2013 Grand Caravan

2013 Dodge Grand Caravan

2013 Dodge Grand Caravan

4.2

Have You Driven the 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan?

Best ever van I've owned.

by wdcanada from Moncton nb on Wed Aug 14 2013

Just bought this van a week ago and sorry I didn't buy it sooner.Have tried most all others and wasn't completely satisfied . This van has power to spare and feels sturdy when driving it. The navigation system is a great addition and very appropriate on the parking lots.

A few issues, but.....

by HTB33 from Columbus, Ohio on Mon Mar 13 2017

There was a terrible ticking that surfaced at 77k. They fixed it for free under the powertrain warranty. replaced all the rockers. The ticking is gone. Otherwise it has been a solid performer. Even with hauling a 320 pound wheelchair in the back along with the 325 pound lift. I do with it was a hybrid so I could get better mileage.

first car I've bought on my own

by van user from Cambridge(Delmarva) Md on Sun Jan 13 2013

so far, I am 100 per cent pleased. really like the fature of mpg, cruise and speed digital in one space. a nice surprise I didn't expect.

Ford escort 1998

by Jackmeoff from Winnipeg on Sat Feb 01 2020

Screw all the negative reviews this van is better than any other vans the 3.6 pentastar is bulletproof engine every one should own one good value for the money

Glad I bought it.

by Jonb2501 from Saint John New Brunswick, Canada on Tue Feb 10 2015

Up till 2014 I've owned mostly small sedans. I needed a larger vehicle and when I saw the sale which basically amounted to 30% off, I jumped. I had to stick to a specific price point to I took the Canadian Value Package, the entry level van. Not too many bells and whistles, A/C, heated power mirrors, automatic day/night mirror, sirius satellite radio. I opted for the extended warranty and the electronic rust proofing. I have loved this vehicle. 4 x 8 sheets of plywood, roofing tiles, or 7 people and lots of stuff, this van does it all and does it comfortably. Front seats are very comfortable, even the 2nd row bench (in this trim level) is comfortable, the 3rd row is nice, you're kind of cocooned with cup holders and nooks and crannies for stuff. The 3.6 L six is rated one of the world's best engines. Lots of power, no hesitation even with 7 people and the cargo space behind the 3rd row seats full of gear. I'm not a big fan of the 6 speed transmission, although it works better after the local Dodge dealer did a firmware upgrade. Winter time up here means lots of cold and snow, and this van has a great heater, and with a good set of winter tires and the included traction control, it's actually pretty good in the snow. The Eco mode for the transmission is a wasted effort, the transmission shifts to the higher gears quickly and is noticeably reluctant to downshift, so I'm not a fan. A fuel efficiency gauge or light would've been better. Fuel economy is normal for vehicle of this size, almost 17 ft long and 6050 lbs. To sum up, more comfortable than the competition, big, powerful, roomy, versatile, I'll go for the back up cameral the next time, otherwise, it's an great all purpose vehicle.

Fantastic ride

by shelseekr from Nipomo, ca on Tue Jan 28 2014

Enjoying the scenery while driving thanks to the big windows! Interior space is well done and no bumping into elbows of passengers and good head room for a tall driver 6'... The cloth seats are well made to support my lower back. I no longer need the back support made for me to drive in my old car. Smooth handling in the steering. I get 19 mpg in the city and 23mpg with air con. Running on freeway. Must use 87octane gas. 5000 miles till next oil change. Plus I'm saving 40$ a year on insurance! Go figure. I love this car...the ease of the fold-down seats is incredible and we love the "well" with the grocery bag hooks to keep stuff from sliding around. Plenty of cup holders and hidden compartments for stowing things make it a warehouse on wheels.

Love my van

by Vanlife from Fresno, California on Thu Jul 18 2019

So far so good! I went camping with it for a week up in Oregon traveling from California. Plenty of room. Every seat in the back folds down into the floor which is really great. All doors are automatic.

most for the room

by mini van family from wahiawa, hi on Sat Nov 23 2013

I have owned an suv, but since having kids I just can find any other style car like a van to compare the room. 3 row seating and still be able to put things in the back end like coolers, chair and groceries. also I love the fold and stow seats and turns into the sixe of a truck for cargo. love love love

Dodge Grand Caravan Bought at Majorworld

by Ignacio C from Queens, New York on Fri Jan 23 2015

Bought my Dodge Grand Caravan from Major world. Excellent van, reliable and lots of nice features. The stow and go seats are awesome.

Great family car

by Drymopfirst from Watertown, WI on Sun Jan 06 2019

We recently upgraded from a 2006 and this is both so much better and so much the same. It really feels like we are driving a new version of our favorite car.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan

Editor’s note: This review was written in April 2012 about the 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2013, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

In the to-minivan-or-not-to-minivan debate, parents are about as polarized as most of us are in the age-old dog vs. cat showdown: You’re either a minivan person or you’re not.

The limitless functionality of the 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan, however, is just about enough to convert even the most vocal anti-minivan protestors among us, including my husband.

Our week with the Grand Caravan started with him joking and jesting relentlessly... Read More