2002 Chrysler Voyager

Basic but comfy and generally reliable

by from Pennsylvania on December 23, 2011

Very basic van. No fancy features, but it's got the basics and it gets the job done. Very comfortable seats. Way more comfortable than a much more expensive minivan I used to own. Cargo room could be better. Reliability hasn't been too bad since purchasing it used. Had a sensor go which caused erratic shifting but after the fix ($97), it's been running fine. Got me and the family to Florida and back from Pennsylvania with no problems. For a basic vehicle, the sound system sounds great (again, better than the more expensive van I used to own) and the heater works like a charm better than any vehicle I've owned before. Even on the coldest morning in the 20s, I'm warm and toasty within minutes. Overall nothing fancy, but a great value for the money. Not sure why some websites give this van such a horrible rating.

Great Car!

by from Moreno Valley, CA on June 25, 2009

I've had the 2002 Chrysler Voyager for 9 years. Mine has the 3.3L V6 FlexFuel engine. It handles great! Manuevering it is so easy, it feels like a car. And the ride is smooth, too, and I haven't replaced my shocks for 9 years. The road is somewhat noisy, and speed bumps hurt, but on the freeway, the ride is smooth and confident. The engine is a little weak (180 HP) compared to today's minivan engines (260 HP). The interior is somewhat roomy. There is a lot of storage space; a glove compartment, a compartment under the radio, and one under the front passenger seat. Front and middle leg room is adequate, but the backrow is cramped and hard to move in. Not a lot of storage space in the back, but it's enough; and space next to the 2nd-row seat makes up for it. There's only one thing wrong with this car: reliability. Nearly half of all the mechanical components have broken down and have been replaced. Transmission is the most consistent problem. But, what would you expect from a 9-year-old American car, with over 195,000 miles on it? It could use a few more features; all I have is an AM/FM radio with a cassette player, nothing else. But it's all you need.Overall, a pretty good car for its price. Powerful enough, nice ride, and adequate interior quality. It's great for families.

10 years and still going

by from Allen Park, MI on March 27, 2011

I've had mine 10 years, and put it through sports teams and kids and travel. I have to say, it has never given me a major problem, has 120000 on it and still runs great. I sure can't complain.

new

by from Newark,NJ on January 21, 2010

Good car for family.Beautiful and comfort excelent,i have this car and recommend chrysler voyager 2002.

This car is fantastic!

by from Katy, TX on September 5, 2011

Bought this car in 2002, and it now has 57,000 miles. This is a forever car and a very reliable and attractive vehicle. A dream on the highway.

Good vehicle for price

by from Jacksonville, Fl on December 6, 2017

Fits my need, very good condition, drives great. Some minor electrical problems with locks on doors.

Uses car for Havingfun

Great vehicle

by from Lubbock, Tex on January 25, 2012

We purchased the Voyage new with 2 miles on the odometer in 2002, we still drive this van with 137,000 miles on it. It has been a very good purchase for us. The transmission went out in November 2007, however it was under warranty and was replaced. We have been very happy with this Chrysler

Good vehicle for price