2013 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews

4.1
Average based on 36 reviews

So far, so good!

by from Cleveland on August 8, 2013

After doing plenty of research about what our next car would be I decided that the next car for us would be the Toyota Sienna. So how did I end up with a Grand Caravan? Let me explain... I researched online and read many online reviews of all minivans currently available. On paper is looked like the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna were the leaders in the segment. So, I went out to get one of them. I spoke to several dealers and soon realized that they do not budge on price at Honda. So I went to Toyota and quickly realized that I did not like the Sienna at all. The one in my price range was a base model and it felt that way. The ride was harsh, the plasics were hard and it just screamed base model in and out. So I went a few doors down to the Dodge dealer. The Grand Caravan has always seemed like it was THE MINIVAN of all minivans but being that I have never owned an American car I had an immediate bias and at first did not want to consider it. I even considered the re-introduced Kia Sedona as the Grand Caravan/Town and Country duo were not an option. Then I did a bit of research and saw what incentives they were offering and so I went and found the color I liked and drove one. I was so surprised at how much I liked this van. It had nice power, a very comfortable interior and a quiet smooth ride. It was an SXT trim level so it had a lot of bells and whistles like the power doors and satellite radio, nice wheels, power seat and adjustable pedals. Another thing that every minivan should copy, is the stow and go seating. After driving it I felt bad for not considering it earlier. No it is not perfect but it is really nice to drive and be in. It is not as futuristic as the Honda and Toyota but you get a lot more for your money and that extra money can be used for doing what these cars are designed for, traveling. If you are looking for a vehicle of this type, give one a try and you may walk away with a good deal and a comfy car.

2013 Dodge Grand Caravan

by from Mentor, Ohio on July 8, 2013

This is our third Dodge Grand Caravan. We needed a big, solid vehicle that can seat 7 (we have 5, plus grandma and grandpa now and then) and in a decent price range. Sienna, Odyssey, Pilot, even Mazdas were out of our price range. With good credit, low interest rate and longer term, we can probably swing this. It's still the big heavy mini van as expected. Mileage not super, but what do you expect. The new design is an improvement over the old. Looks more like an SUV now than a minivan. More stylish. We got it for practical reasons and the price. We felt our 2005 was fairly reliable and mostly low maintenance. We hoping for more of the same with this one.

Best use and value for the money.

by from Canada on April 20, 2013

2013 Grand Caravan Crew with a 220ci DOHC V6 Engine producing 283HP. Talk about a family hauler with some power! Great fuel efficiency. Visibility is excellent for being a larger vehicle. Very easy to commute to the city and travel with a large family in this vehicle. Truly is worth the money. Exterior and Interior styling looks and feels great. It doesn't have that "Soccer Mom Van" feel or look to it. Always reliable and fun to drive. I could spend hours in a Caravan.

Buyer Beware

by from Bethlehem PA on June 23, 2013

I brought my 2013 Dodge Caravan in November 2012. About a week later the transmission made a loud thumping noise violently shaking the van when I shifted into drive. The Chrysler Origanization said this was a 'operational design characteristic' and refuses to fix the problem.

Dodge 2013 Grand Caravan

by from Broomall, PA on September 9, 2013

I knew what I needed so I got what I wanted and needed. There is nothing more that I can say. Need I say more?

first car I've bought on my own

by from Cambridge(Delmarva) Md on January 13, 2013

so far, I am 100 per cent pleased. really like the fature of mpg, cruise and speed digital in one space. a nice surprise I didn't expect.

Beautiful

by from Parma,OH on February 9, 2013

My new van color is called True Blue Pearl. It has a wonderful sparkle to it. I love all the features: remote doors and gate, stow and go seats, passenger windows that open, temperature, etc. etc. etc. !!!!!

most for the room

by from wahiawa, hi on November 23, 2013

I have owned an suv, but since having kids I just can find any other style car like a van to compare the room. 3 row seating and still be able to put things in the back end like coolers, chair and groceries. also I love the fold and stow seats and turns into the sixe of a truck for cargo. love love love

Best ever van I've owned.

by from Moncton nb on August 14, 2013

Just bought this van a week ago and sorry I didn't buy it sooner.Have tried most all others and wasn't completely satisfied . This van has power to spare and feels sturdy when driving it. The navigation system is a great addition and very appropriate on the parking lots.

Nice Dodge

by from PA on August 21, 2013

We bought the basic model. And we are happy with it even without all the bells and whistles. It is serving us well so far. We have already put on 3000 miles in just three weeks. Avery serviceable car.