more money in repairs than I did for the car. However, they did last me a good 3 or 4 years. (The seams on the seats alwatys split open - I had them re-sewed 2 times and it's still undone.)

Does not recommend this car!!

Definitely getting my money out of it!

by Tweety69 from Fulton MO on June 18, 2017

I have had my 1996 Sebring jxi convertible for 2 years now and until recently I have had no problems with it. Now it is not wanting to start and dies all the time.

Our Expert Review: 1996 Chrysler Sebring