1999 Dodge Durango

The absolute best vehicle I've ever driven

by from waverly tn on August 12, 2017

The Durango had everything I wanted and everything I needed. Lots of power and room for all my needs

Uses car for Transportingfamily

A Good Car from Point A to B

by from on June 27, 2017

The 99' dodge Durango is very spacious inside and can be a very reliable car. While it is not the fastest car it makes up for it by being safe and dependable. What I like most is the power seating options you can raise or lower you seat in any direction being short myself I need to be higher than most cars allow you to be. The turning radius is very good and parking is a breeze. It's a great beginner car for up and coming young drivers.

great suv

by from Iowa on August 19, 2016

I bought my Durango new back in 1999. it now has 103,000 miles on it. From my kids using it for school to harsh winters pulling out friends and family in ditches my Durango known to my family as the blue beast will do anything. Pulling toys works great always starts. Now im a maintence fanatic. AC compressor went out around 80k miles and for 2500.00 to fix I did not fix it. at 90k miles front seal started leaking now as a mechanic if you fix a rear or front seal leak can start leaking again so on a 17 yr old vehicle don't fix not worth the money just check your oil every 2 weeks with avg driving and add oil as needed youll be fine. Overall in closeing its been a great vehicle by far better then many out there now. Dodge has always made good vehicles you can depend on. 27 yr mechanic--

I love my durango !

by from Portland , Oregon on December 12, 2014

My husband decided to buy me a car that would fit both of our kids in and he got in a 1999 dodge Durango. I love my Durango. It is the prefect size for our family of 4 .I love the way it looks on the outside and the inside. It is very easy to drive and very cozy to ride in. Since we got it there has been no issues. It is a wonderful family car. I am more then happy that we got it. Then you can never go wrong with a dodge :-)

Never buy a dodge again

by from nj on May 17, 2014

this suv is the right size but the oil pump is not the right one for the size engine and would not dodge will not recall and fix the issue every thing in this suv has been fixed from engine to heater and air. and if rains will not start. DODGE WILL NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR SUV

Big Family Mountain Powered Beast

by from Akron Ohio on September 17, 2012

Took this truck on many trips with up to 8 people through mountains and flat lands across America. My 1999 Durango SLT has 129k miles and still going strong. The computers in these give many people problems due to heat issues. I recently replaced the original at 128k miles. The hood scoops in many I believe help to solve this problem through improved air flow in the engine compartment. If your throwing crazy engine codes this could be your problem. I been keeping maintenance up and this baby drives great and sounds awesome with lots of power. The leather seats are very comfortable and premium sounds system is great. Lots of room with third row seating. Only negative I would say is that the steering is controlled through a gear box instead of the newer rack and pinion design. One side of the gears are starting to wear on mine and giving it a bit more play than I would like but not bad after 130k miles. Overall I would rate this as one of my favorites all time SUV's.

im kind of biased. i like dodges.

by from spencer, tn on June 4, 2012

I owned a Dodge Durango many years ago and I am just as pleased with this one as i was with that one. They are the same years just different motors. I will check this website again when in the market to buy another vehicle. Thank you cars.com. Sincerely, Pleased

Gift for dad

by from on May 2, 2012

A great SUV. I bought it from my father after he got it from the scrap yard after some idiot junked it instead of just fixing it.

Great SUV!!!!!!!!

by from on August 26, 2011

I went from a 2000 Honda Accord LX, which I loved to death, to a 1999 Dodge Durango SLT. I unfortunately totaled my Accord and I was devastated. I wasn't looking into an SUV after the accident, I was originally looking for a Volvo XC70. When I had finally found one that I loved I went to the dealer to buy it. I'm VERY glad that they had sold it the day before and that they had directed me toward the Durango. I bought my Durango in July of '05 and have loved it ever since. My husband loved it so much he went out and bought his own this year (also a '99 SLT)!!!! Sadly the expenses of all of the work that it needs is too much for me. My Durango Has given me a great 6 years and I don't think I'll ever go back to a sedan.

Original Durangos are still Great

by from OC, CA on April 15, 2011

I have two Durangos and they are both still real work horses. Both have nearly 200K miles and just keep running. The R/T gets poor gas mileage but it tows well.