2003 Sebring

2003 Chrysler Sebring

2003 Chrysler Sebring

3.8

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2003 Chrysler Sebring?

Great car!

by leby from Nappanee, Indiana on Fri Dec 15 2017

I have owned this car for 15 years and have had to put very little money into it other than the normal stuff like tires, etc.

Don't make the same mistake

by James from Cincinnati, OH on Sun Jul 15 2012

I purchased this car used with about 75,000 miles on it. I had the GTC convertible. Inside and out the car looked flawless. I had leather interior. Pros: Leather held up great. No rips or tear problems and very little cracking so +1 for that. Car drives very smooth too and handles well in the corners +1. I?m 6?2 250lbs and it was comfortable to drive, lots of interior room. +1 Stock radio with 6cd changer sounded great too. +1 Cons: Lots of repairs. I had it for about 25,000 miles, from 75k-100k. During that time I did extensive suspension work to the front end. Had 1 tie rod break. Convertible motor was very sluggish and failing but didn?t go out. The seals around the convertible top failed and needed to be replaced as there was wind noise and leaking. Water pump when out. Worst of all of them. The little oil light flickered. I had my shop give it a look. I?m very mechanically inclined and he offered to show me the problem. Turns out there is a major design flaw with the 2.7 engine that causes oil sludge. He explained to me replacing a small screen at the bottom of the oil pan with a slightly longer one, more frequent oil changes (2000 miles), and using full synthetic from time time the car was new would have prevented the problem but standard oil on 3k change interval without the repair meant the engine was on its last leg at 100k miles. We looked at getting a new/rebuilt/or used engine but due to the frequency of this problem its nearly impossible and the ones we could get were more than the car was worth. I?m very sad to see this car go as it was fun to drive. Just please be aware when purchasing this car you will not likely get very many miles out of it and you should have that repair done asap before it destroys your engine.

2003 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Review

by Convertible Lover from Chicago, IL on Tue May 30 2006

I absolutely love my 03 Sebring. It offers plenty of trunk space and leg room while handling smoothly in all driving conditions. One of my favorite features is the ease in which the top goes down. One flick of the switch and three seconds later, I'm ready for convertible weather. Although I have heard many complaints in regards to noisy soft-top vehicles, I have to say the ride is quiet, even at high rates of speed during highway driving. After three years, I haven't had any maintenance problems to speak of. This is a fantastic vehicle to have for fun, while being useful for daily errands and toting passengers around. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a multipurpose vehicle that assists in getting from point A to B while still being fun to drive.

Catostrophic engine failure in chrysler 2.7

by Samantha from Colorado on Fri May 13 2011

If your looking to buy a chrysler id be very careful i bought a 2003 sebring with the 2.7 engine and i only put 13,000 miles on it and the engine blew. these particular engines are known for catostrophic engine failure if you dont do oil changes very frequently. ive researched this nand have become very informed and wish to inform others before they make the same mistake as me and just have a nice car in your driveway that doesnt go. I am keeping mine and replacing the engine because i found a place in MI that specializes in these engines that have a better quality water pump. good luck

Least Reliable Car I've Owned

by Saturn from Tennessee on Sat Dec 30 2006

Problem after problem. The day we bought it had trouble with brakes grabbing. Told, that because it sits so much. Every 3000 mile service we would tell them the brakes are not right, we'd be blown off. Just past 36000 miles, the tech told us our brakes are shot! This was just one of 17 problems. Went to trade it, they didn't want it. Saleman told us he buys 2006 Sebrings for $9,000 everyday. Don't buy Sebring. VERY over rated, will NOT maintain value.

I GOT A GOOD ONE

by R2DTWO from Charlotte, NC on Tue Apr 27 2010

My sebring convertible V6 has 80,000 miles and has never had any work done to it. I change the synthetic oil every6 k. nothing has ever broken. It rides good handles decent it has developed a couple of rattles-what convertible dosen't after 80K. Many reviews say this car has a poor reliability record, well you can't prove it by me.

chrysler sebring LXI -best car I've ever owned

by oddly attached to my car from on Thu Aug 23 2012

This car has been a joy to own. It has needed little other than routine maintenance. It rides great, the interior is loaded and the engine has had no issues. Even as the mileage crept up, it has started like a charm in cold weather and handled well in bad weather. I owned a volvo wagon in the 90s and this car has that beat by alot! Go figure. My son is a mechanic and doesn't want me to get rid of it but I'm in the mood for something different.

impressive very impressive

by cory from St. james,ny on Tue Nov 21 2006

i have been driving a 2002 durango over the last year. I loved that truck but i hated the amount of gas it ate. Last week I traded it in for an '03 sebring lxi convertable an i went from getting 12 miles a gallon to 25. i love everything about this car!

Love this car

by Dedicated Chrysler Owner from Ellenton, Florida on Tue Oct 13 2009

I specifically researched this car before I bought it last year used. This is the last Sebring built with the sporty grille. I like everything about this car except the center console and cup holders that are a hold over from the original Cirrus in 1995. I had to replace the power seat mechanism, original tires, and evaporator core, but otherwise have spent nothing more on repairs. The car now has close to 80,000 miles on it and rusns like a new one. The exterior paint is holding up very well and the styling is still very up to date. I would definitely recommend this car for an everyday roomy family car.

Ticking Time Bomb

by JMU Student from Columbus, OH on Thu Mar 31 2011

This car was decent until it hit about 90,000 miles. The transmission died when we were in the middle of nowhere. When I inherited the car, it ran alright. It took forever for the car to accelerate, however. Then one day it died on me on the highway, and I had to walk a mile to the nearest phone to call AAA. Apparently there was some sort of crack somewhere on the engine. I got the car back about two weeks later and then it died on me again. It turns out it was the fuel pump, which we had to replace. Since then, we've replaced the muffler, the battery (twice in a year), and the brakes (which is standard for any car). I would not recommend this car to anyone unless you are willing to drop more money than it is worth. And don't put a teenage driver behind the wheel of this car, trust me, this was my car in high school.

1 2

Our Take on the 2003 Chrysler Sebring

Sport coupes seem to fall into two categories: high-powered, tricked out rockets for the ÒThe Fast and the FuriousÓ crowd and semi-luxurious two-doors for a mature audience that favors comfort over speed.

While teenagers love to tear around in the former, the rest of us find life a lot more pleasing in the latter. Chrysler's 2003 Sebring is a good example. The 2002 had an oval grille that mimicked the Concorde sedan, but the 2003 gets a completely new nose with larger fog lights and grille dominated by a larger Chrysler logo. The look, which Chrysler describes as "sophisticated," has a distinctly European feel.

Around back, the trunk lid has been restyled, and inside it... Read More