2013 Durango

2013 Dodge Durango

2013 Dodge Durango

Have You Driven the 2013 Dodge Durango?

Dodge Durango 2012

by graciesdream from Seneca, Ks on Fri May 17 2013

Traded in a Yukon XL for this vehicle, brand new. Love it. Only issue is I'm leary about it hydroplaning on wet roads or slushy roads. I didn't notice that with my Yukon, but the Yukon was a lot heavier vehicle. Interior of ours has chrome trim, which makes it blinding when the sun hits it just right. I usually keep a small towel in inside during summer months to cover this and stop the problem. Overall, a great vehicle. Seats 7, plenty of storage room and tons of leg room in the 2nd row seats. Great gas mileage. We purchased this through Nemaha Valley Motors in Seneca, KS and they go above and beyond to get you the vehicle in the color and options you want!

Dodge is back

by JUST A GUY from on Sat May 14 2016

Bought a used 2013 Dodge Durango crew, and fell in love after 100 miles. the ride is near perfect, the v6 has plenty of power, and I'm big enough so people don't cut me off when driving on the highway. And my wife loves the back seat.

Durango

by beast from Whittier, CA on Sun Jun 16 2013

Our two first reguirements were that it had to have 3 rows of seats, cloth seats and backup camera. After looking at all the different make and models we liked the Dodge Durango the best. Two items that we didn't get that now we should have but weren't in our package was the blind spot camera and the second was power seats.

BEST DURANGO YET

by practical family man from bay area, California on Sat May 04 2013

Our 3rd durango. 04,09, now 2012. THIS IS THE BEST ONE YET. Its just the right size for our family of 5. we need the AWD for our snow trips (we just wave at the chain check folks). the v6 has plenty of power, 22mpg. The CREW is a good balance between features and cost. (didnt need the front radar and chrome mirrors). We really like the Italian inspired interior. it turns out Daimler mercedes engineered the running gear (nice job). (I think its the "G" series), then Fiat designed the interior. We got the 2nd row bucket seats so its a 6 seater (recommend). The only reason for the Hemi would be to tow something larger than a jet-ski, the new vvt V6 does a good job and gets way better mileage. Hold out for the 2014 with 8-speed transmission. it will get at least 3mpg better.

Excellent SUV!

by Dodge-ist from Central Florida on Tue Sep 02 2014

2012 3.6L V6 5-speed trans. SXT, 18,000 miles so far. 27 mpg @ 70 mph on the freeway, a/c ON., with cruise control on. Plenty of torque which kicks in around 50 mph. The tranny falls over it's feet at low revs - unless you use a lead right foot which isn't always possible. Chrysler Corp. slapdash on the one recall so far, an inspection found no problems but the fix is not complete until a water shield for the part is installed. No sign of it yet; the recall was announced May 2014. It's a pretty high vehicle to climb into and the front seats are well within the body frame so you have to allow for that extra distance when entering & exiting. But it is actually fun to drive - for an SUV - sticks to the road cornering and rides very nicely.

Duango - much improved over prior versions

by Robert from Illinois on Wed Nov 26 2014

This is our Second Durango, much nicer than the 2003 we had in the past. Nice ride, decent gas mileage and extra storage for camping and shopping. Owned for 18 months and have not had any issues for service - only normal oil changes to date.

Great vehicle not so great gas mileage

by Boat hauler from on Fri Jun 21 2013

Love my Durango overall but wish it got better gas mileage. But I guess that is the price you pay for a v8 engine and interior space.

Love my new spaceship

by Maj. Gee from Panama City Beach, FL on Sun Sep 22 2013

My last vehicle was a 2002, so i'am still trying to figure out all the options-thus the "spaceship". Luv it so far... Miss my V8 and that punch, but the gas mileage should make it worth my while. It's gracious in space without driving a mongrel parking intimidator. I love that it feels small but gives my my big space needs! The gadgets are cool, the interior could be more attractive. My Jeep seemed much more luxurious aside from the gadgets and technology in the spaceship. It's performed well so far, we will see how it tows here shortly.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

easiest car to drive and holds together

by donj32 from Greensboro, NC on Tue May 16 2017

This car gets me to my school and to my sports with good gas mileage. lasted the many miles we have put on it (80,000 +)

Most Loved Vehicle I Owned

by AngelEvans from Picayune, MS on Wed Jun 14 2017

Had the Citadel fully loaded to the max with the HEMI. Bad to the bone! Very nice looking and powerful car! Loved it, and miss it!

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2013 Dodge Durango

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2012 about the 2012 Dodge Durango. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2013, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The 2012 Dodge Durango SUV remains a solid choice for families that need three rows of seats and good towing power, but the V-8 engine isn't as stout as its specs suggest, and the R/T's sport suspension compromises ride comfort.

We reviewed the redesigned 2011 Dodge Durango last year, and the seven-seat SUV impressed us with its poised ride, refined interior and good V-6 power. In revisiting this full-size SUV for the 2012 model year, a familiar axiom surfaced: Bigger... Read More