2014 Dodge Journey consumer reviews

$19,995–$24,995 MSRP range
side view of 2014 Journey Dodge
Explore the 2014 Dodge Journey
Shop the 2014 Dodge Journey

Most roomy vehicle we had.

We are a family of six and the Dodge, Journey had the perfect space and comfort we needed. If we had a choice out of vehicles to have again it would be the Dodge, Journey.

4.3

My first SUV

Great vehicle without a big price tag. Front corner supports can obstruct vision. 28+ mpg highway with the sixth gear. Around 19 city. Great road car for trips.

Inexpensive reliability

Was in a bind when I purchased this vehicle. This is a base model with the 2.4l engine, kind of a "plain jane" vehicle. Needless to say I wasn't expecting much from this vehicle, but it has proven me wrong. I commute to and from work for a total of 86 miles per day that includes city driving and is used for out of state trips and vacations, I average 28.5+ mpg, and it's inexpensive to maintain. I have had no issues with this vehicle and currently have 118,763 miles on it. I think I will keep her around a while longer and just purchase a second vehicle for trips and weekend driving!

Wonderful car to drive!

I have the 6 cylinder and it definitely has some get up and go! No sluggish feel to it! This is just one reason I picked this suv. The 2nd is the comfort of the sets, not stiff or hard like many others. The size is the 3rd reason, not too big or too little. I've hauled a twin size mattress with the hatch shut! It can hold 7 people. Love the 3rd. row seat that you don't have to climb over another to get to. This mid size suv is great!

4.0

Let the Journey begin

So far, so good. I could have bought a mid-life-crisis-muscle-car, but I have kids, and I wanted room for them + friends. Love the third row, even if it's a little snug. I've done the minivan thing, and the Dodge Journey (DJ) doesn't look van-ish, IMO. My DJ is a red SXT. I've modified the fog lights to bright yellow ones, and added a trailer hitch + hitch/step. I use the hitch for my bike rack. When I'm not using the rack, the hitch/step serves as extra 'bumper' protection. Didn't discover the steering controls on the BACK side of the steering wheel right away, so that was a nice surprise. Digital-speedometer is cool, and the MPG seems pretty good. Knew when I bought her that I wouldn't be winning any drag-races, but she handles great in the city and on the interstate. Love the satellite radio subscription, too. Never paid for radio in my life, but I probably will when the time comes. Haven't had her very long, but she's doing what she's supposed to...taking me & my kiddos where we want to go, and looks pretty good doing it. Life's a Journey; enjoy :)

4.5

Estate sale selling for mother in law.

Brought car back from Yuma Ar to Kennewick Wa. I was very surprised how comfortable the car drove. Inlaws were snowbirds. Husband passed away. Mother in law doesn't drive any longer. Car seems to have been well maintained

3.3

It has severed it's purpose. Big family.

I like that the vehicle will seat 8. The third row folds down for more storage space. It would have been better with a V6 engine, mine is not, but still good for family road trips.

3.0

Could be better

Not enough horsepower to get the vehicle really going. Would probably like it more if I could get a higher package on the vehicle.

4.0

Just the right size for a family of 5.

We have been on 2 long road trips with my 2014 awd journey. Both trips were from Illinois to Wyoming. Both times it averaged 26 mpg while driving there, back, and sight seeing. The v6 has plenty of power and transmission shifts smoothly on long trips. The only complaints I have are: The front-end squeaks at slow speeds when going over speed bumps. Dodge says noisy shock. The transmission does not like city driving, it sometimes has a hard time finding the right gear and shifts a little funky.

What a great fund!

This car met all my needs and then some! Wow! It's such a smooth and comfortable ride, we are extremely happy with our purchase!