2011 Journey

4.3

Have You Driven the 2011 Dodge Journey?

Love it!

by travel lover from illinois on Mon Jul 16 2012

I have owned this vehicle for about 10 months and after the initial shock of switching from a Town and Country I am really happy with it. The bluetooth and touch screen are great. I had a hard time getting used to looking out the windshield at first, but worked it out after a couple months. The biggest minus I would say is the delay in "Pick Up" when you ask it to move out. I have the 3.6 engine. It gets about 20mpg in daily use with lots of short trips and in the 1000 mile trip to the beach it got 25mpg fully loaded with 5 people, cooler, etc. I would definitely purchase again.

Going Back to Chevrolet

by Unhappy Camper from Indianapolis, IN on Wed Aug 21 2013

Although I love the inside of my R/T and the options that came with it I am unhappy with the performance and the number of times I have had to have it serviced. This is my Dodge and will be my last. When I shift from reverse to drive it jerks and makes a noise (I am being told nothing is wrong with it). My back window gets stuck as I roll it up. My backup camera went out. I have had this vehicle for less than six months and it has seen servicing once a month for the last five months due to issues. Also for a V6 the pickup isn't that great. I have a certified 2011 DJ R/T purchased with 12k miles on it.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great car....Dissappointing MPG

by journey from Brea, CA on Fri Nov 02 2012

I really have no problem with this car other than the miles per gallon. I have 4 kids who are very busy and the many storage compartments and convenient 3rd row are fantastic! We've had it for 2 years exactly and have had no real engine trouble. The only thing about this car that gets on my nerves is the MPG. I usually drive streets and I can't seem to get above 15 MPG no matter how I drive. My previous car was a Honda Element which gets awesome MPG so it's very frustrating. The highest MPG I ever got was 21 on a 500 mile camping trip we took last summer. If you value the money in your pocket book, you may want to look for a more fuel efficient SUV. But if you don't mind the extra trips to the pump, it's a great car.

Love my new Journey

by mel from Kansas City, MO on Sun Oct 30 2011

I love this car. Seven seater with plenty of room. I do wish it had better "pick up" when getting on highway.

Lot of Car

by Bogz from Central Ma on Mon Mar 19 2012

Dodge did a great job with the remake of the Journey 2011. 2010 model is not even close. Lot of car for your money.

Great Value for the size

by Journey Fan! from Lorain, OH on Wed Jul 22 2015

This has been one of my favorite cars to own. The space and size is amazing. I'm a large person and I have a lot of head and leg room. Brakes- I was shocked to see negative views on the brakes. I got new brakes at 70,000miles, and the rear ones didn't even need to be replaced! Performance - Not the best performing vehicle. Gas mileage is average. Interior - I like my black interior. some of the plastic protective parts on the seats broke off very easily when vacuuming car. Overall - I can imagine finding a vehicle with this much interior space for the price. Great value.

by Julie B from Glen Carbon on Tue Apr 04 2017

We bought this vehicle for our son in college. This vehicle rides nicely and has a lot of leg room.

I LOVE My Dodge Journey! So Pretty!

by Ailsa Forshaw from Victoria, BC on Sat Jul 15 2017

I love this car - we didn't want to give up our Buick Rendezvous, I loved it so much, but then I gave my Rendezvous to my daughter, and got the Dodge Journey - is just a gorgeous car,I love the interior, so comfy, love the colour - very sparkly! Is very nice to drive, and love the Push Button Start! and we bought it from Three Point Motors in Victoria, BC, through our salesman, David - what a great guy! : >

People love to borrow my car

by texastkc from Waco, TX on Thu Jan 11 2018

My sons love to borrow, even a co-worker likes to go buy lunch in my car. First thing everyone says it that it is very smooth to drive and has great pick up & go abilities. I have the Crew trim package and love the UConnect system. There are times the BT is a bit touchy on connecting to my phone but that's minor. The Navigation is stored in the car so you do not get real time navigation. Easy enough to use Waze if I need traffic info. MPG has dropped in the last year but that's true for any vehicle. I have had this car for 4 years and have put some serious mileage on it with a long commute every day. If you are looking at buying this, two things to know. You will need brake jobs more often than other vehicles. And the tires are more expensive to replace. Go into it knowing these facts and you will still love the car.

Loving the car

by Tarsha McD from York, PA on Tue May 01 2018

When I first set in it I knew it was for me. The comfort, style and the way it drives won me over. Love it!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2011 Dodge Journey

To the untrained eye, Dodge’s 2011 Journey may not look very different from the version that hit roads in 2008. Don’t let that fool you.

The changes that Dodge has made for 2011 (inside and out) transform the Journey from a forgettable crossover into a worthy competitor.

The Journey distinguishes itself easily among competitors with a quiet cabin and smooth ride that rival entry-level luxury cars.

Trim levels start with the Express and move up to the Mainstreet, Crew and top Lux trim level. (Don’t be alarmed; the trim names don’t make sense to us, either.) An R/T trim will be available later but few details have been announced at the time of this publishing. I tested a front-wheel-drive... Read More