2004 Dodge Durango

Unexpected Gem

by from Williamsport, Pa on September 10, 2017

We call her old reliable. We bought the car used with 77000 miles in 2010. The goal was to buy a car to last a few years. She was so reliable, we kept her longer than planned. 7 years later and now with 190000 miles, she is still running our family around. The Hemi is super powerful and the 4WD is great in the winter. With that being said, the car was great for comfort when we were a smaller family, but now that we are a family of 7 it has become a bit crowded. Umbrella stroller fits nicely, but with both third row seats up, there is no room for the double stroller. However the third row seating has a good amount of leg room! The third row seating is not easily accessible with three car seats in the middle seating area though. This car definitely fit our purpose as a family of 5, but we are now looking at minivan options for our family of 7.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

One of my favorites

by from Toledo Ohio on August 21, 2017

I love this vehicle, I've had everything from a GMC, Jeep, Toyota, Chevy, etc and this is by far my favorite. The only drawback of the vehicle is the MPG in the city but it isn't horrendous. Very smooth driving vehicle that to this date hasn't had any major mechanical issues.

Always has problems with the engine.

by from Denver on July 25, 2017

Never buying a dodge again, always in the shop because of problems over heating and leaks and not good on gas what a joke. Looks like a bus drives like a truck and with a window down soinds like you are in a wind tunnel.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

pure luxury suv.

by from grand junction on July 3, 2017

We just brought our gem used and we are happy campers. Being in 50s and 60s we wanted ride in safe, comfortable and be able with no problems pulling our small camping trailer . Its has everything and then some. We have had GMC, eagle,chevy,nissian,ford,now it was moms turned decides what vehicle. she may used ,but owners took real good care of it. All recalls fixed dodge technician. Very happy..bring on Colorado winters . Drives like truck, but the interior make you think your in Cadillac . Powerful..

Uses car for Havingfun

To many rusty spots

by from Worcester, Massachusetts on June 18, 2017

I loved my dodge. It was a 7 passenger and still had room for luggage. My big complaint was the rust,rust,rust. Made with cheap metal. Also had a unfixable problem. It would stall in a at wash or rain. Then the ck engine light always came on for the gas cap. Turned out I had a leak in the gas tank and had to replace it....too bad. I did enjoy the car. Great memories. You can sleep in back. Smile

best suv I ever owned

by from berlin,pa on May 17, 2017

plenty of leg room can haul up to 8 people if you want. If you want to move stuff I could fit a queen bed in the back of it no problem and it snows where I am a lot but never had to put it in 4 wheel drive

Beautiful Blue

by from on April 27, 2017

We are happy with our new to us car. Clean, good shape. Beautiful blue color. It has all the extras we were looking for.

Engine problems

by from West Valley City, Utah on April 15, 2017

Several people have had engine troubles collapsed lifter putting hole in motor, it was a collapsed lifter then it sucked a valve thru motor.

THE BEST SUV OF 2004

by from Los angeles CA on February 25, 2016

It is the best SUV 2004 and has very good performance thanks to the engine 5.7 and has a beautiful exterior design.

04' DD

by from Central Oregon on January 27, 2015

This is one of the best I've driven. The 2004 Dodge Durango with 4.7 L and all wheel drive is hands down one of the best SUV's in the country. sure footed and handles like no other. bucket seats up front and two rows of seating in the back make this the perfect vehicle for all. I will always own one. Thanks Dodge. I use this for every purpose, off and on road, camping, hunting, traveling, family, work etc. #1.

Our Expert Review: 2004 Dodge Durango