NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2016 Challenger

2016 Dodge Challenger

2016 Dodge Challenger

Have You Driven the 2016 Dodge Challenger?

Has returned me to my youth...

by Scorpion King from Vestal, NY on Mon Dec 12 2016

2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat. The smile rarely leaves my face when driving it. Someone else commented that this is not for a teenager. He's right; this car is an incredible machine that is so fast and powerful that carelessness will lead to catastrophe. I love this car. I have a 1970 Challenger that I am restoring and the upgrades to the modern version are truly awesome in every sense of that word. If you can afford a powerful sports car, this should be an option for you. Great job Mopar!

The thrill of buying a Hellcat

by Lewis from Holly Springs, NC on Fri May 20 2016

707 horse power has never been more affordable! These two senior citizens have never been more thrilled. If you have paid your dues in life, just remember, YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD FOR A TOY!

Still Shakin'

by Surfdancer from Fair Play, SC on Wed Apr 27 2016

After researching new and used cars, I needed one which would allow my large body easy access in and out of the vehicle, while giving me some sport in my ride. The Dodge Challenger had what I wanted and more! The version I purchased was the R/T Plus Shaker. The Shaker is a hood scoop that brings fresh cool air to the filter. Unlike other scoops, this is attached to the engine, and is a very sporty piece of kit. The R/T Plus is equipped with the UConnect 8.4 with the big screen, the Track Pak application and more amenities than are needed. The seating and interior is Nappa leather, with very high quality stiching. The A/C system has full controls for driver and front seat passenger. Mine was equipped with the Harmon Kardon sound system and it sounds quite nice when rolling along. It does automatically reduce volume when slowing below 20 or when stopped, even when that is selected to be off. I find that a little annoying, but since I have the 6 speed manual, it helps me hear the motor so I don't stall when pulling away from stops... As delivered, the 20" tires were overfilled from the factory. Once I let air out of the tires to the correct pressure, the ride improved greatly. Mine has the small hemi (5.7 liter), which has plenty of power to move this heavy car. For a heavy car, it handles very quickly and holds the road very well. It is a joy to drive. I'm getting 20 mpg average with regular unleaded. I've owned the vehicle for 1 month / 1500 miles so far. Time will tell if it will hold up like my Dodge Ram did (sold it at 230,000 miles with no issues). The car is complemented frequently. It really has a muscular stance and very smooth styling. Most of the Challengers on dealer lots have accent stripes or black out roofs, but I wanted one which was free of decals. I wanted a light color model, and bought the bright white one. Once home, I sealed the paint and applied a good coat of wax. This is a car I want to show off. When driving, the visibility and driver comfort is much better than the Mustang (I owned and quickly sold a 2012), or the Camaro. I've rented both 2016 models during business travel and find them very uncomfortable, and restrictive. My only complaints are minor. The spare tire consists of a tire pump and two sub-woofers. The auto volume does not completely shut down when the auto volume defeat is selected. The engine has the famous "hemi tick" from the valve train, which I hope goes away after the factory engine oil is changed.

Baby Boomer Car!!

by Jeaniem from Calvert, Texas on Mon May 30 2016

This is a beautiful vehicle. We have the shaker hood, all black, from interior to rims. We had a 1970 with same hood and speed . It is a car for those of us who have reached the time for us. It is not for carting kids around. Always be careful, but have fun. Varoom.

I really love this car!!

by Nyislefan485 from on Tue Mar 21 2017

I bought this 2016 Dodge Challenger scat pak shaker 392 hemi new.its plum crazy purple. Very fast car that draws a lot of attention whenever I take it out It rides smooth and has a lot of power. .i highly recommend this car to any one looking for a fun car to drive. I wouldn't recommend it to someone too young. Too much power!! I purchased the extra warranty to cover everything.

Fun and Fast Scat Pack

by Scat Pack Fan from Manchaca on Sun Apr 29 2018

I just purchased a used 2016 Challenger Scat Pack and have put about 600 miles on it so far. This car is so much fun to drive, slow or fast. I have the bright red color and boy does it turn heads. I already have a resonator delete kit on order to get rid of those restrictive resonators behind the back bumper. This will give it a nicer exhaust growl which I love. If you buy a vehicle with 485hp, dont be upset at your gas mileage. Im averaging 16mpg sometimes 18-20 on the open road. Its very hard to keep your foot off the accelerator with a car of this caliper. I owned a Nissan 350z before the Challenger, and I can tell you one thing, there is nothing like American muscle. The interior design is sweet as is the exterior. It has many details with the engine outputs and settings which are very good to have to help keep an eye on vehicle performance. So if you can handle exhilarating eye opening performance, go get yourself a Scat Pack, you wont be disappointed!!!

First brand new car

by Troy from St george, UT on Sat Apr 15 2017

I've always bought used cars before this. I love the brand new feel with all the warranties. I would literally giggle when I saw my car parked outside work because I get to drive it home. I'm a taller guy and I fit in this car very comfortably. The car sounds great with the hemi. I'm always having to roll down my window because people like to tell me they like the car. Kids are always asking if it's a race car. The radio\nav etc console is very user friendly. My favorite feature is the vented seats. The seats and steering wheel are heated as well. The backup camera is useful as well. My kids always beg to be take. And picked up from school in it instead of the minivan. The only complaints I have are the sport button and that it's not a hellcat ; ) the sport button should be an eco button and shut 4 cylinders down instead of the opposite. I mean come on, it's a muscle car. Love it.

Mopar or no car! A beauty and a beast!

by MyMango from Ontario Canada on Mon Mar 06 2017

Love the style and performance. Retro on the outside but all upgraded. Tech package is superb. We are very pleased with our purchase.

Mopar or no car.

by Dzzy69 from Mass on Tue Aug 21 2018

I bought my challenger RTSP used and after some research, I found out the car is a 1 of 1 in the world! Rides nice, super fast and doesn't disappoint. I have the car getting on average 28 MPG with a 392!

Hellcat

by The Halligan from Grand Junction, CO on Sat Apr 15 2017

Just picked up a new 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat. Drove it back home from Denver (200+ miles), the car ran great. Dodge did a great job at making the inside comfortable and useful. The SRT pages are great at providing information about the car and the seats were comfy on the long ride. It's a fuel hog but I bought it for a play car and will mostly come out on the weekends. Even with 700+ HP it was vary at home on the street and could be a daily driver. I look forward to seeing how this car is over the next few years. If you don't feel like you need that much HP, then I'm sure the SRT or ScatPak will be just as good.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17

Our Take on the 2016 Dodge Challenger

Editor's note: This review was written in September 2014 about the 2015 Dodge Challenger. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2016, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

If a retro-styled American muscle car is what you crave, you don't have to spend Hellcat money to get Hellcat fun — the 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack costs less but is easily as entertaining.

Dodge scored a major public-relations coup this summer when it introduced the 2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat, a 707-horsepower monster muscle car that set even the non-automotive press abuzz with its arrival. It became the hit of the summer of 2014; everyone was... Read More