2014 Grand Caravan

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan

4.3

Have You Driven the 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan?

Love what they've done to the Grand Caravan

by Van Fan from Lansing, Michigan on Thu Apr 10 2014

This is my 2nd Grand Caravan. My last one was a 2007. My new one is the SXT 30th Anniversary. I love the changes and they have addressed some of the weaknesses of my 2007. They finally have the handles in the right places which makes it much easier for elderly (and the not so elderly) people to get in! We looked at other vans but none can compare with the ease and convenience of the stow-and-go seating that drops flat into the floor literally as easy as 1-2-3. The seats are comfortable. There is storage galore: the center console has a lot of top storage but it also has a big drawer under it. There are 2 glove boxes. There are lighted pockets in the front doors. Pockets on the back of the front seats (though I wish they were solid and not netting). And there is hidden storage where the middle seats drop into the floor which is great for my cloth shopping bags, emergency kit, air pump, blanket, etc. There's even a place for my umbrella by the driver's door. I have the back up screen, hands free phone thing, and a mini computer that stores your CDs and USB device info. You can even store photos on it. I love this new technology! If you get the telescoping foot pedals and stearing wheel along with the power driver seat, it's the best I've found for fitting short people like me (I'm 5' 2"). I tried MANY cars at the Detroit auto show and none fit as well and get me up as high as the Grand Caravan. We opted not to pay extra to get the garage door opener or compass but they were a cheap, easy add on. We also added after market front seat heaters which they installed at the dealer's and they work great and were a fraction of the price of buying the whole package just to get them. We also added after market running boards that the dealer installed for $700 because my elderly parents have a hard time getting in a van so high. They work great, especially with the better placed handles of the 2014. (You just have to be careful about taking tight corners over a curb because you can scrape more easily.) I also added adjustable stick-on mini blind spot mirrors to the side view mirros, which I think should be a standard safety feature on all vans. The only things Dodge hasn't addressed yet is a waste basket, because every car needs one and there's not a good place to put it. And they should put arm rests on the outside of the front seats because the door arm rests are in the wrong place for short people. I can't reach the steering wheel if my arm is on the door arm rest.

Incredible Value and Economy

by Pablo from San Antonio, TX on Tue Aug 19 2014

I've owned Chrysler minivans since 2000, all of which have been Town and Country models. I've been very happy with all of them, and this is my first Dodge, but I must admit, I'm impressed. Gas Mileage is amazing...19-21mpg in town, 24-28mpg on the highway. The ride is tight, and quiet. My wife has a Lexus RX-350, and I'm impressed that a car with less than half the MSRP can be a good as the Caravan is! My few complaints so far are that for a passenger van and a cargo hauler, there are few places to tie down cargo, especially along the outer interior panels of the van. I'd like to add some tie-down tabs, but am afraid to drill into the side panels out of fear of hitting some critical wiring. I'd recommend 4 sets of recessed D rings as a minimum. The computer display on the SE model is microscopic, and shows MPG, DTE, etc. It basicially uses the odometer display. I'm certain that the designers could have created a larger, more colorful display in the room available. The cruise symbol is so tiny, it is very difficult to see. Overall, I'm very impressed with my purchase. Adjusted for inflation, it is less expensive than its predecessors, has more features, provides greater safety and has better gas mileage. That's what Value is all about.

Built for camping

by Stow N Go Fan from Salinas,Ca. on Wed Mar 26 2014

No other van manufacturer has stow n go seats.I had a job selling V.W. vans,but there is no comparison. Dodge builds the best van in the world. Stow n go seats give you a passenger van and a cargo van both in one, the best invention since sliced bread.

First van for my family

by MiniVan Dad from Denver, CO on Wed Dec 11 2013

Just recently got our first Dodge Grand Caravan 2014. So far it has turned out to be a great choice for our growing family. You get great value for your money with this van, as well as some serious pick up from the engine 270hp( dads like that). It has a real comfortable ride and very little if any road noise. If you are looking for your first mini van and think that the only good ones are from Japan, think again. I have only owned nissans, mazdas and Hondas so this is my first American car and I am glad I picked Dodge. Shop around and you will see who that there is no better value out there and remember Dodge invented the mini van so they really know what they are doing. Our van was the AVP SE package (21,600)which is entry level without power sliding side doors but s still very easy to get family in and out no problems. This van is still very nicely equipped with leather steering wheel, satellite radio, Bluetooth and much more. Go check them out you won't be dissatisfied, plus the mid to high end models are outstandingly equipped.

Not the most reliable car I've owned

by Just a driver from Selkirk, Manitoba, Canads on Sun Aug 28 2016

Good handling and good fuel consumption. But, wind noise is bad, very dusty in interior when on gravel or dirt roads. Car fills up with dust. Dealer so far unable to correct problem. I feel the poor design of the vent at the back of the car is to blame. Would not purchase this car again for that reason. Seat belts in back get dirty, all interior dirty etc. If you are not on a dirt road there would not be much of a problem. Good power for size of vehicle. Ride ok and when not windy average road noise.

Does not recommend this car!!

love it no regrets

by kristinamm28 from HAMILTON, OHIO on Fri Jun 06 2014

R/T Dodge Grand caravan has features that matter. DVD player comes with wireless headphones, awesome. Heated steering wheel and first and 2nd row heated seats. Stow and go, all of the 2nd and 3rd row can be easily stored in the floor of the car making lots of space like a truck has. Has a large backup camera, a must have for us although it is very easy to see out windows into blind spots. automatic lift gate and side doors are great, a lot of easy options to open the automatic doors. It has a 40gb hard drive to store music and photos. navigation is nice and easy too, we love the go home feature. has safety features so no hands or fingers get smashed. The sliding doors have large windows that roll down 3rd row windows open too. all the back seats have window shades as well. It has a lot of storage space and compartments. easy to drive. I do have one complaint, when you are stopped on a hill and let off the gas to begin forward the van seems to roll backward, that has rarely happened with other vehicles. It has a remote start.

Better mileage, roomier than expected

by Any evidence for that claim? from Burlington, Vermont on Mon Dec 31 2018

So far, this minivan has exceeded my expectations. Better mileage than I expected- 23 mpg- those are not highway miles. A 4 x 8 sheet of plywood fits in the back easily with the seats stowed. My Mountain bike fits easily standing up.

3rd Grand Caravan I've owned. I like them.

by William from HEDGESVILLE, WV on Mon Jan 20 2020

I don't like the looks of Hondas or toyotas. I'm a mechanic and always fix my own vehicles. I learned early on how to diagnose issues. The Pentastar engine is awesome. They say the transmission's have issues. Mine doesn't yet. If it does I'll opt for an upgraded one.

The most exciting van I've ever driven in.

by Sports van from Shakopee MN on Fri Jul 06 2018

This car can only be described with few words that would fulfill your needs and wants of a traveling and crusing van. This van comes with everything youll ever need. It is so hard to find a reason why not to buy it and drive it. It's really reliable with maintenance and brings a smile to your face everysongke time you sit in it, makes you feel like a luxury family old man. This car fills you up with so much desire to make another extran long way to your destination to just spent another extra 5 minutes behind a wheel of this beautifully made van. It really gives that mean powerful look to it's front end which steers other cars into shivers.. I can't say a ton made up words but i can say so much meaningful personal experienced feeling.

So far so good

by rachel007purple from Pueblo, CO on Sat Jun 03 2017

I just purchased this vehicle and have gone on a couple of mini trips and it has been wonderful. It has a lot room. I have just a basic radio and no back up camera which I thought was odd for a 2014 but I don't need bells and whistles.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9