2010 Grand Caravan

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan?

Good investment

by family value from New York, NY on Mon Feb 01 2010

the van meets my family requirments and a good value. Its spacious with plenty of leg room for adults.

2010 Dodge Caravan SXT - Good Buy!

by Mike1624 from Rhode Island on Sat Oct 19 2013

After buying this vehicle recently I've discovered it is virtually identical to the 2009 Grand Caravan SXT that I drove before a recent accident. That accident involved my hitting a wall, telephone pole and a rollover. I totaled my 2009 completely but I only ended up with lacerations to my left arm. I was so happy with the safety of that vehicle that I decided to get the 2010 to replace it, and it did not disappoint. Let me say, I recommend that you get the SXT model, as the SE is not as good. The larger 3.8, or 4.0 engines are far better than the 3.6. Also, I recommend the 6 speed auto Transmission option if you get one. The MPG is almost as good as on the smaller engines but performance is superior. My old 2009 was loaded with options and this newer 2010 has even more. I bought my 2009 new and put about 68,000 miles on it, this new one still has less than 21,000. Both the 2009 and 2010 ran smooth and quiet and a pleasure to drive on both daily routes and long trips. Practically speaking, these were both excellent vehicles for the price. No complaints, NONE.

Nice Van

by Josephtrex from Erie, PA on Mon Apr 23 2012

It's a nice van so far. I've only had it for a month, but it is doing it's job nicely. It has more pickup than I would have expected, and the stow and go seating is great!!

Last Minute Purchase!

by Thomas from on Tue May 30 2017

After having two kids within 21 months, we realized we needed a new car. My wife insisted on something that seated 5 until we quickly got the news that she was pregnant with twins... Being that we are 26 and have my income only coming in... We had to chose something cheap and quick. After doing some research, we found that the 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan was going to be the answer. For a little over a month now, my wife has been driving a silver 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT with 64k miles on it. She claims it to be a pretty swanky minivan. Now, I have driven this vehicle on many occasions. It is very quiet, and keeps the revs as low as possible. The V6 is something that I don't think I could live without in such a large vehicle. My favorite feature would have to be the Tri-Zone Climate control. With four kids in the car, it is almost a must. The stow and go seating has been used on many occasions, one of which being the move to our new home. Although the Grand Caravan isn't offered in FWD, our friends told us that all we have to do is get a good set of winter tires and we will be set. Gas mileage is definitely not the most impressive. But considering that there is a 3.8L V6 under the hood, 20mpg isn't too too bad. Overall, I think that you are getting a great bang for your buck here. We spent just $10,500 on the vehicle. One owner, non smoker, low mileage, versatile vehicle.

Very reliable, very functional for the family

by MHansen from Ogden, Utah on Sat Jul 08 2017

This vehicle has been great for family trips, activities, camping and just getting around town. We have loved it since we have so many young kids this vehicle was super nice because of the stow and go seating and how spacious it is.

Fits our needs to a T

by SoLaJefa from Austin, TX on Wed May 03 2017

I love the driveability of this vehicle. Great visibility. Drives quiet. Carries everything you need in a busy life.

Great Minivan

by Biggfela from Palm Bay Fl on Sat May 13 2017

Best minivan I've ever had. I used to drive a quest. Dodge outdid themselves with this minivan. The gas mileage at 20 mpg is more than I could ever ask for. The car is over 100k miles, but still drives almost as good as new. There is a slight hesitation, but that is to be expected in a 7 year old minivan. Love the seats and the fact that the third row comes down. Plenty of leg room! The only negative is the box look.

Car has been good to me.

by Caragang5 from Maspeth on Wed Jun 07 2017

Its good overall but I would buy the high end town and country next time spend more to get more. I hate where the spare tire is.

Always buy a dodge caravan.

by gigharborgirl2 from West Virginia on Fri Jun 09 2017

I know that consumer report does not have much nice to say about them. I have had better luck with the dodge caravan series than any other car I have ever owned. I have had a few. I think they are the bomb.

150,000 miles and still running strong

by JillibeanTS from Rochester, NY on Thu Dec 28 2017

I have a 2010 Grand Caravan SXT that has 151,000 miles when I wrote this review. My van has the 3.8 EGH engine (nicknamed Chrysler's workhorse) and the engine has plenty if towing power, but it is a little sluggish on horsepower. I would recommend it if you want to ride comfortably and if you want to tow anything up to 3,600 lbs, just use the auto stick feature to limit the transmission to 4th gear when you are on hills. I am aiming for 300,000 miles before I trade it in. Most people would not like the third row seats or the hard-touch interior, but I like the hard-touch materials, because it doesn't get damaged as easily when carrying cargo. The interior even has some lighting features that is not found in even most luxury vehicles and I personally love those lighting features. If you live in the Northeast, this van will be great, since they do not rust easily. Also, make sure you get at least the SXT.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan

A surprising thing happened after Ford and GM left the minivan market: People kept buying vans. The uber-utility vehicle for families remains the minivan, and the Dodge Grand Caravan and related Chrysler Town & Country are among the best-sellers on the market.

But what makes them so attractive to buyers? Can't be the looks; they're as ordinary as can be. Is it the performance?

Are you kidding?

No, it's all about the space.

Utility
The best thing about living with a minivan is the amount of room you get. Not only are the seats comfortable, but the cargo area swallowed a full-size Phil & Teds stroller and still had room for another — with all three rows in place.

While sliding doors are a given... Read More