2002 Dodge Durango

Good Car

by from Gladys, VA on July 2, 2017

This vehicle is a reliable car. Works well with family because of 3rd row seating. Sad to be selling in but need another car.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Reliable car

by from Raleigh, N.C. on June 23, 2017

I used to own a Durango for five years and I was satisfied while I had it. It was one of the vehicles I always wanted to own. It is comfortable and reliable. However, i was told that it tends to break down with some frequency and I started to experience some mechanical issues after three years of having it. Of course I gave her the maintenance needed but it ended up breaking down and I had to let it go. I still see some of them on the roads. Highly recommended for a large family. Although, not so confident on long trips.

Built like a tank

by from on May 20, 2017

Bought the vehicle smashed, previous owner ran into another SUV, all cosmetic damage , no structural or mechanical. Was fixed within a week, vey impressed with how well it held up.

Uses car for Off-roading

Best SUV that I ever owned

by from on May 8, 2017

I have a 02 Durango and it is the best truck that I ever owned never had a problem with it except normal wear &tear I have? a 119000miles on it and it still runs New Everytime I drive it I love it if I were to buy another truck the Durango would be it.

All around fantasticness

by from Pelican Rapids MN on April 11, 2017

My Durango has been as versatile and useful as I could want a vehicle to be. Its ability to switch between uses is fantastic. Towing a trailer, off roading, traveling long distances in comfort with decent efficiency, hauling up to seven people or just lots of stuff, and even performance driving, it can switch between any of these tasks and make you think it was designed specifically for any one of them.

Went downhill fast.

by from Coudersport,PA on March 19, 2017

I bought a used 02 Dodge Durango with 160,000 miles on it. Within 1 year and 18,000 miles the vehicle had several mechanical problems and the last straw was the diagnosis of needing a new transmission. Also there was very little rust on it when I bought it and within 12 months the whole bottom of the tailgate was rusted!! I've noticed this now on several other older Durango's in my area.

170,000 miles and only replaced normal wear parts

by from New York on June 26, 2016

2002 Durango purchased in 2005 with 50K on odometer. Has 170,000 miles on it now. I don't know if I would trust a car this old on a cross country trip, but to work and on the weekends,it is still going strong. Just got done putting all new brakes, wheel bearings and ball joints on the car (this is a heavy vehicle, mind you) and it rides like new. Engine still kicks butt - keep up with oil changes and you will be fine.

Still lovin' this suv

by from Austin Tx. on June 14, 2014

I bought the vehicle 5 years ago used with 85,000 miles on it and now have 147,500 miles. Still looks and runs like new! The only item replaced was a radiator 2 years ago. Other than that just basic maintenance. Averages about 17.5 mpg in city driving and about 19.5 hwy. For a 12 year old V8 with lots of power not bad mileage. I have installed a different intake with a hi-flow air filter and a flowmaster muffler with dual tail pipes and use only full synthetic oil. She sounds tough and runs GREAT! I have timed it at 0 - 60 in 7 seconds flat. I have decided to keep it until it drops, which feels like it will be a LONG time from now!

how many miles

by from Harrison on April 18, 2014

My 02 durango sxt has over 300,000 miles and still runs like its new i mean it wow.what a ride and to think i used to hate dodge

Great vehicle so far!

by from Bloomfield, KY on February 26, 2013

I bought a 2002 Dodge Durango about a month ago. So far, it has been great! Has plenty of power and I feel very good about putting my family into this SUV. It shifts very smoothly. It gets pretty decent gas mileage, about 20 miles to the gallon. The heated seats are a bonus. Has plenty of room for car seats and extra passengers. Very comfortable ride!