Great Vehicle

by from Copperas Cove, TX on February 20, 2010

Bought used 7 months ago and haven't regretted it at all. Had 142K miles on it at the time. Since then I had to replace the water pump due to bearings going out, but that's the only problem. The vehicle was obviously well maintained by the original owner. The 5.2l engine provides good power. Changed to a K&N air cleaner and it boosted the hp. Gets poor gas mileage, but you can increase it some by being careful starting - keep it under 2500 rpm while accelerating. Very roomy and comfortable.

Durango SLT

by from Sault Ste. Marie, MI on February 11, 2009

I bought a Durango in good old Michigan about a year ago. I LOVE it! My only beef is that it is a gas destroyer! We get snow in MI so the gas is kind of worth the drive ability it has. It handles the roads NICE. It doesn't like to shift into overdrive either unless I let it warm up a bit. When the temp. is below zero I can't be too upset though.

Original Durangos are still Great

by from OC, CA on April 15, 2011

I have two Durangos and they are both still real work horses. Both have nearly 200K miles and just keep running. The R/T gets poor gas mileage but it tows well.

Great SUV!!!!!!!!

by from on August 26, 2011

I went from a 2000 Honda Accord LX, which I loved to death, to a 1999 Dodge Durango SLT. I unfortunately totaled my Accord and I was devastated. I wasn't looking into an SUV after the accident, I was originally looking for a Volvo XC70. When I had finally found one that I loved I went to the dealer to buy it. I'm VERY glad that they had sold it the day before and that they had directed me toward the Durango. I bought my Durango in July of '05 and have loved it ever since. My husband loved it so much he went out and bought his own this year (also a '99 SLT)!!!! Sadly the expenses of all of the work that it needs is too much for me. My Durango Has given me a great 6 years and I don't think I'll ever go back to a sedan.

most reliable vechile

by from racine,wi on February 4, 2011

this vechile i bought used but made it even nicer upgradeing everything its so reliable and works great

Big Family Mountain Powered Beast

by from Akron Ohio on September 17, 2012

Took this truck on many trips with up to 8 people through mountains and flat lands across America. My 1999 Durango SLT has 129k miles and still going strong. The computers in these give many people problems due to heat issues. I recently replaced the original at 128k miles. The hood scoops in many I believe help to solve this problem through improved air flow in the engine compartment. If your throwing crazy engine codes this could be your problem. I been keeping maintenance up and this baby drives great and sounds awesome with lots of power. The leather seats are very comfortable and premium sounds system is great. Lots of room with third row seating. Only negative I would say is that the steering is controlled through a gear box instead of the newer rack and pinion design. One side of the gears are starting to wear on mine and giving it a bit more play than I would like but not bad after 130k miles. Overall I would rate this as one of my favorites all time SUV's.

Deal of a life

by from poconos, pa on April 28, 2007

I found a 1999 Durango SLT, 37K, for $9K...CLEAN inside & out. I had to see and drive it, purchased it, so far excellent. PLENTY of cargo and passenger space (front and rear). Not bad on fuel for a 318 V8.

Gift for dad

by from on May 2, 2012

A great SUV. I bought it from my father after he got it from the scrap yard after some idiot junked it instead of just fixing it.

im kind of biased. i like dodges.

by from spencer, tn on June 4, 2012

I owned a Dodge Durango many years ago and I am just as pleased with this one as i was with that one. They are the same years just different motors. I will check this website again when in the market to buy another vehicle. Thank you cars.com. Sincerely, Pleased

I love my durango !

by from Portland , Oregon on December 12, 2014

My husband decided to buy me a car that would fit both of our kids in and he got in a 1999 dodge Durango. I love my Durango. It is the prefect size for our family of 4 .I love the way it looks on the outside and the inside. It is very easy to drive and very cozy to ride in. Since we got it there has been no issues. It is a wonderful family car. I am more then happy that we got it. Then you can never go wrong with a dodge :-)

Similar Models