2003 Dodge Dakota consumer reviews

side view of 2003 Dakota Dodge
Explore the 2003 Dodge Dakota
Shop the 2003 Dodge Dakota

2 Trucks 2 Dakotas

I was the owner of a 00 Dakota slt, when i sold it I purchased a 03 Dakota slt because I loved the first one so much! Both had terrific power with the 4.7 engine, decent gas mileage for the engine size, bigger than other compact pickups, very friendly cabin cabin area. All round great pickup! Know a friend with V6 and regrets it shifting so much (tranny strain) My 4.7s actually get better on gas!

nice truck got for good price

great truck bought used got a great deal looks brand new needed somethin to haul a boat and dirt bikes does great gets decent gas mil..... for a truck gotta v6 and does the job fine um like i said got for cheap and still holding its value above what we paid and i love the quad cab awesome truck....

3.0

cheap truck

always having a problem with water coming in from under carpet some where.took to the frahm dealer two times.almost 600 hundred dollars later it is still the same.engine light comes on and off.tune up's didnt change anything.Ecept to my bank acount.I paid $6700. for the sxt 3.7 v6.And it had 31286 miles on it..Pice of junk.Never by dodge trash again

3.0

Not Much Truck, For the Money

I bought my 2003 Dakota 4X4 new, $28,000. The 4.7 liter engine has never seen 17 MPG, as stated on the sticker. Rarely goes above 15 MPG. Plenty of power, provided I'm not towing anything over 2000 lbs. Reliability is out the window, the rear differential gears broke, sending pieces of metal throughout the diff, that cost me several hundred dollars to repair (even under warranty), the replacement parts for recalls have fried and the sensor canister was exposed to a (small) mud puddle and cracked costing another $300+ to fix. (Becasue it was my fault for driving through the puddle, ON AN ASPHALT ROAD!) Save your cash and get a Toyota or Nissian.

Great Truck

Best truck in the class, bought it used, and have had absolutely no problems. I love the way it drives and I love the pickup and speed.

4.1

Great vehicle, great pricing

Altho the 3.9l lacks complete power, it still gets up and goes. Very comfortable interior design, with extended cab. Comfortable driving and great handling. Rear wheel drive makes for a bit of a hastle in the wintery months, but for a few months of the year its worth it, unless you find the 4x4 version.

2.6

Dakota

i purchased this truck new, Mechanically this trsuck has been a good truck but when it comes to the little things its not so good. such as the brake release lever snaped one day. The glove box handle broke the comfort is pretty bad, the ride is rather rough and the gas mileage is horrible ( but it is a dodge ) for as small of a truck as it is i cant belive im getting about 12mpg city my brother has a 2002 tahoe and ges 16mpg city and its twice the size with a bigger engine. I'm looking to get rid of it soon, the dodge truck just isnt for me. i'd save a little more money and go for a GMC or a Chevy

4.4

Only a few minor problems.

I've owned a quad cab 4X4 since new (3.5 years now) and overall it hads been a good truck. Only a few monor problems like a leaking shock absorber and the heater fan resistor died (no fan in winter). I like the looks and power of the 2003 model but the handling is rather "boaty" for my feel.