2002 Durango

4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

Love my truck!

by Special K from Key Largo, Florida on December 5, 2008

I wanted a vehicle that was multi-purpose; to pull my boat, bring stuff home from the big box home repair stores, not be too big but was comfortable for my 5'10" height. I got it in this truck! And she is pretty to boot! My gas mileage is MUCH better than expected at 19 mgp city. Not too big, not too small-just right.

love it

by jeff66 from toledo,oh on March 11, 2008

got it at 66,000 have 77,000 on it, no problems, hear a lot of complaints about mpg's but if you wan't a tough suv this is it. like any vehicle, they need to be maintained.

Best truck I've ever had

by Durango Dan from Fort Campbell, KY on November 5, 2011

I've had this truck for 8 years and put 149k miles on it. Never had a question of "if it could." I've done a few modifications to it as far as tuning it up and this thing smokes almost anything I've run it against. I haul my family all over the country. BEST TRUCK EVER!

02 Durango-- Excellent!!!

by suvluv from North IA on February 22, 2012

Long story short-- 4 years ago I was needing to find a different SUV and looked at both an '03 Trailblazer and an '02 Durango. After test-driving both vehicles twice, I purchased my '02 Durango SLT+ which had about 104k on it. Currently, I have nearly 170k on it and could not be more pleased. Before buying this SUV, I owned a Blazer and an Explorer and this vehicle was all-around better-- better gas mileage (avg 20mpg with city and hwy travel), better "plush" interior, more powerful and just plain more reliable. The 4WD on this has been outstanding. I've commuted to and from work many times in snowstorms when I probably shouldn't have risked it and this vehicle has never let me down. Deep snow drifts, icy roads, you name it and it handled wonderfully and always got me home safe. And outside of regular maintenance, the only time I've had to service it was to replace a part that was referred to as the fuel pressure regulator. I was told that Dodge's are "notorious" for this... No matter what, it wasn't very expensive to replace so I'm not complaining. All in all, I would rave all day long about this SUV if I could. In fact, I'm currently planning on upgrading to something a bit newer with a few less miles on it (even though I'm sure this truck has plenty of life left in it!) and am undoubtedly going with a 2nd Durango. Needless to say, I am highly satisfied with the purchase I made 4 yrs ago!!

how many miles

by skidmark from Harrison on April 18, 2014

My 02 durango sxt has over 300,000 miles and still runs like its new i mean it wow.what a ride and to think i used to hate dodge

2002 dodge durango consumer review

by Eric from Miller on May 12, 2006

This is a great SUV and i suprisingly get more miles to the gallon than stated. great car for everything.. i love it!

170,000 miles and only replaced normal wear parts

by CompanyFirstSergeant from New York on June 26, 2016

2002 Durango purchased in 2005 with 50K on odometer. Has 170,000 miles on it now. I don't know if I would trust a car this old on a cross country trip, but to work and on the weekends,it is still going strong. Just got done putting all new brakes, wheel bearings and ball joints on the car (this is a heavy vehicle, mind you) and it rides like new. Engine still kicks butt - keep up with oil changes and you will be fine.

Great vehicle so far!

by Family Man from Bloomfield, KY on February 26, 2013

I bought a 2002 Dodge Durango about a month ago. So far, it has been great! Has plenty of power and I feel very good about putting my family into this SUV. It shifts very smoothly. It gets pretty decent gas mileage, about 20 miles to the gallon. The heated seats are a bonus. Has plenty of room for car seats and extra passengers. Very comfortable ride!

Still lovin' this suv

by Redbarron from Austin Tx. on June 14, 2014

I bought the vehicle 5 years ago used with 85,000 miles on it and now have 147,500 miles. Still looks and runs like new! The only item replaced was a radiator 2 years ago. Other than that just basic maintenance. Averages about 17.5 mpg in city driving and about 19.5 hwy. For a 12 year old V8 with lots of power not bad mileage. I have installed a different intake with a hi-flow air filter and a flowmaster muffler with dual tail pipes and use only full synthetic oil. She sounds tough and runs GREAT! I have timed it at 0 - 60 in 7 seconds flat. I have decided to keep it until it drops, which feels like it will be a LONG time from now!

Best SUV that I ever owned

by TD McDonald from on May 8, 2017

I have a 02 Durango and it is the best truck that I ever owned never had a problem with it except normal wear &tear I have? a 119000miles on it and it still runs New Everytime I drive it I love it if I were to buy another truck the Durango would be it.

1 2 3