2008 Sebring

2008 Chrysler Sebring

2008 Chrysler Sebring

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2008 Chrysler Sebring?

My 2008 /Sebring Convertible- Still a thrill

by convertible guy from Corpus Christi, Texas on Sun Feb 17 2013

I smile while driving - a lot. My Sebring convertible still attracts looks and is fun to cruise with the top down. I have just given it a 60,000 mile tune-up and transmission check and I plan to go another 60K in it. There is room for four in comfort and style, and the top goes up or down in only 25 seconds. The robotic action of the trunk rising and the top disappearing into it is always a little thrilling. I wish it had a little more power in the engine sometimes, but the 25mpg is preferred over power. It has been trouble free for all five years now.

Most fun Car I've ever owned

by Love my Florida Car from Dunnellon, FL on Tue Apr 12 2011

Love being able to drive around with the top down - it goes up an down so easily. We have had 4 adults in it - although there is not much leg room in the rear seat it is manageable. When the top is down there is sufficient space in the trunk for a couple of bags of groceries. I am so happy we bought this car!

Great looks and mileage

by SebringFan from Perrysburg, OH on Mon Sep 12 2011

Fantastic looks with 27 miles per gallon in city / 30 miles per gallon on highways. Classy interior with good use of technology.

THE BEST SEBRING CONVERTIBLE YET

by Florida Len from Florida on Wed Jul 25 2007

I have owned underpowered Chrysler Sebring Convertibles before so I bought this 2008 Limited model with the 3.5 liter engine and 6 speed automatic transmission. This is a great power combination, fast off the line with plenty of power to spare for passing and climbing hills. Transmission is very smooth and you get a feel for it so you really do not need the clutchless feature to use the gears manually. My car has the electronic stability with positraction and the anti-locking breaks so it handles very well. No shaking or wobbling. This is not a Bimmer, it is a road cruiser and a whole lot of fun. The interior in my Limited is generally well appointed although there is much too much plastic for a car that cost $36-$38,000. I bought the soft top as I am a purist and it is lined beautifully, is very quiet and has some stiffening parts contained therein. The 18" wheels that are standard take away the top heavy look of the car and they are very quiet touring tires. That with the 18" aluminum wheels (non-chromed) look really sharp on the car. Overall, a really great car for the money - can start it or put the top down, too with the remote key fob. If anyone is looking for pure fun and a touch of class, the new 2008 Sebring Limited is the answer providing you buy either the Touring with the 3.5 engine option and 18" wheels or as standard equipment on the Limited.

The car few people like

by Jeff_R from Jim Thorpe PA on Mon Jun 04 2018

I purchased this car used with 95,000 miles on it's odometer. The professional reviewers haves lots of reasons not to like it, I don't car, to me it's reliable transportation.

The first crysler I ever owned. Nice car

by Derek Townsend from Westland, MI on Sat Jul 15 2017

I like the Sebring convertible it has a luxury as well as a sporty style to it. I would buy another crysler Sebring convertible a later model. It has more technology than the previous models. The first crysler I own was a 2005 Sebring convertible I wasn't interested in a crysler vehicle at first until I drove one . I would buy another crysler vehicle especially a convertible.

Fun Car

by Don from Beloit, Ohio on Mon Mar 05 2012

A really nice convertible at a very good price. Haven;t had it long enough to rate its reliability but this is the 3rd Chrysler convertible I have owned in the last 13 years. The newly redesigned Sebring with its great euro look is very eye catching.

Beyond Expectations

by Top down lover from Detroit,MI on Sat Oct 26 2013

I bought a used 2008 red hardtop Sebring Convertible five months ago. It has 43,000 miles on it. It came with all of the past history. Only one issue with the battery in five plus years. I think it is one of the best looking cars on the road, with, or without the top down. It is a fully loaded Touring model. I can't believe how nice it drives. The leather seats are very comfortable. It has great power with the 2.7 L engine, along with great gas mileage. I like it better than my friend's new BMW convertible.

Great Convertible

by Sonny from Tampa, FL on Wed May 07 2008

I?ve had my 08 Limited Sebring hardtop convertible since November. I love this car. As I look at all the cars on the roads, none come close to the class and style of this automobile. After reading some reviews late last year, I was hesitant about my consideration in purchasing the Sebring convertible and decided to go look at it and test drive it for myself. I?m sure glad I did. The car handles the roads very well and driving it on the interstate is like riding in a low-flying airplane. The ride is incredible smooth and there?s virtually very little road noise. Both the body and the engine are nicely insulated to produce such an effect. It?s sometimes hard to believe this is a convertible. The feel of the car is very solid as attributed to the extra reinforcement for stiffness over rough roads. I?ve negotiated corners much faster that I would ever negotiate them during normal driving. I found that it corners like most other cars that I?ve been in. I found very little sway as some ?experts? say is more than usual. The interior is very stylish and the leather seats are of great quality. The dash and instrument panel are nicely appointed. I had a 300M that incorporated more padding in the dash and doors where the Sebring does use the harder type of plastic, although it still has aesthetic appeal. The 3.5L engine does a super job of handling this size automobile. There?s power to spare and there have been times when I was glad I had that extra power to handle some situations with moving traffic. It?s not sport car by any means but a super touring car that meets all my expectations for an exciting driving experience. Also, I put the hardtop up and down on the average of 3 times a day with no problems whatsoever. Washing this car is a breeze; I take it to the drive-thru carwashes and have had no problems. Test drive this car and I think you will be ?hooked?!

It's like every other Chrysler I've owned, bad

by johnnyfootball63 from on Tue Mar 21 2017

I bought this Sebring hard top convertible used and having a hard top convertible seems like the best of everything. Unless you open the top and it snags itself and twists the metal roof rain sill badly enough to make closing the top impossible any longer. I checked with the local body shop and they can't fix it at any price. I thought I had learned my lesson about Fords, Chryslers, and GM's long ago, but I didn't. Besides the top malfunction instantly making the car worthless, the car has loud mechanical sounds that make it sound badly engineered. It was fun while it worked, but now it's a heap of worthless junk and my money is down the tubes.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2008 Chrysler Sebring

Editor's note: Chrysler redesigned the Sebring sedan for the 2007 model year. The full review of it is available here; the review below covers only the new 2008 convertible.

Choices tend to be a good thing, and the return of the Chrysler Sebring convertible gives drop-top shoppers even more to consider with its three available tops — two soft and one retractable hardtop. Regardless of which top it has, the new convertible is made for cruising thanks to its comfort-oriented suspension and a cabin that's quiet with the top up or down.

Pick a Top, Any Top
The Sebring convertible is offered in base, Touring and Limited trim levels. Base and Touring models have a standard black vinyl top, while the... Read More