2007 Dakota

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Good Truck

by Sparky from Wichita KS on August 18, 2009

The truck drives nice, runs good, never breaks down its a good truck, I like the size of the truck not to big not to small just right. It gets about 15-16 mpg city and highway wich is not to bad for the way i drive. I also like the 4x4 it has got me out of some bad places when it was snowing so over all its a good truck to have.

Dakota good buy

by Dan from Manchester on November 23, 2008

I purchased the truck new for both regular transport and to haul stuff. The performance has been good. I haven't had to do any work at all in 2 years. The only issue with my model is the head-rests don't adjust. I like to sit straight and the head-rest pushes your head forward.

Best Vehicle I've ever owned!

by Never Thought I would like Dodge from Scottsdale, NY on March 9, 2015

I never thought I would own a Dodge. I've heard great things about their trucks. I work with Mechanical Engineers and 80% of them owned a Dodge truck. I typically trade in a vehicle ever 2-3 years but not with my current Dodge, I love it. It's been very reliable and very good to me with little to no mechanical issues. The 1st vehicle I didn't end upside down on. I recommend a Dodge truck any day!

safe truck to drive

by my other car is a Cadillac from liverpool, ny 13088 on August 1, 2012

I have a v6 engine 2 wheel drive. It has one fault...responds poor on bad roads. Rough riding truck. I have had 2 other dakotas...1990 (new); 1993 (used) ; AND this 2007 (used). I just wonder if a previous owner put on heavier springs or stiff shocks. I have put on 13000 miles in the two years and 5 months; bought it with 35000 miles.

great truck!

by Max1 from Phoenix, AZ on January 16, 2011

This truck is a 2wd Quad Cab with the 4.7 liter V8. I specifically wanted the V8, since the V6's gas mileage is only 2 MPG better than the V8's. For that, I'll take superior torque, horsepower and reliability. The 5 speed automatic transmission is the same Mercedes-Benz-sourced trans as in the E class cars. My truck had the SLT package, which I believe is a better value than the upscale Laramie. In the AZ heat, I don't need the leather or the moonroof. I also wanted the bucket seats with the full center console, instead of the 60/40 bench seats with the fold down armrest, which invariably ends up breaking off. You get all the power goodies, like the power windows, seats, locks, etc, for the lower price of the SLT. This truck was well cared for. It handles very well, for a mid sizer. Currently, I'm getting 18.3 MPG, form the V8! And I'm not hypermiling, either. Nor am I laying twin strips of rubber in every corner, either. Keep the tach needle below 2000 RPM, and I get pretty good gas mileage It's a comfortable truck, and I'm glad I found another one in this good of shape.

This truck requires front end sevice continously

by Froggy from St. Paul, Mn on December 20, 2014

I have the 2wd 4door SLT model. I like this truck a lot prefect size for what I do. However this truck is hard on front end parts; ball joints, tie rod ends, stabilizer links. I bought the truck used with 12,000 miles and I only have 48,000 miles on it and these parts have been replace twice now. Which means the outside of the tires wear quickly and it has to be aligned also. It is a rougher ride but can haul a little more weigh then I thought. The V-8 has good pulling power but only get about 14-15 miles per gallon. Could have bought a full size truck, but wont fit in the garage.

Does not recommend this car!!

2007 Dakota 4 dr

by DA from kansas city,ks on September 13, 2011

not a bad truck. things that i noticed right away was the gas milage could be better, i am averaging around 15 mpg in the summer and 17mpg in the winter. interior of the truck is overall pretty roomy for a mid sized truck.

It?s a Pleasure

by Prank Monkey from The Frozen North, Michigan on December 6, 2007

I like the size of the truck\ it?s bigger then the Rangers and S-10s? it?s a real midsize. And if my wife has to drive it she doesn?t cry. The Tow package is great. The road noise is tolerable (sense it?s not a sedan). Switching into 4X4 is awkward, the switch it hard to reach while the truck is moving 2-3 MPH... As is the recommended method. But once you?re in the snow and slush is no longer an issue. The interior is not all the ergonomically accessible. But sound system is fine. Value for the Money? Others are cheaper, and this truck has a horrible return; is not highly desired so as much of an investment as a truck can be ? this truck is NOT it! It?s a great looking truck, and I have always loved the way a MOPAR designs their vehicles, but the 2008 is much cooler then the 2007? still I like my ?07. I kind of wished I?d gotten the V8 over the 6 and the transmission is a 4 speed (which is weak) but this is not my work truck and shouldn't be for any kind of heavy duty work... so I can?t wine about it too much. Even though I would have liked a bigger engine, I still can pull my wife?s Geo Prism out of a snow ditch. Still, I?m a typical guy; always wanting more power!

pretty good for a truck

by THOR from Baldwin, GA on April 7, 2007

It's more of a midsize than a fullsize and the interior could have more features. But overall it's pretty good.

Good Value For the Money

by Dokata Driver from Shawnee, KS on April 30, 2010

The truck is the perfect size for me and this is my 3rd Dakota but first 4x4. This truck actually has more features than I needed, leather, sunroof, tuxedo cover etc. I purchased the Quad Cab with the 4.7 V8. Pros are the performance and features for the money. Cons are the suspension (a little rough) and gas mileage (15 mpg avg). Overall, I am happy with what I got for the money.

1 2