2000 Chrysler Sebring

Some problems

by from Dayton, OH on December 27, 2011

I like the pickup and driving the car. I bought it in 2003 with 30,000 on it. At 60,000, I had to rebuild the transmission. During the year of warranty, they had to put some kind of fluid in it to smooth out the jerking that would take place at some turns. Tha held for 2 years. Now I have to watch it on certain turns and situations. I've had problems with keeping air in the tires. That could be because of the winter in Ohio and the alloy wheels. I like it but will not buy another Chrysler product. I'll run the wheels off of this one.

JXI has been good to me

by from Portland, OR on November 2, 2008

I bought mine new and have tried to take good care of it. Now 140,000 miles later it is starting to show signs of being tired. I have heard that because it is the 6 cylinder convertible it has the better engine. I had a hand full of interior problems when new like the rear window defogger coming off and a seat belt jam but the factory fixed that under warranty. My only gripe would be that to have any engine work done casts a fortune because it is wedged in there with a shoe horn. It is nearly impossible to fix anything under the hood yourself. The JXI came with nearly all the features one could want. The anti lock breaking and traction control work great in the cold weather we get in Oregon. I have only been stuck once and that was due to the incline I was on. Had the car been on a less steep driveway the traction control would have gotten me up the hill. I am now replacing the timing belt and hope to get at least another 50,000 miles from her before I have to retire this car.

Great Car Fun to Drive Reliable!!

by from on November 15, 2008

Tkes Regular Gas and can get 31 mpg Highway with proper tire inflation at 65-70 mph. Top is secure and never leaket, traction control is great, and the Homelink featur means I don't need to carry my garage door opener, great buy reliable.

Good starter car

by from toledo on June 4, 2012

If your looking for a car that will get you around and you want to impress your friends it's your baby. Puls if your a starter at driving this is a easy thing to repair.

2012 Acura TL

by from Mount Vernon,NY on September 13, 2013

I was looking to get out of a lease and wanted to find an affordable car. I found this convertible and although the car was 13 years old, everything in it worked. No engine checks, smooth running and no one would believe I paid so little. If your looking for the biggest bang for the buck, this car is it!

good car

by from on May 28, 2009

I love this car. It is a really good car it has very good handling. I enjoy driving in the car as much as I can.

My Favorite

by from Detroit, MI on August 12, 2008

I have the convertible & love it. I had transmission problems at 90,000 miles, fluid leaked from where the axle comes out. I like the way the car looks, even though it's nothing fancy. The car handles well in rain & snow & on mountain roads, and has decent pickup. The interior design could be improved, the vents all close to the left, so you cannot direct air toward the passenger window, which is a pain when the interior fogs up. The blower only works at 1 of the 3 speeds, which is fairly common for chrysler cars of the last 30 years( you'd think they'd fix this by now). It would be nice if there were additional windshield vents, most of the air comes out of the center one & while it appears there are smaller ones toward the sides, I've never been able to detect air coming out of these. I like the room, the front seat is comfortable, people can ride in the back but it's a little cramped. The compromised trunk has a fair amount of room.

NOT the most reliable car that I have ever owned

by from NC on July 16, 2008

I only have 70,000 miles on the car and it has broken down one me many times. Just spent 3,000 on all sorts of piddly repairs.

In Love With This Car

by from MS on February 26, 2017

I have the Sebring Lxi Coupe. I purchased this car used, out of a man's yard (great condition, only 1 owner) back in 2010 and it has really been one of my greatest purchases yet! Still in love with this car. I have had to do expected maintenance over the years (it is 17yrs old now) but she still runs like a dream. I hope to purchase a new car soon but only if I can keep my Sebring. I do not want to get rid of her at all. She still runs great and still has that get up and go about her. Great quality car!!!

Similar Models