2012 Charger

2012 Dodge Charger

2012 Dodge Charger

Have You Driven the 2012 Dodge Charger?

So Far So Good

by JayeMaye from Washington, DC on Wed May 02 2012

This is what I've bought Saturday: 2012 Dodge Charger SXT Blackberry Pearl Raylle Package Navigation System/Backup Camera Spoiler/Sunroof/Cloth Seats My Review: I traded in my from 2009 Dodge Charger SXT (With Leather). I didn't think I would like the cloth seats, but they are okay. Everything on the inside of my car is black, even the ceiling, so I wouldn't be able to see any stains (A Major Plus). The car drives very well! I absolutely love the weight of the steering wheel. It's pretty quiet on the inside on the road and the visibility is good. I find myself thinking of excuses just to drive it somewhere LOL. Oh, I've also discovered "Sport Mode" which makes it very thrilling to drive! It makes the Charger feel and sound like one of those tiny little sport cars. I love the push button start! I don't even need to take the keys out of my pocket. Now the problem will come in the summer time, when I won't have a jacket to put my keys in (I'm a guy), so i'll probably have to buy a belt clip to clip them on. The Remote start is such a great feature as well! Overall, I like the car. I still have to get used the cloth seats, but honestly, they feel better than leather. So if you are thinking about leather, give the cloth seats a try, as you may not even want to purchase them. The only thing I see is a problem is finding a comfy driving position (I don't have the power adjustable pedals on this one, as on my 2009 charger). But I guess will find that one over time. Give this one a shot! If you have an old charger, I would recommend you trading it in. The 2012 ones are built much better in my opinion.

Performance and comfort

by Female Driver from Yorkville, IL on Thu Jun 14 2012

I just got my Special Order wiith my name on window sticker SXT Plus AWD V6 8 speeds Black on Black with matching spoiler. Leather seats are awsome everything you need for $37K. The special AWD wheels are gun metal chrome only on AWD. Big touch screen is so easy with nav and back up camera. Handles like a sports car with a Bently interior. I guess its a middle class Flying spur. super quite inside and easy to drive and see out of. Which is important to me since im 5' 00". Any girl looking for a new car has to check this one out. I gaurentee you will choice this over Honda, Ford, toyota, GM. They cant match this car at all. Believe me I have been a loyal Honda person for years and this is my 3rd chrysler product.

Amazing Car!

by I<3DODGE from Chicago, IL on Mon Mar 19 2012

I have a 2012 Dodge Charger R/T Plus AWD in red with black leather. I live in the Chicago area and if you live where there is snow, the 2k for AWD is worth it! I test drove the V6 and with the new 8 speed it is very smooth, but I had to go for the Hemi! Overall a very nice car, the 8.4 in. Touch Screen is awesome, the back seat is also very comfortable, one of the roomiest I sat in while car shopping. I highly recommend this car if you have a family but want to have some fun too!

Very Satisfied

by New Car Buyer from Burlington NC on Fri Jun 29 2012

About 2 months ago I purchased a new Dodge Charger SXT. I have been very impressed with the car so far. I'm getting around 34 mpg highway and 19 mpg in town. The car handles and drives like a dream. The only down thing is the electronic gear shift . It takes some getting used to. The car is beautiful. I get a lot of compliments on the car.

Mopar rises to the top yet again!

by KTisaPhillyPhan from Delaware on Tue May 08 2012

We bought a tungsten metallic SXT-Plus Charger two months ago and we LOVE it! The 8-speed transmission delivers plenty of getty-up and go! It has the comfort of a large 4-door sedan but handles like a sports car. We have every option available except the Hemi, which we did not want in this car. We have a Hemi in our Dodge 1500. This is the seventh Mopar we have purchased in the last 20 years and we are never disappointed!!

Love this car!

by Muscle Car Dad from Marion, IL on Sat Nov 26 2011

We traded in our 2006 Chevy Impala SS on our new 2012 Charger R/T Max. We are very impressed with not only the power and handling, but also the luxury features-this is a very roomy, comfortable, well mannered vehicle. Very suprised with the features, such as the intuitive navigation, adaptive cruise control, back-up camera, awesome stereo, and heated steering wheel and front and rear seats. Very satisfied with what we paid, also.

Great looking car

by Mopar guy Rob from Philly from Philadelphia, PA on Thu Feb 09 2012

I've always liked Mopars and this is no exception. My 2012 Charger SXT Plus is all that I hoped it would be when I ordered it. It looks great in the Blackberry pearl finish and black leather interior. The fit and finish are really good and it runs and handles as good as it looks. It has many features that make it a standout; 500 watt stereo w/subwoofer, heated seats, heated mirrors, 8 speed auto trans, and the touchscreen display. The list goes on and on. I really like driving it and so does my wife, there is plenty of room in the back even with the front seats all the way back. Try it, you'll like it.

2012 Dodge Charger- Its impressive

by Al from Virginia on Thu Nov 29 2012

Only have 2500 miles on this car. Its a blacktop model and looks fabulous. People complement the design on a regular basis. When I tell them that the car gets 33-34 mpg on the open road they tend to agree that this is a great US car. The 8 speed transmission (1300 rpm at 75 mph) is what allows the car to sip gas. Ride is firm and it corners like the tires are on rails. Great car for a family/business person who needs to carry 4-5 people at times but want the world to know that they are car crazy.

Way better than my BMW!

by Thought I'd Never Buy American from San Diego, CA on Wed Sep 19 2012

I traded a 2006 BMW 5 series for this car. I thought I'd never leave the Germans. However, this R/T Max V8 Hemi is amazing!! POWER!! GADGETS! Adaptive Cruise has changed my life. 8.4" touch screen with so many features! Heated and cooled seats AND cupholders! So cool! Back up cam, blind spot monitoring, cross path detection. There isn't a feature I can think of that this car does not have, and I was able to buy it with incentive s for nearly half the cost of a new BMW. PS...there's a lot of Mercedes technology in this car which I like. You'll notice some similarities from the past partnership.

Love this car!

by tuffnut from Orange County, NY on Thu Aug 02 2012

So much fun; love how it handles, looks...everything! The only think I am not happy with is the trunk...it is hard to keep closed when there is a lot of luggage in it. The radio also "skips" every once in a while, but other than that, this car is a blast!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2012 Dodge Charger

After being completely redesigned for 2011, only one thing kept the Dodge Charger from being a success. Now it's got it: For 2012 models, the Charger gets a new eight-speed transmission that gives the standard V-6 engine a boost in both performance and fuel economy.

The new transmission brings fresh features, like paddle shifters and a Sport mode for a livelier driving experience. There are also a few other changes for 2012 (see the model years compared). I tested a Charger SXT with the SXT Plus option package, which included the new eight-speed automatic transmission standard; the previous five-speed is still the base transmission on SE models.

Choosing the base V-6 engine doesn't mean getting a... Read More