Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2017 Journey

2017 Dodge Journey

2017 Dodge Journey

Have You Driven the 2017 Dodge Journey?

Good Basic Transportation

by Bknboy from on Sun Mar 26 2017

Recently we rented a basic Journey for a week in Las Vegas. As an owner of a high end equipped 2014 Highlander, I expected to be disappointed. I wasn't! The Dodge handles heavy city traffic very well. We took two longer trips out of town to desert locations. The car accelerated briskly, handled well at high speed in wind, was quiet, and is ergonomically good. Seating and controls were excellent. Gas mileage better than my other V-6 vehicles. As for reliability, I can't say. Only drove it 5 days. Our impression is that it's a very good car for the price.

Best AWD 7-passenger vehicle under $27K

by Raylit from Glendale, CA on Sun Jun 25 2017

Much has been written about the Dodge Journey since it was introduced in 2009, most of it unflattering - cheap-looking, too old, too slow, too (insert pejorative here) etc. Forbes Magazine even named it one of the "15 cars you must NOT buy" - honest! Regarding the Journey being "slow", the 4-cylinder Journey with a 4-speed (gasp) automatic lives up to that reputation. I know because I drove an older Journey a couple of years ago. As luck would have it, two years later I drew a 6-cylinder FWD Journey Crossroad in the rent-a-car lottery and WOW - it was a totally different car. Then I drove it DILYSI-style and it totally changed my mind. The 3.6 liter, 273 hp V-6 coupled to the 6-speed automatic was a game changer. It was silky smooth and quiet where the 4-banger was crude and noisy. Having this lively powertrain allowed me to discover the Journey's other secret - it handles like a decent grand touring car! Where the the Edge's handling was a guesswork exercise (steering was numb and suspension was stiff), the Journey's handling was a delight with smooth, light, and silky steering, but still with plenty of road feel. The V6 was smooth and torquey, and the suspension is the best I have ever driven. Compared to the Edge's stiff, almost noisy ride, the Crossroad's suspension was quiet, well-controlled and never bottomed out no matter how roughly I drove it over dips or humpsBest of all, the Journey's entertainment system with 8.4-inch screen and U-Connect bluetooth was just what the doctor ordered, although it didn't come with a rear-view camera (amazing) and I never got to sample FCA's version of GPS nav (more on this later). I checked out the Journey AWD prices and incentives on TrueCar and lo and behold, you can get an AWD Journey SXT for under $27K with up to $6000 cash back (but only market interest rate financing) or lease one for less than $400 a month. Just one problem - you can't get one in So Cal - at least if you want one in SX or SXT trim levels. You can order one from the factory, but if you want one off-the-proverbial-lot, you have to spring for a GT AWD (much more money). Perseverance and an empty wallet led me to a Dodge dealer in L.A. willing to exchange inventory with another Dodge dealer in Lancaster that had the only SXT AWD in SoCal. Bad news was - it's white! Not the pearlescent embedded-mica white, but refrigerator white or whatever Dodge uses for their paint code PW3. And I couldn't have GPS, an 8.4 screen or even a rear-view camera (soooo disappointed, at first). A little research reassured me that for a couple of grand, I can retrofit the 8.4" screen and rear-view camera if I order the pieces from Infotainment and throw some money at my Dodge dealer's service department. Bottom line is, I "dickered" (a slang term from 70's) for several days - yes, days - for the lowest possible monthly payment with no money down and drove away with a 2017 Journey AWD without feeling the need to shower afterwards. Surprising that it drove just like the rental FWD Journey Crossroad, so much so I had to look underneath to see if I actually had a rear axle and driveshafts. Plus the standard cloth buckets fit me so perfectly. All for $26K plus tax and license. Plus I found out thyat Edelbrock makes a supercharger system that boosts the 3.6 liter engine to 427 horses - SWEEEEEET!

Love it!

by Angie from Hartford Wisconsin on Sun Apr 23 2017

Couldn't ask for a better SUV!!! It's perfect! I have so much room for my family. The drive is smooth. I feel so safe.

repeat customer

by martina mccullough from grandview mo on Tue Apr 11 2017

I really love this vehicle. I did not think i would love it as much as i do . It is everything i wanted in a suv and then some.martina

LOVE MY JOURNEY!!!

by jchester001 from Orange Park, FL on Tue Apr 11 2017

I purchased my Journey with less than 200 miles on it. It's a GT with all the bells and whistles. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone wanting an SUV for a great price!

Dodge

by char from saltville va on Tue May 02 2017

Love it would have traded earlier if I knew that I would have been more interested in the beginning I traded a jeep for the journey

Journey

by Bea H from Grovetown,Ga. on Fri Mar 31 2017

This vehicle is a joy to drive. Very comfortable and has roomy interior with plenty of extra storage. Turning radius is outstanding... mileage great...good sound system

Enjoy this ride, I do!

by MLewis from Statesboro, Ga. on Thu Jul 19 2018

I test drove several suvs before purchasing the Journey. None of them was as comfortable nor as smooth-riding. If I just had to pick a problem, it would be that the blind spots are pretty terrible but nothing I can't deal with as an experienced driver.

Love this car!

by Kari from Inverness, Fl on Tue Apr 25 2017

We are so in love with this car!! It is everything we need from comfort to performance. I honestly don't know why it took us so long to make this purchase

I JUST LOVE IT!!!

by STANT460 from Plainfield, IL on Sat Jun 17 2017

I NEEDED A NEW CAR AND THIS DODGE JOURNEY WAS THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! IT WAS GREAT TIMING! THANK YOU!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22