2014 Grand Caravan

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Love what they've done to the Grand Caravan

by Van Fan from Lansing, Michigan on April 10, 2014

This is my 2nd Grand Caravan. My last one was a 2007. My new one is the SXT 30th Anniversary. I love the changes and they have addressed some of the weaknesses of my 2007. They finally have the handles in the right places which makes it much easier for elderly (and the not so elderly) people to get in! We looked at other vans but none can compare with the ease and convenience of the stow-and-go seating that drops flat into the floor literally as easy as 1-2-3. The seats are comfortable. There is storage galore: the center console has a lot of top storage but it also has a big drawer under it. There are 2 glove boxes. There are lighted pockets in the front doors. Pockets on the back of the front seats (though I wish they were solid and not netting). And there is hidden storage where the middle seats drop into the floor which is great for my cloth shopping bags, emergency kit, air pump, blanket, etc. There's even a place for my umbrella by the driver's door. I have the back up screen, hands free phone thing, and a mini computer that stores your CDs and USB device info. You can even store photos on it. I love this new technology! If you get the telescoping foot pedals and stearing wheel along with the power driver seat, it's the best I've found for fitting short people like me (I'm 5' 2"). I tried MANY cars at the Detroit auto show and none fit as well and get me up as high as the Grand Caravan. We opted not to pay extra to get the garage door opener or compass but they were a cheap, easy add on. We also added after market front seat heaters which they installed at the dealer's and they work great and were a fraction of the price of buying the whole package just to get them. We also added after market running boards that the dealer installed for $700 because my elderly parents have a hard time getting in a van so high. They work great, especially with the better placed handles of the 2014. (You just have to be careful about taking tight corners over a curb because you can scrape more easily.) I also added adjustable stick-on mini blind spot mirrors to the side view mirros, which I think should be a standard safety feature on all vans. The only things Dodge hasn't addressed yet is a waste basket, because every car needs one and there's not a good place to put it. And they should put arm rests on the outside of the front seats because the door arm rests are in the wrong place for short people. I can't reach the steering wheel if my arm is on the door arm rest.

Incredible Value and Economy

by Pablo from San Antonio, TX on August 19, 2014

I've owned Chrysler minivans since 2000, all of which have been Town and Country models. I've been very happy with all of them, and this is my first Dodge, but I must admit, I'm impressed. Gas Mileage is amazing...19-21mpg in town, 24-28mpg on the highway. The ride is tight, and quiet. My wife has a Lexus RX-350, and I'm impressed that a car with less than half the MSRP can be a good as the Caravan is! My few complaints so far are that for a passenger van and a cargo hauler, there are few places to tie down cargo, especially along the outer interior panels of the van. I'd like to add some tie-down tabs, but am afraid to drill into the side panels out of fear of hitting some critical wiring. I'd recommend 4 sets of recessed D rings as a minimum. The computer display on the SE model is microscopic, and shows MPG, DTE, etc. It basicially uses the odometer display. I'm certain that the designers could have created a larger, more colorful display in the room available. The cruise symbol is so tiny, it is very difficult to see. Overall, I'm very impressed with my purchase. Adjusted for inflation, it is less expensive than its predecessors, has more features, provides greater safety and has better gas mileage. That's what Value is all about.

second timer

by biill from Springfield, Missouri on August 25, 2014

Yes I have purchased a 2014 Grand Caravan. his is my second one to own and both were new. My first one had "the works" while this new one does not have leather and power seats. It does have adjustable steering wheel. Anew feature is the removable center seats. My deceased wife would rather drive the van than her Lincoln. She would set up higher and be able to see for better driving. Gas mileage is better than the Lincoln .Radio controls are also on the steering wheel so you can control the radio without removing yours your hands from the wheel. I would recommend it for any family.

Good but cheaply put together

by Matthew28 from Fort Worth, TX on November 2, 2016

Our 2014 Dodge Caravan R/T is a very good value, rides good, is fast, and agile for a mini-van. However, with 38k miles a leather armrest is cracking, a sliding door lock actuator has broken, which costs $550 to fix, and various small pieces of trim come loose. I was a bit disappointed to say the least when the automatic sliding door lock failed. Then the Dodge dealers can't agree whether the whole latch assembly or actuator can be replaced separately. I think this will be my last Dodge Caravan and will opt for something of higher quality.

Does not recommend this car!!

2014 Grand Caravan

by JHG from Tulsa, OK on April 19, 2015

I've had minivans since the 90's, the first time I noticed that a full sheet of plywood would lay down flat through the tailgate door and still let the tailgate shut. I've had the 06 version, liked it very much, plywood measurement still in tack. Tried a 08 version, did NOT like at all, after 9 months of replacin brakes that wore out too soon and cost more than they should have to repair, etc., I returned if for an 05, I disliked the newer one with the cheaper transmission so much. The 05 one finally wore out and I needed another one. Bought this 2014 version 6 months ago. Performance problems fixed, different breaking systems and transmission seem fine, best looking version I've ever had, its a white working minivan and it is constantly getting compliments from people I work with?!?! The plywood trick still works, HOWEVER, Dodge did shrink the top of the tailgate opening a bit and that's too bad. for example, I was able to fit a full size box and top mattress in the 04 - 07 version, but the 2008 and up tailgate has too much plastic around the ceiling area of the tailgate opening to allow the same usage of space. It is still big enough to allow one mattress at a time or a refrigerator size box to be slide in, but the mattresses that go from corner to corner will not allow two at a time anymore. All that aside, even though I use my minivan for work AND family, I very much like the 2014 version. I would buy again.

good so far

by Ben from Woodstock, Ga on July 20, 2014

I dont think we have more than 700 miles on the car so far,but so far Ive taken it in for warped brake rotors. They were hopefully just a fluke, but everything else is great. Love the utility. The power is surprising and that 6th gear is a god-send. Knowing what i know now, i would do it again. We tend to hang on to vehicles for a long time.

Built for camping

by Stow N Go Fan from Salinas,Ca. on March 26, 2014

No other van manufacturer has stow n go seats.I had a job selling V.W. vans,but there is no comparison. Dodge builds the best van in the world. Stow n go seats give you a passenger van and a cargo van both in one, the best invention since sliced bread.

Tremendous value in the Dodge brand!

by Don from Fernandina, FL on March 26, 2014

The Dodge Brand is sharply superior to other Chrysler products, and of real great value....has all the features of the Town & Country and a much lower price point. A very attractive price point and a great vehicle.

smooth ride with good power

by Busy Lady from jacksonville, nc on June 13, 2014

Enjoy my new van's power and handling, love it, but the interior has a few glitches. The drivers seat cover has come out on the side at the plastic frame when I get in at times. The interior lift gate light has fallen out of its frame hanging by the wires. It was easily snapped back in, but it just made me uneasy about how the rest of the interior was going to hold up considering I only have 1500 miles on it. As an overall review, I would buy this vehicle again.

First van for my family

by MiniVan Dad from Denver, CO on December 11, 2013

Just recently got our first Dodge Grand Caravan 2014. So far it has turned out to be a great choice for our growing family. You get great value for your money with this van, as well as some serious pick up from the engine 270hp( dads like that). It has a real comfortable ride and very little if any road noise. If you are looking for your first mini van and think that the only good ones are from Japan, think again. I have only owned nissans, mazdas and Hondas so this is my first American car and I am glad I picked Dodge. Shop around and you will see who that there is no better value out there and remember Dodge invented the mini van so they really know what they are doing. Our van was the AVP SE package (21,600)which is entry level without power sliding side doors but s still very easy to get family in and out no problems. This van is still very nicely equipped with leather steering wheel, satellite radio, Bluetooth and much more. Go check them out you won't be dissatisfied, plus the mid to high end models are outstandingly equipped.

1 2 3 4 5 6