2017 Journey

2017 Dodge Journey

2017 Dodge Journey

Have You Driven the 2017 Dodge Journey?

Best AWD 7-passenger vehicle under $27K

by Raylit from Glendale, CA on Sun Jun 25 2017

Much has been written about the Dodge Journey since it was introduced in 2009, most of it unflattering - cheap-looking, too old, too slow, too (insert pejorative here) etc. Forbes Magazine even named it one of the "15 cars you must NOT buy" - honest! Regarding the Journey being "slow", the 4-cylinder Journey with a 4-speed (gasp) automatic lives up to that reputation. I know because I drove an older Journey a couple of years ago. As luck would have it, two years later I drew a 6-cylinder FWD Journey Crossroad in the rent-a-car lottery and WOW - it was a totally different car. Then I drove it DILYSI-style and it totally changed my mind. The 3.6 liter, 273 hp V-6 coupled to the 6-speed automatic was a game changer. It was silky smooth and quiet where the 4-banger was crude and noisy. Having this lively powertrain allowed me to discover the Journey's other secret - it handles like a decent grand touring car! Where the the Edge's handling was a guesswork exercise (steering was numb and suspension was stiff), the Journey's handling was a delight with smooth, light, and silky steering, but still with plenty of road feel. The V6 was smooth and torquey, and the suspension is the best I have ever driven. Compared to the Edge's stiff, almost noisy ride, the Crossroad's suspension was quiet, well-controlled and never bottomed out no matter how roughly I drove it over dips or humpsBest of all, the Journey's entertainment system with 8.4-inch screen and U-Connect bluetooth was just what the doctor ordered, although it didn't come with a rear-view camera (amazing) and I never got to sample FCA's version of GPS nav (more on this later). I checked out the Journey AWD prices and incentives on TrueCar and lo and behold, you can get an AWD Journey SXT for under $27K with up to $6000 cash back (but only market interest rate financing) or lease one for less than $400 a month. Just one problem - you can't get one in So Cal - at least if you want one in SX or SXT trim levels. You can order one from the factory, but if you want one off-the-proverbial-lot, you have to spring for a GT AWD (much more money). Perseverance and an empty wallet led me to a Dodge dealer in L.A. willing to exchange inventory with another Dodge dealer in Lancaster that had the only SXT AWD in SoCal. Bad news was - it's white! Not the pearlescent embedded-mica white, but refrigerator white or whatever Dodge uses for their paint code PW3. And I couldn't have GPS, an 8.4 screen or even a rear-view camera (soooo disappointed, at first). A little research reassured me that for a couple of grand, I can retrofit the 8.4" screen and rear-view camera if I order the pieces from Infotainment and throw some money at my Dodge dealer's service department. Bottom line is, I "dickered" (a slang term from 70's) for several days - yes, days - for the lowest possible monthly payment with no money down and drove away with a 2017 Journey AWD without feeling the need to shower afterwards. Surprising that it drove just like the rental FWD Journey Crossroad, so much so I had to look underneath to see if I actually had a rear axle and driveshafts. Plus the standard cloth buckets fit me so perfectly. All for $26K plus tax and license. Plus I found out thyat Edelbrock makes a supercharger system that boosts the 3.6 liter engine to 427 horses - SWEEEEEET!

Enjoy this ride, I do!

by MLewis from Statesboro, Ga. on Thu Jul 19 2018

I test drove several suvs before purchasing the Journey. None of them was as comfortable nor as smooth-riding. If I just had to pick a problem, it would be that the blind spots are pretty terrible but nothing I can't deal with as an experienced driver.

Love this car!

by Kari from Inverness, Fl on Tue Apr 25 2017

We are so in love with this car!! It is everything we need from comfort to performance. I honestly don't know why it took us so long to make this purchase

Great Car

by PapaJim from Youngsville, PA on Thu Feb 28 2019

This is the 3rd Journey that I have owned. Before this purchased I own a Jeep Patriot and it does not come close to the Journey. You sit up in the Journey and it is a very comfortable car. Plenty of leg room not only for the front seat but the back seats as well. Has plenty of power, and the car overall is good looking.

I JUST LOVE IT!!!

by STANT460 from Plainfield, IL on Sat Jun 17 2017

I NEEDED A NEW CAR AND THIS DODGE JOURNEY WAS THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS! IT WAS GREAT TIMING! THANK YOU!

first suv

by suv convert from Athens, TN on Sat Jun 09 2018

Smooth drive and control; very comfortable interior; cargo space attractive. It had all the features I was considering and a few more. The vehicle appears to be one of the few that meets most of the items on my checklist.

Best vehicle I have ever had

by Aknotts from Mendon ohio on Tue Apr 11 2017

If u are looking for a comfortable vehicle with lots of room this is it runs an drives great im so glad I purchased a journey

Bad experience with leather

by Mom03 from Canada on Wed Jun 13 2018

As much as the look and drives amazing I currently have a 2017 journey and bought the extra warranty it after 6 months has veins through leather wear all over seat and less than 20000kms it looks horrible I've called company to express my concerns and want fixed and was denied.

Reliable, Comfortable, and Flexible

by MW from Kissimmee, FL on Tue May 19 2020

Pros- The car rides smooth as silk. We've driven it from Florida to New York and back twice now and it's comfortable, decent on gas mileage for a vehicle its size, and cleans up pretty easily. We've had zero mechanical issues and even the tires took 2 years to wear down before they needed to be replaced. Cons- The phone chargers are down deep in the cubby under the radio. So deep. You can't see past your hand and end up pushing around and hoping you hit the plug right. Total pain. The 3rd row folds down flat for added cargo room, but when it's up you won't fit more than 2 bags of groceries in the trunk area and people with larger feet can't fit in the back row. Still the flexibility of fitting 2 extra people or tons of stuff in the back is really nice. My 2 large dogs were able to jump in and out without a problem. The 2nd row also moves forward and backward for leg room. Two adults fit comfortably in the 2nd row.

My wife got one, 2 years later I did too!

by Twee from Burnsville, MN on Wed May 15 2019

My wife drove a new Journey Crossroad off the lot two years ago. Last week my Mitsubishi went kaputs after owning it 16 years. I liked my wife's Journey so much I finally got a chance to get one of my own. The V6 has alot of zip, it can tow my boat, comfortable quiet ride. Really enjoying it without any problems with either of them.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25