2005 Durango

2005 Dodge Durango

2005 Dodge Durango

4.2

Have you driven the 2005 Dodge Durango?

Great car, safe car, highly recommended.

by Flamingomo from DE on October 11, 2008

I love this Durango! Although quite horrible on gas, the handling is great, its comfortable, (although I wish the second row seat was back a little further so I don't constantly get kicked in the back of my seat by my 4 year old), and it looks wonderful. I feel safe in it and that is most important when you have young children with you. The Hemi engine is quite powerful, which means it eats gas like mad, but other than that, it is probably the nicest car I have ever owned and the newest. I bought it with 50,000 miles on it 1 year ago and have had no problems with it. Took it on a 1800 mile road trip 2 months after getting it and it was great. The gas mileage on the highway was surprisingly good. Its all the stop and go that eats up the gas.

Value and Speed

by MyOtherCarIsAnM3 from Chicago/Iowa on August 23, 2011

This car is the bomb. I'm about to buy my third. My 2004 went to my ex, I wrecked the second, 2005, and am replacing it with a third 2005. Yes, I like them. The interior is plastic, but OK. You can spend double for an X5 BMW and get a nice interior. I commute three hundred miles, often in bad weather, and I've never enjoyed a commute more. The ride and handling are excellent for the size, but you need the hemi for frequent passing in a vehicle this big. This car accelerates almost as fast as my M3 from 30 to 70! Unlike the M3, however, it does not get stuck on a wet lawn. In fact, I went up a 45 degree hill in two feet of snow last winter, and the Durango stays nicely in line when other cars are sliding off the road in front of me. If you want gas mileage, buy a Prius. I'd rather be able to hit a deer at 70 and walk away, as I did. I'm six foot, and the seat is perfectly set to step in, without the running boards, though they are a nice touch for the kids. The back fits a 4x8 sheet of drywall and large furniture/windows, so this is a great multi-purpose vehicle. Since there is no premium for these, unlike other big SUV's, you can get a low mileage one for a song compared to new or other similar SUV's. I have not had any reliability problems, and it's a lot cheaper to maintain and fix than my other cars. Lastly, if you buy it for business, it fits the greater than 6,000 lb. sec 179 rules, so it can be expensed the first year. For me, there is no better vehicle, regardless of price.

2005 Durango Bad Rep but Great with a few mods.

by Boz Likes Durangos from Orlando, FL on August 15, 2015

I bought a 2005 Durango, on the top ten list of cars NOT to buy. Put on the new cowl to prevent hydrolock ($125) and enjoy. It has a bad rep, but I'm loving it.

Uses car for Towing

would buy another

by jthydro from Northeast , PA on September 23, 2012

great all around vehicle. Tows great. Holds 6 people easily. Very powerful and handles great. Reliable and cheap to own.

Great vehicle

by Mopar Nut from Warsaw,Mn on September 23, 2012

I love my Hemi Dodge Durango. I had a conversion van which was nice when the kids were home but now wanted to upgrade to a SUV. Had to have the Hemi power for towing. Used prices between the Hemi and small V-8 is very minimal so why not get the extra horsepower. Would not buy one without a Hemi. Mopar Nut

I hate to give it up!

by 4blessings from Virginia on February 7, 2011

I have owned my Durango SXT since 2008. I am in love with this vehicle. I have not had any problems other than routine maintenance. It is my first SUV. It handles great, smooth ride, very roomy. Handles great in the snow and rain. I just wish the interior wasn't so basic. I am giving mines up because of the driving distance that I have to do because of school, but when I am done in a couple of years I will be looking into a newer Durango.

Great Family SUV

by Durango Dude from Auburn, AL on July 5, 2008

Great roomy SUV for family of six.Rides like a dream but lacks low end torque. Great for long trips. Turns surprisingly sharp for such a large vehicle. Ride is very quiet and comfortable. Only complaint is that the V6 isn't properly geared to deliver much power or torque, but delivered an avg 20mpg wich isn't very bad for a large SUV.

Stylish, Safe and Comfortable

by Big T from Boston , MA on January 25, 2007

I've been driving the vehicle at work during the past two years. It's leased by the company I work for. We haven't had any mechanical problems. I feel very safe driving it, including on the highway. A bell sounds for long durations of time whenever I don't bother to put on the seat belt. It's comfortable and stylish. I'd like to own one of these myself but I wonder if I could afford to pay for the gas at 13 or 14 miles per gallon (city). I also don't know what types of mechanical problems one might encounter after 50,000 miles.

Reliable, solid, and fast

by AWD from Poconos, PA on December 29, 2012

Never had a problem with this sport utility. Very dependable. Confident in the snow. Tons of room inside. A real 3rd row seat and huge cargo area. Very quiet and smooth on the highway. Over 20 mpg on road trips.

owner

by busy mom of 4 from CA on May 14, 2006

I love my new stylish durango. I have 4 kids and I downsized from an excursion, we love it.I love the way the body looks,I wish I had a sun roof but otherwize the gas makes up for it and the price. I will wait to see how it holds up mechanically.I feel smart driving it, its so sporty outside and we compared it to all the smaller suv's in its size.Its practical without going to a minivan.

1 2 3 4 5