1998 Chrysler Sebring

All show~average go

by from Durand, Mi on October 12, 2006

My car is 6 years old and in near factory condition. I own the jxi model with traction control, auto stick, four wheel ABS disk brakes, and all the other goodies. I find that there is a delay in shifting on all new Chrysler transmissions. I also find that auto stick gets rid of this delay by commanding it to shift. Although 2nd gear still holds a little. It does well for getting onto a busy street and having fun around a curve, also for downshifting when needed. The 20' turn radius makes it feel like you are driving a boat, when the car is actually closer to 16' in length. The suspension offers a very smooth ride, even on a dirt road. My mother owns a 2001 Sebring and it rides like a skate board. Hers is the base model so maybe that is comparing apples to oranges. I have the best model offered in 98. Top down, no problem. I have mastered it to only take seconds to unlatch and re-latch the top. And the experience. The wind curls around the windshield just perfectly. I thought that could only happen in the movies. Much better than the LeBaron I used to own. If your phone rings, put the windows up and it is quiet. No wind noise on either end. And when it finally becomes time to put the top up, there is a handle conveniently molded into the middle of the front. You barely have to flex your muscle to get it into place. A+++ for ease of use. Handling is solid. I have all-season tires on and the car seems to grip the road well. It even handles snow well. Up in Michigan there are all forms of weather. My car has a cloth top, not vinyl. It is very nice; just don't park under a sappy pine tree. It's hard to clean. If you are afraid of having a convertible when it is cold outside, the heat is phenomenal. I have to turn it down because it gets so hot. The only thing about the heat is that it will seep through the vents even when it is in the off position. I just turn the temp to an optimal range so I don't get bothered. Premium sound. It's true. you can hear every note that the cd wants you to hear. It is crisp and clean. It comes factory with an amplifier and four 6x9s with two tweeters on the dash If you are looking for a good car, look here. It's like a family car that has more head turning power. Yes, my friends love it too. And in the summer, it is easier to get in the back seat. No pesky top to get in the way.

The Best Car IVe Owned

by from Wyoming, MI on April 6, 2007

I love this car because it is the best all around car there is. It has style, performance, handling, comfort, and is very reliable.

THE BEST!!!!! None better in a lifetime of buying

by from NM on October 29, 2010

I drove my Sebring off the showroom floor in 1998 and I have savored every mile I have put on it. With just maintenance alone, all I have had to replace are the brakes and the tires. It has a "rag top" that is just as black as the day I bought it. I vacuum the top and the interior and hand wash the exterior. Other than synthetic oil change and regular gasoline, I could challenge anyone to find a faster pick up from "standing still" to 40 mph. Southwest sunshine is usually devastating on black rag tops but this one is the same deep black as it was when I bought it. The automatic rag top is a dream to work and has never failed me. I can't say enough about my 12 year old car. NO you can't buy it!!!!!!!! I won't part with it.

I love my little car

by from Summerville, SC on October 13, 2010

I hav ehad a 98 Sebring for several years and I love it!! I have not had any problems with it since I bought and I think it much more comfortable than my fiances new Mercedes. I have taken it on several long road trips and I have never had an issue. It also has quite a bit of power... sometimes more than I think I can handle.

Find a better car...buy it!

by from NW Chicagoland, IL on April 28, 2011

Great car. Briother has a 1996 Sebring, and his is great as well. Just doing regular maintenance and car works every time. Fun to drive Good on gas. Wish i could buy 2 more wit hlow miles!!!

Dream Car

by from Saugerties, NY on October 10, 2007

The v-6 drives beautifully, plenty of power for the long stretches, or climbing the mountains of the northeast. ABS and traction control allow this car to handle the snowy winters, and I liked the autostick for driving through small towns. Nice weather, the top drops easily. Looks good, comfortable, great sound system, excellent performance, reliability. I T boned a Jeep at 55, car held up beautifully, walked away from the accident. Buying another Sebring to replace it.

Bought it used. It was the first convertible I hav

by from Los Angeles Calif. on July 1, 2017

I really like the car. I played off in 6months. I liked to drive it with the top down. Take long drives. I went up PCH in California. I ate lunch then drove back. It was a 1998 Chrysler Serbring Convertible. It was fun to drive. Sun in your face .

Fun to drive

by from Houston, tx on June 29, 2017

Great car fun to drive. The suspension needs improvement but by far the best value for the price. Will buy again

Our Expert Review: 1998 Chrysler Sebring