Model Details

2002 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

Average based on 14 reviews

Love my truck!

by from Key Largo, Florida on December 5, 2008

I wanted a vehicle that was multi-purpose; to pull my boat, bring stuff home from the big box home repair stores, not be too big but was comfortable for my 5'10" height. I got it in this truck! And she is pretty to boot! My gas mileage is MUCH better than expected at 19 mgp city. Not too big, not too small-just right.

love it

by from toledo,oh on March 11, 2008

got it at 66,000 have 77,000 on it, no problems, hear a lot of complaints about mpg's but if you wan't a tough suv this is it. like any vehicle, they need to be maintained.

2002 dodge durango consumer review

by from Miller on May 12, 2006

This is a great SUV and i suprisingly get more miles to the gallon than stated. great car for everything.. i love it!

02 Durango-- Excellent!!!

by from North IA on February 22, 2012

Long story short-- 4 years ago I was needing to find a different SUV and looked at both an '03 Trailblazer and an '02 Durango. After test-driving both vehicles twice, I purchased my '02 Durango SLT+ which had about 104k on it. Currently, I have nearly 170k on it and could not be more pleased. Before buying this SUV, I owned a Blazer and an Explorer and this vehicle was all-around better-- better gas mileage (avg 20mpg with city and hwy travel), better "plush" interior, more powerful and just plain more reliable. The 4WD on this has been outstanding. I've commuted to and from work many times in snowstorms when I probably shouldn't have risked it and this vehicle has never let me down. Deep snow drifts, icy roads, you name it and it handled wonderfully and always got me home safe. And outside of regular maintenance, the only time I've had to service it was to replace a part that was referred to as the fuel pressure regulator. I was told that Dodge's are "notorious" for this... No matter what, it wasn't very expensive to replace so I'm not complaining. All in all, I would rave all day long about this SUV if I could. In fact, I'm currently planning on upgrading to something a bit newer with a few less miles on it (even though I'm sure this truck has plenty of life left in it!) and am undoubtedly going with a 2nd Durango. Needless to say, I am highly satisfied with the purchase I made 4 yrs ago!!

Best truck I've ever had

by from Fort Campbell, KY on November 6, 2011

I've had this truck for 8 years and put 149k miles on it. Never had a question of "if it could." I've done a few modifications to it as far as tuning it up and this thing smokes almost anything I've run it against. I haul my family all over the country. BEST TRUCK EVER!

Great vehicle so far!

by from Bloomfield, KY on February 26, 2013

I bought a 2002 Dodge Durango about a month ago. So far, it has been great! Has plenty of power and I feel very good about putting my family into this SUV. It shifts very smoothly. It gets pretty decent gas mileage, about 20 miles to the gallon. The heated seats are a bonus. Has plenty of room for car seats and extra passengers. Very comfortable ride!

how many miles

by from Harrison on April 18, 2014

My 02 durango sxt has over 300,000 miles and still runs like its new i mean it wow.what a ride and to think i used to hate dodge

Still lovin' this suv

by from Austin Tx. on June 14, 2014

I bought the vehicle 5 years ago used with 85,000 miles on it and now have 147,500 miles. Still looks and runs like new! The only item replaced was a radiator 2 years ago. Other than that just basic maintenance. Averages about 17.5 mpg in city driving and about 19.5 hwy. For a 12 year old V8 with lots of power not bad mileage. I have installed a different intake with a hi-flow air filter and a flowmaster muffler with dual tail pipes and use only full synthetic oil. She sounds tough and runs GREAT! I have timed it at 0 - 60 in 7 seconds flat. I have decided to keep it until it drops, which feels like it will be a LONG time from now!

Reliable SUV

by from Charlotte, NC on May 4, 2010

I have been very pleased with this vehicle. It has been reliable with minimal repairs for the normal wear and tear items. A full detailing has the vehicle looking as good as the day I purchased it. Plenty of room inside and I love the 3rd row seating, which has come in handy on more than one occasion.

2002 Dodge Durango

by from egypt on October 23, 2010

Hello, This vehicle is very good and i like it. Wanna to drive this car in my contry Egypt. I think this car is more safe Regards