2013 Grand Caravan

2013 Dodge Grand Caravan

2013 Dodge Grand Caravan

4.2

Have You Driven the 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan?

Best ever van I've owned.

by wdcanada from Moncton nb on Wed Aug 14 2013

Just bought this van a week ago and sorry I didn't buy it sooner.Have tried most all others and wasn't completely satisfied . This van has power to spare and feels sturdy when driving it. The navigation system is a great addition and very appropriate on the parking lots.

Great Van for the Price!

by Mom from Puyallup on Thu Mar 27 2014

We bought a slightly used ( less than 4K) 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan. We laugh that with Stow-Go, we actually have a covered pick up. We've transported children, sports gear and sheetrock. Love the interior and power gate & doors. Yes, it's a minivan, but it's a great minivan.

A few issues, but.....

by HTB33 from Columbus, Ohio on Mon Mar 13 2017

There was a terrible ticking that surfaced at 77k. They fixed it for free under the powertrain warranty. replaced all the rockers. The ticking is gone. Otherwise it has been a solid performer. Even with hauling a 320 pound wheelchair in the back along with the 325 pound lift. I do with it was a hybrid so I could get better mileage.

first car I've bought on my own

by van user from Cambridge(Delmarva) Md on Sun Jan 13 2013

so far, I am 100 per cent pleased. really like the fature of mpg, cruise and speed digital in one space. a nice surprise I didn't expect.

Fantastic ride

by shelseekr from Nipomo, ca on Tue Jan 28 2014

Enjoying the scenery while driving thanks to the big windows! Interior space is well done and no bumping into elbows of passengers and good head room for a tall driver 6'... The cloth seats are well made to support my lower back. I no longer need the back support made for me to drive in my old car. Smooth handling in the steering. I get 19 mpg in the city and 23mpg with air con. Running on freeway. Must use 87octane gas. 5000 miles till next oil change. Plus I'm saving 40$ a year on insurance! Go figure. I love this car...the ease of the fold-down seats is incredible and we love the "well" with the grocery bag hooks to keep stuff from sliding around. Plenty of cup holders and hidden compartments for stowing things make it a warehouse on wheels.

Glad I bought it.

by Jonb2501 from Saint John New Brunswick, Canada on Tue Feb 10 2015

Up till 2014 I've owned mostly small sedans. I needed a larger vehicle and when I saw the sale which basically amounted to 30% off, I jumped. I had to stick to a specific price point to I took the Canadian Value Package, the entry level van. Not too many bells and whistles, A/C, heated power mirrors, automatic day/night mirror, sirius satellite radio. I opted for the extended warranty and the electronic rust proofing. I have loved this vehicle. 4 x 8 sheets of plywood, roofing tiles, or 7 people and lots of stuff, this van does it all and does it comfortably. Front seats are very comfortable, even the 2nd row bench (in this trim level) is comfortable, the 3rd row is nice, you're kind of cocooned with cup holders and nooks and crannies for stuff. The 3.6 L six is rated one of the world's best engines. Lots of power, no hesitation even with 7 people and the cargo space behind the 3rd row seats full of gear. I'm not a big fan of the 6 speed transmission, although it works better after the local Dodge dealer did a firmware upgrade. Winter time up here means lots of cold and snow, and this van has a great heater, and with a good set of winter tires and the included traction control, it's actually pretty good in the snow. The Eco mode for the transmission is a wasted effort, the transmission shifts to the higher gears quickly and is noticeably reluctant to downshift, so I'm not a fan. A fuel efficiency gauge or light would've been better. Fuel economy is normal for vehicle of this size, almost 17 ft long and 6050 lbs. To sum up, more comfortable than the competition, big, powerful, roomy, versatile, I'll go for the back up cameral the next time, otherwise, it's an great all purpose vehicle.

Perfect minivan

by Butch from Lake Bridge LA on Thu Sep 12 2013

Dodge is a great product when introducing several new cars as we just bought a Charger as a family car. The minivan has more styling than Honda and Toyota minivans with more stuff as tables like sitting in a kitchen or RV, backup camera, interior materials are well perfectly too. This is the quietness minivan ever driven and has lots of acceleration with 33 mpg freeway/highway driving. I love the navigation system and touch screen system with loaded everything inside the audio display system. It handles smooth and second third row seats are best folding into floor panel for extra cargo room when needed more room i just love our minivan we owned several Dodges in the past and still buying them now can't go wrong with a Dodge automobile these cars are reliable.

most for the room

by mini van family from wahiawa, hi on Sat Nov 23 2013

I have owned an suv, but since having kids I just can find any other style car like a van to compare the room. 3 row seating and still be able to put things in the back end like coolers, chair and groceries. also I love the fold and stow seats and turns into the sixe of a truck for cargo. love love love

Dodge Grand Caravan Bought at Majorworld

by Ignacio C from Queens, New York on Fri Jan 23 2015

Bought my Dodge Grand Caravan from Major world. Excellent van, reliable and lots of nice features. The stow and go seats are awesome.

Excellent vehicle

by Stinkyboy from long Island on Sun Jul 21 2013

After extensive research and test drives of many cars, vans and trucks. I found the Dodge Grand Caravan to be the best bang for the buck. Comfortable, roomy and powerful. 4x8 sheets of plywood or 7 passengers, Great.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2012 about the 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2013, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

In the to-minivan-or-not-to-minivan debate, parents are about as polarized as most of us are in the age-old dog vs. cat showdown: You're either a minivan person or you're not.

The limitless functionality of the 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan, however, is just about enough to convert even the most vocal anti-minivan protestors among us, including my husband.

Our week with the Grand Caravan started with him joking and jesting relentlessly about how hot I looked driving... Read More