2017 Dodge Journey

A truly great buy

by from Locust Grove on March 16, 2017

We bought the fully equipped GT Blacktop edition. A great buy, especially vs the competition's price for same equipment. Lots of power and comfort. Rides awesome. Lots of compartments for storage. Alpine stereo is top notch

Excellent choice for the money

by from Jordan, Arkansas on May 5, 2017

Took my wife to Branson, Mo. to meet her friend for a bus trip to Washington, D.C.. Traveled from Arkansas in what could best be described as a deluge of rain during the 125 mile trip. The Journey was a dream to drive and I was able to stay close to the speed limit while avoiding any water standing on the pavement. I did not want to risk hydroplaning so I was very careful. I was able to watch the road with my wipers operating at full speed. The ventilation system kept the windshield and side windows fog free. Even though it was not necessary I tried the rear window wipers, something I have never had in previous cars, and can see that they will come in handy in the future Left with a full tank of gas and averaged 22 plus miles per gal. of gas. I would venture to say that with normal driving conditions the Journey would have averaged 2 to 3 additional miles per gallon. There were 3 adults going and 2 returning. The following week, under even worse weather conditions there were 2 adults going and 3 returning. Very similar mileage results for gas consumption when I picked my wife up. It takes a little time getting familiar with all the new features and also adjusting to exactly where the front end is located. Can't quite see the front of the hood. I am getting more comfortable and confident the more I drive.

Good Basic Transportation

by from on March 26, 2017

Recently we rented a basic Journey for a week in Las Vegas. As an owner of a high end equipped 2014 Highlander, I expected to be disappointed. I wasn't! The Dodge handles heavy city traffic very well. We took two longer trips out of town to desert locations. The car accelerated briskly, handled well at high speed in wind, was quiet, and is ergonomically good. Seating and controls were excellent. Gas mileage better than my other V-6 vehicles. As for reliability, I can't say. Only drove it 5 days. Our impression is that it's a very good car for the price.

We love this car

by from Lakeland,fl on April 27, 2017

We are very happy with our Dodge Journey. It is so comfortable and elegant. We really love this car. It looks like a luxury automoblie and we are very proud to be driving around in it.

repeat customer

by from grandview mo on April 11, 2017

I really love this vehicle. I did not think i would love it as much as i do . It is everything i wanted in a suv and then some.martina

Love it!

by from Hartford Wisconsin on April 23, 2017

Couldn't ask for a better SUV!!! It's perfect! I have so much room for my family. The drive is smooth. I feel so safe.

Dodge

by from saltville va on May 2, 2017

Love it would have traded earlier if I knew that I would have been more interested in the beginning I traded a jeep for the journey

Just purchased a new Journey

by from Bloomington, IL on April 10, 2017

I just purchased a new Dodge Journey! It is hard to believe it has a 4 cylinder and is an SUV. it handles like a car and has plenty of power. I will be adding a tow hitch and using this to pull a small boat. I am very excited to begin using it!

Uses car for Towing

Best AWD 7-passenger vehicle under $27K

by from Glendale, CA on June 25, 2017

Much has been written about the Dodge Journey since it was introduced in 2009, most of it unflattering - cheap-looking, too old, too slow, too (insert pejorative here) etc. Forbes Magazine even named it one of the "15 cars you must NOT buy" - honest! Regarding the Journey being "slow", the 4-cylinder Journey with a 4-speed (gasp) automatic lives up to that reputation. I know because I drove an older Journey a couple of years ago. As luck would have it, two years later I drew a 6-cylinder FWD Journey Crossroad in the rent-a-car lottery and WOW - it was a totally different car. Then I drove it DILYSI-style and it totally changed my mind. The 3.6 liter, 273 hp V-6 coupled to the 6-speed automatic was a game changer. It was silky smooth and quiet where the 4-banger was crude and noisy. Having this lively powertrain allowed me to discover the Journey's other secret - it handles like a decent grand touring car! Where the the Edge's handling was a guesswork exercise (steering was numb and suspension was stiff), the Journey's handling was a delight with smooth, light, and silky steering, but still with plenty of road feel. The V6 was smooth and torquey, and the suspension is the best I have ever driven. Compared to the Edge's stiff, almost noisy ride, the Crossroad's suspension was quiet, well-controlled and never bottomed out no matter how roughly I drove it over dips or humpsBest of all, the Journey's entertainment system with 8.4-inch screen and U-Connect bluetooth was just what the doctor ordered, although it didn't come with a rear-view camera (amazing) and I never got to sample FCA's version of GPS nav (more on this later). I checked out the Journey AWD prices and incentives on TrueCar and lo and behold, you can get an AWD Journey SXT for under $27K with up to $6000 cash back (but only market interest rate financing) or lease one for less than $400 a month. Just one problem - you can't get one in So Cal - at least if you want one in SX or SXT trim levels. You can order one from the factory, but if you want one off-the-proverbial-lot, you have to spring for a GT AWD (much more money). Perseverance and an empty wallet led me to a Dodge dealer in L.A. willing to exchange inventory with another Dodge dealer in Lancaster that had the only SXT AWD in SoCal. Bad news was - it's white! Not the pearlescent embedded-mica white, but refrigerator white or whatever Dodge uses for their paint code PW3. And I couldn't have GPS, an 8.4 screen or even a rear-view camera (soooo disappointed, at first). A little research reassured me that for a couple of grand, I can retrofit the 8.4" screen and rear-view camera if I order the pieces from Infotainment and throw some money at my Dodge dealer's service department. Bottom line is, I "dickered" (a slang term from 70's) for several days - yes, days - for the lowest possible monthly payment with no money down and drove away with a 2017 Journey AWD without feeling the need to shower afterwards. Surprising that it drove just like the rental FWD Journey Crossroad, so much so I had to look underneath to see if I actually had a rear axle and driveshafts. Plus the standard cloth buckets fit me so perfectly. All for $26K plus tax and license. Plus I found out thyat Edelbrock makes a supercharger system that boosts the 3.6 liter engine to 427 horses - SWEEEEEET!

Love the room of the vehicle

by from New lenox on April 18, 2017

So glad I choose to purchase this car. It is very roomy and reliable. Best thing Ive done for myself and family.