2000 Dodge Dakota consumer reviews

$13,655–$17,130 MSRP range
side view of 2000 Dakota Dodge
Explore the 2000 Dodge Dakota

'99 dakota was my first vehicle

i had a '99 dakota as my first vehicle and drove alot of others, 5 stars all the way for 'em. theyre great little trucks, an i know from takin mine off road they can take a beatin

Good truck

I have seen this vehicle and the description is what it says it is. Very accurate description of vehicle.

drivers position best ever of all cars I've owned

I had the truck special ordered from Chrysler. Power everything,limited slip. It's 10 yeas old and runs as good as the day I bought it. Tows my boat(17')easily. Great truck.

4.3

Plenty of power

Even though this is a "small pick-up" it still has a massive v8 magnum engine in it. Acceleratin is awesome and it has no trouble toing a trailer. All of the controls are easy to reach and use and were well thought out. This is a beast of a "compact"

4.1

Incredibly Powerful

I own a 2000 v8 5.9 Liter r/t. With some work, mine has upwards of 370 hp! This truck is an absolute tank. Faster than most sports cars, even when equipped with stock parts. Horrible gas mielage, but when you buy a v8, what do you expect? If I really gun it, I may only get 6 mpg.. 12-16 if I drive economically with favoring road conditions. (no traffic) Very loud, in a good way. I personally have over 95,000 miles and it still runs great.

3.1

Looks nice but not a nice drive

This truck has bad safety and crash test ratings. The seats are highly uncomfortable for any length of time. The body still looks good (2008) except for the front bumper which rusts pretty bad. The truck recently needed a new distributor cap as it wasn't starting. The check engine light comes on every now and again. The truck has good acceleration.

I've had no problems with mine

I am the original owner of a dodge 2000 quad cab. Loaded. Power everything, oversized side mirrors, keyless entry, etc... The only thing I have a beef about is how fast the factory good year tires wore down. I think I barely got 24,000 miles out of the factory tires. I then replaced the tires and the generic KELLY radial tires didn't fare much better. This is without burning out. I finally settled on Michelin's and it appears that I may have found my tire. Other than that, this truck is a rock. Great sound system, great power, decent handling and lots of room for the backseat drivers.

Best utility vechile great size

I love the size of the truck, it pulls all of my trailers better than any other tow vechile that I have owned. I has power to spare pulling up hills when we go out west and handles great both in city traffic and on the highway. I mostly drive it back and forth to work, it is a pleasure to drive.

3.0

Good First Car

I got this car from a relative just this year. It currently has 62,000 miles on it and I already had to replace the gas cap and the throttle positioning system. Small components but it makes a difference. Fun to drive overall.

3.4

Not my favorite vehicle

I have a 2000 dodge dakota sport w. the 3.9 v6magnum and manual transmission. Overall it got me from point a to point b, but it hasn't been too reliable for me. I've had to replace the driveshaft and transmission, and it is starting to give me trouble again. and the powersteering is leaking i believe. these aren't problems that a 2000 well maintained vehicle should have.