2011 Durango

2011 Dodge Durango

2011 Dodge Durango

Have You Driven the 2011 Dodge Durango?

Never Happier with a Vehicle!

by Durango Dan from Batavia, NY on Tue Jan 25 2011

I was looking to replace my beloved Jeep Wrangler Unlimited after the recent birth of my twin sons. My wife pressured me to consider a minivan but as we drove into our Chrysler-Jeep dealership to test drive a new Chrysler Town & Country minivan we both did a double take watching a new Durango being backed off a car carrier of new Dodge Durango's and Jeep Grand Cherokee's. I was amazed that the '11 Durango was out already, expecting to see it unveiled in late spring. Well, after bargaining for just a brief 35 minutes and getting an awesome deal/trade in, we became the owner of a very safe, roomy, nice riding and great handling AWD SUV for our young family. Every aspect of the 2011 Durango is pristine. Fit, finish and interior material are class leaders. We selected the v8 (a Hemi!) mainly because we fell in love with the unique and rugged green model that we witnessed being dropped off. It was fate and we were thrilled with the many features on this stunner, plus the other models were pre-ordered by customers or newly sold. The color we first admired was very close to that of my favorite Jeep of all time, the Unlimited I reluctantly traded. I now see how better suited the Durango is for a growing family without experiencing any young daddy minivan sigma. Lol, yet anything for the boys and my wonderful spouse. An added bonus to Durango owners is free routine service and so much more.

So Far Fantastic!

by New Dodge Fan from long island, ny on Fri Apr 15 2011

I just bumped up to the new Dodge Durango 2011 from a Dodge Journey 2010...and so far I'm so happy I did! There is no comparison in almost every category. Although I was relatively happy with the Journey, we felt that with 3 kids already and 1 on the way it might be tight. I actually bought the Durango without test driving it, based on all of the reviews I read and the ride in the Journey. I am not disappointed one bit, and in fact the minute I drove out of the lot in the Durango, I turned to my wife and said "Now this is a sweet ride!" The Durango has many redeeming qualities: it's smooth riding, it is powerful enough (I got the Pentastar V-6), it is solid feeling on the road with no noticeable sway while cornering, and for a vehicle that size I felt very comfortable braking as needed and with total control. I also have a BMW 530xi, and I must say that I actually am having a tough time deciding which vehicle to drive! The interior is very comfortable and refined for the money. The power seats have a tremendous range of adjustment. I also like the steering wheel controls and feel. The roominess is terrific so far, although #4 is on the way so we will see once we have to hit the beach... But the ease of entry to the back, and the room back there was worth the bump up from the Journey. And by the way, the gas mileage so far is almost identical to the Journey. The other part that is awesome is the UConnect system! It's so user friendly and complete. The only problem is that the kids are driving me crazy telling me to push the voice recognition button so they can tell it what station to put on! And it understands commands very easily...ahhh technology. Anyway, so far it is fantastic all across the board. I hope that it holds up the way it has started off, although we got the extended warranty so I'm not really worried. If you are thinking about the Durango, I wouldn't hesitate at all.

Almost Perfect

by Glow Worm from Southern Ohio on Sun Feb 20 2011

I started following the new Durango from the very beginning. I read every article and story about it and determined it was going to be my next vehicle before it was ever built. So far my expectations have been met. The Hemi engine performs flawlessly and actually provides better than advertised fuel mileage. The interior is awesome, and the instrument features are very user friendly. The towing capabilities are next to none, and there's plenty of room for the grandchildren. If not for the problems that plagued Dodge in the past, the Durango would have definitely been voted Truck of the Year. I love it!

My experience with my Dodge:( So many issues!!

by Brittany D, owner 2011 Dodge Durango from Tracy, Ca on Wed Jan 29 2014

I purchased a 2011 Dodge Durango in May 2011. I've kept up with all the regular maintenance & oil changes. At 41,000 miles my rear axle began leaking, my alternator went out & my serpentine belt had to be replaced. Of course, since I was 1k miles over the warranty I had to pay $1,100 to have the alternator & belt replaced. Thank goodness the rear axle was covered by the power train warranty of 100k miles. These problems occurred in September of 2013. My car was repaired at Stockton Dodge in October 2013. On January 28 2014 my alternator goes out AGAIN! Yet Dodge doesn't feel this part needs to be recalled. I've had to obsorb the cost of towing & rental car while they have had my vehicle both times. While I love the look of the exterior & interior of my vehicle, it drives smooth, I have the entertainment package so the rear back up camera & sound system have been wonderful. With that said, so have so many mechanical issues on a 2011 vehicle with only 41,000 miles seems obsurd. I would not purchase another Dodge, nor would I recommend them to any other family.

Does not recommend this car!!

2011 Durango V8 Crew

by JT from Bay City, TX on Wed Mar 30 2011

I recently traded my 2009 jeep wrangler unlimited for a 2011 durango after finding out my wife was pregnant with twins. I stepped up to the Crew to get the power everything and the V8. After reading other reviews, I did not consider V6 (alot said it was under powered). The V8, that we had a hard time finding, is great, the power is unbeleivable,runs fantastic, gas milage is great, ride is car-like. The sterio sounds great. The only thing I have to complain about is that there is no option for 2nd row captain chairs, so entry to the 3rd row is a bit of a pain with 2 carseats in the 2nd row. Other than that, it is a great all around vehicle that still has many conveinient features that we are still stumbing onto after a month of owning.

A Real Off Roader that is Also Refined!

by Off Roader from Spencer, NY on Thu Mar 03 2011

What a great find! I ordered a '11 Ford Explorer, but disliked i upon arrival beacuse of my need for power, real AWD (not a FWD based with AWD traction), the power of a V8 & a brutish, yet sophisticated "truck" that hauls while having a sporty & luxurious ride, with superior handling, towing ability and highway cruising demenor. The 2011 does everything well. The Ford was not bad. Do not get me wrong. It would be a nice alternative to a Ford Flex or the related Edge... not what I need or want being that we live in a very remote region. I have no complaints whatsoever. Everything is as tight as a drum. There is a great deal of room for seven, plus storage. The 5.7 liter HEMI is not only powerful, gas mileage is fantastic for being such a large SUV with the all powerful HEMI. We figured the Durango to be getting about 28.5 miles per gallon. That is better than advertised. For an extra kick, check out the still hard to find sporty R/T model of the all new Durango. It is sharp!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Where have you been, 2011 Durango!

by HappyDurangoOwner from Little Rock, AK on Sat Mar 19 2011

This is the 1st SUV that I love so much I have logged on a PC to spread the word. I am not a regular computer user so this is special. After riding in my br.-in-law's '11 Durango while visiting in-laws in Seattle on vacation, I started to conduct my very own research and he was 100% correct: It does everything well. Very well, in fact! The family (wife and three children) loves: the styling, compliant smooth ride, heated everything (it seems), navi, fantastic entertainment package, frornt/rear DVD, bluetooth, room, lack of blind spots and only the finest grade leather and other materials. In addition to my wide and children's favorite attributes, I am thrilled with the new ever powerful Pentastar V6 (my br-in-law in Washington State swears by his HEMI V8) and exceptional gas mileage. I am pleased with the many hand's free devices that allow the driver to focus on the road. This SUV's the 1st I have experienced with three rows of super comfortable seats for even 6 footers. Look into a 2011 Durango. Glad I did!

2011 Dodge Durango Crew Lux

by Kingsingh from Newaygo, MI on Tue Apr 12 2011

We traded in our 2008 Buick Enclave cxl in for a durango crew lux with the hemi, and it was worth it. we only have 100 miles on it and so far we love it, acceleration is awesome and interior is beautiful and exterior is handsome. we have had thousands of compliments already, i recomend this vehicle to anyone who was a nice day to day vehicle which is fun to drive

Looks can be deceiving

by Wish I brought a Chevy from Chicago,Il on Wed Aug 31 2016

I brought my 2011 Dodge Durango in 2014. So I've had it just under two years now. Nothing but problems. First it was recalls then the water pump went out. Then it was the thermostat . Then I got a new battery. Now the alternator is bad. It burned up the brand new battery I brought. It only and 40,000 thousands miles on it when I brought it. Now it's back in the shop for a new computer. I'll never buy another dodge

Does not recommend this car!!

Wow, Nicest thing i've ever ridden in!

by andy from Atl. GA on Mon Jun 20 2011

I am the proud new owner of the new Dodge Durango citadel rwd. I am only 28 but needed something to haul the family around but also my youth needs to still be intact. There is nothing bad to say about this vehicle so far, 6,000 miles in so I don't know about the reliability but I am definitely enjoying every mile in it til then. If you are looking to spend 40k on an suv then this should definitely be on the list for test drives.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2011 Dodge Durango

Numbers are inevitable when talking about cars. Whether it's dimensions, horsepower, wheel size or seat count, each category has a number attached to it — and it's often used to trump a competitor.

There's a number Dodge (and other makers of big crossovers) would probably like to brush under the rug: 75, as in $75 to fill the tank of the redesigned 2011 Durango I tested. The price for a gallon of regular gas in the Chicago suburbs was $3.65, and my total would have been a little higher had I not reached the pump's limit for credit-card transactions.

The Durango is a remarkably well-mannered, high-quality seven-seat crossover suitable for a family road trip, but its fuel economy — typical... Read More