2008 Durango

2008 Dodge Durango

2008 Dodge Durango

4.3

Have you driven the 2008 Dodge Durango?

needed a vehicle to tow my boat

by Boat tow from Bloomington, IL on Thu Jul 15 2010

bought this 2008 new in 2009. I was looking for a vehicle that would tow 5000 pounds and had seating for 7. The chevy Traverse looked great but was way expensive. Same for the Ford Expedition. The Suburban third row seating was a joke. This vehicle is the limited model and was 10k less then its nearest competitor. Small V8 with AWD gets OK mileage only. But has never been short on power. Handles deep snow with no effort. I test drove the SLT model with fabric seats first. Interior construction was cheap. seats were small and hard. Moving up to the Limited gave a better finish and larger, comfortable leather seating. Back up camera is a godsend for towing. Standard suspension is too soft for heavy trailer (even with factory tow package) added gas shocks with relief springs to tame the towing ride. (for about $250) Third row seating is OK for 1 adult or two children. This is a compromise vehicle, however; it is able to do everything you need it to do and still have enough money left to buy the boat.

Great SUV for the money

by Southern Yankee from Gainesville, GA on Wed Jan 02 2008

The Durango rides nice with plenty of room on the inside. Third row seat is truly functional. Power is ample with the 5.7L, although I expected better mpg with the cylinder de-activation. Fit and finish seem improved with plenty of standard features in my SLT version. Looked at the competition, which has a worse warranty and is much more expensive when equipped with the same features.

5 Durangos

by Mike from Fayetteville, GA on Fri Jan 09 2009

I have had 5 Durangos and never a problem out of none of them. My wife and I both love driving it and the power of the HEMI is awesome. It's a great car to travel in. The kids love the DVD. They still need to make the interior nicer, but it works.

2nd time owner of Durango & I love this car!

by Beachmom from Clinton, IL on Wed Jan 25 2012

I purchased my second Durango just last week. I love this type of vehicle...very roomy and sturdy. I feel completely safe in it especially while driving in bad weather like snow or ice. I think it's like driving a tank! The particular vehicle I purchased had a few cosmetic flaws which were fixable. I would definitely buy this type of vehicle again!

Never had a problem

by CDUnk from Spring Creek PA on Sat Jun 18 2011

Our Durango is the most reliable we have ever owned, we've never had a problem with it and I would recommend it to anyone.

Strong, Bold and stylish

by Timmer from Duluth Mn on Sat Apr 26 2008

I Love the look of and my Durango!! It has a strong look and wide stance that makes it look masculine but a touch of style with it contours. The interior has everything I need and want in a vehicle and more with the all that comes standard on the SLT model and the yes essentials stain resistant fabric. I am in the surveying field so I am outdoors a lot and have equiptment going in and out of my vehicle all the time. Traveling the country in my line of work, I put on a lot of miles so the little extra I get on gas mileage is also very important to me. All around price, value, style, safety wise I would strongly advise all my friends drive a Durango

Just keeps going

by Fascist from Cedar City, UT on Wed Jan 09 2008

This Durango is the best vehicle I have ever owned! I can fill it to the brim with all that cargo space, and then go to my destination at a million miles and hour! I was in a wreck with mine. side swiped a car pulling out in front of me. I was going fifty. To drive it now, you can't even tell. If you are thinking of buying one, get the 5.7 liter V8. The noise of the engine at high acceleration is beautiful!!!!!

perfect size

by Michael from Pennsylvania, South East on Fri Jul 26 2013

The Durango is just the right size for my needs. Some mountain (dirt access roads) mostly paved roads. When going to the mountains there is a lot of STUFF that comes along so the interior space is great. Looks are great and hopefully it will have the durability that I got out of my 1999 Durango. The big down side to all trucks and SUV today is they are made for a cushy ride for the average soccer mom. Sometimes you just want a sport vehicle with a little roughness.

Excellent vehicle

by durangoowner from Lakeville, MN on Sun Apr 22 2018

Great family vehicle that easily converts for hauling. It's a great driving SUV with low miles and has been driven carefully since 2008. Great Durango.

Lots of room, but guzzled the gas

by AricaHD from Cleveland, TN on Mon Sep 04 2017

This SUV was fun to drive. It made me feel safe. There was plenty of leg room in the front and second row as ample for even long roadtrips. The third row, however was very cramped and the seat was very narrow. The floor in the third was angled down, and coupled with the narrow seat, caused any rider's legs to go numb. It was definitely a third row not suited for kids. With 100,000 miles on it, we had one major repair of a cracked head.

1 2

Our Take on the 2008 Dodge Durango

I have no bias against big, truck-based SUVs. In fact, I grew up with one: It was a Scout, produced by a company called International Harvester. It was far from comfy, but totally fun and a major challenge to drive. My mother-in-law had one, and she often said you just had to "herd it down the road." I mention all this because I want you to know where I'm coming from when I tell you that the Dodge Durango is a modern-day Scout. If you're considering one, you should know that the Durango surpasses truck-like and verges into boxcar territory.

The Durango doesn't like corners, and it really doesn't like it when I go off my driveway's curb at a bit of an angle. Head-bonks against the window were reported by... Read More