1997 Caravan

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

1997 Dodge carvan

by Henry from Indpls In on July 31, 2006

The engine is a 3.3 , Returns very good mileage/ 18-city,25 highway, Air condition performs well even when temp reach 100 degrees, The air ducts build into the drivers and passager doors,are well designed, Thus providing cool or warm air to the passenger in rear seats, later model carvans do not have this duct system in the front doors, Shame on Chrysler for deleting it. Future Carvans do not have the very efficient 3.3 V-6 engine thus the vehicle gas mileage decreases. Current milage is 93,000 and does not burn oil.

I miss my Caravan Sport

by Minivan Lover from Clemson SC on May 12, 2012

I bought the Sport van from my uncle, who had bought it new. I drove it nearly 5 1/2 years before selling it at 130,000 miles when the water pump went bad for the second time in less than a year. I've really missed it, though. It was comfortable and had such a smooth ride, I could drive for hours and not be tired. I drove a 2007 Sienna rental van on a trip and it wasn't as smooth and comfortable as my Caravan. My only complaints were having to have the transmission rebuilt at 80,000 miles and the wind shear on the highway. Gas mileage was decent with a 19 mpg average.

Our Expert Review: 1997 Dodge Caravan