1999 Sebring

1999 Chrysler Sebring

$438 - $6,234  MSRP Range
1999 Chrysler Sebring

4.3

Have You Driven the 1999 Chrysler Sebring?

Absolutely the best car on the road

by Shane from Indianapolis, IN on Sat Mar 17 2007

I've owned one of these for 200,000 miles and 7 years. Only replaced alternator, brakes (twice), and a single tune-up and timing belt (and water pump) change. Only mechanical failure was a crankshaft (CKP) sensor at 117,000 miles. Best car I've ever owned, hands down.

This car makes me feel good about what I'm driving

by Looking for an open road from Indianapolis, IN on Thu Mar 20 2008

I have driven this car for almost a year now. I love the way it handles and feels while I'm on the road. Others must like the way it looks becuase it's a real head turner. It's a great car for just an adult night out on the town as well as packing up the kids and the dog for a drive out to the park. There is more room on the inside than you assume. I would however liked to of had a better place to put my drink. While there is a cup holder , I like the bigger drinks and this cup would not fit. I did find a place in the middle console to wedge my drink without spilling it, but would rather of had that use for an arm rest. I would and have reccommend this car to friends and family. I let my sister and my mother drive it for the day over the summer so they could have the top down. They are both in love with the style and the comfort and in the process of looking for there new Sebring convertible.

Great reliable Convertible for price

by cool mike from Shawnee, KS on Wed Mar 14 2007

I bought the Sebring JXI model in June 06 with 38,000 miles. It was well taken care of by the previous owner. I now have 49,000 miles on it. It has been very reliable with the exception of the squeaky brakes. I have had them looked at a few times and there is nothing wrong, they just squeak until warm. Other than that, it has been a great car. I normally buy only Japanese cars but have been very satisfied and would reccommend.

The Perfect Convertible

by Still mourning in Ohio from Columbus, Ohio on Fri Oct 05 2007

I have just recently had to say goodbye to this car due to a collision but had it not been for that, at 157,000+ miles he'd still be purring along the road. I can't say how happy I was with this car for long road trips or driving around town. In buying an older vehicle the biggest risk is always wondering what its reliability will be and for that I struck the jackpot. I had only a minor oil pan gasket leak to deal with and replacement of the tie-rod-ends both of which were very resonable. About $65 and $250 respectively. Over the course of 3 year I put nearly 100k miles on it and he didn't even blink. Highly recommended to anyone who has long legs like mine (6'3") and doesn't want to feel bad about cramming friends into a tiny back seat. Me and my family (all 6' and taller) comfortably rode from VA to FL with no complaints at all about leg room... just remember to bring sunscreen. :-)

Fabulous Car!

by lizardicus from Central Oregon on Sun Jul 22 2012

I love this car! Bought it new in 1999 and it currently (2012) has 92,000 miles. I've had to invest very little for repairs: --recently replaced the thermostat ($140) and --headlamp switch or relay(?) ($75); --It's received regular maintenance, including oil & filter changes every 4-5k miles; brakes; battery, etc. I find it very comfortable (driver's seat has great, adjustable lumbar support) and road handling is superb. I have very few issues, but they are: --squeaky brakes, usually when weather is a little damp; --the windshield is low, so a tall driver may have to crouch forward to see a stoplight for example - I'm 5'6", it's fine for me; --when the top is up, the blindspot is fairly large - not a problem, I just have to be diligent with lane changes and backing-up --cup holders, as another reviewer mentioned, the placement on the forward, center console makes them unusable anything other than a standard-size soda can or bottle. I love this car so much, that (even though the paint was in excellent condition), when I needed to repair a fender scrape, I opted to have the whole car repainted, because I didn't care for the color. I have no intentions of selling or replacing the car for many more years.

got more miles w/the less repairs then any car I e

by mickels from kentucky on Mon May 09 2011

great value nice loking car have 180,000 miles very few repairs I know chrysler gets someknocks but not this particualr car mayeb i got very lucky looking for another

Very good used car

by Iknowcars from Mt.Juliet, TN on Fri Mar 18 2011

This car is my first. It has never given me problems. It is wonderful to look at and although it is not a sports car it still has decent power behind it. A fantastic first car.

great car

by dolphin from harrisburgh,PA on Mon Mar 05 2007

I used this car for two years and it is awesome. Anti-theft Security System, Air Conditioning, 17 inch Rim Size, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Dual front air bags/active belts, 4 speed automatic Transmission, AM/FM CD, 152 Cubic Inch Displacement, Tilt Wheel, Front Wheel Drive, Power Windows, 6 Cylinders

A Good Starter Car

by Future Accountant from Boone, NC on Sat Dec 02 2006

I got this car ('99 Sebring LX white) in 2002 as my 1st car. It has held up very well in the past 4 and a half years. I'm now in college and it is very reliable... very low maintnance. Definately what I need with my low income... I recommend this to anyone who's getting their 1st car, or anything reliable.

1999 Chrysler Sebring Convertible

by Disappointed with this American Made Car from Northern Colorado on Tue Aug 18 2009

Purchased this vehicle with 23,000 miles in 2002. Great car in the beginning, but lots of problems since 2005. Repairs usually require tearing apart a large portion of the vehicle - even for usually easy repairs. *Dash lights went out ($500 to fix) *Radio no longer works *CD player no longer works *Right passenger door only opens from the outside *A/C does not work *Vehicle turns off while driving (very dangerous on the free-way!) Not sure if I got a lemon or if these problems are common with the Sebring. Has certainly soured my experience with Chrysler.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2

Our Take on the 1999 Chrysler Sebring

Sebrings and summer are like ice cream and children: There's hardly a better way to enjoy warm weather.

The Sebring in question is Chrysler's four-passenger ragtop which now accounts for about one of three convertibles sold. It replaced the LeBaron in 1996, and since then it has proven to be extremely popular with open-air drivers.

While mechanically similar to the Sebring coupe, and built on the same front-wheel-drive, 106-inch wheelbase platform as the Dodge Stratus/Chrysler Cirrus, the convertible has its own unique body.

There are three models, the JX, JXi and fully equipped Limited. The JX has a 150-horsepower, 4-cylinder engine, while the others use a 168-horsepower, 2.5-liter V6... Read More