2002 Dodge Neon

Cutest car ever.

by from Yakima, WA on July 5, 2009

My 2002 Neon runs excellent, haven't had to do any repairs since keeping up with the maintanance. Will admit the factory paint is not the best as it chips easily. It is extrenely comfortable to drive, not the most powerful off the block but it can get you where your going quick enough.

Dependable Little Car

by from Alpena, MI on March 5, 2011

I bought my 2002 Neon in September 02 and drove it until Feb of this year. It was a great little car for me. Got me to and from work, college, and it was great to travel with. Excellent with the gas prices the way they have been. It just was too small for my growing family.

very reliable car.

by from Boston,MA on December 6, 2012

I bought this car barely used in 2005 with 10,000 miles on it and it has been the perfect car never left me broken down on the side of the road. the only problem I was the average wear in tear for a car. the dodge neon is plain jane car so if your so if your looking for all the bells and whistles find a different car. I finally trade my neon at 230,000 miles for a truck because I needed something bigger.

Best car I've ever bought

by from Chicago IL on February 28, 2012

Best money I've spent. This car not only looks sexy but it feels sexy as well. It handles great. Its no race car but it has some kick to it. A great first car for a teenager!

not bad

by from south dakota on October 20, 2007

I own on and is pretty happy but reliability is a question.Handles and corners really good great for city driving.It is worth the money.Kinda slow of the line but not to bad.

Reliable and economical

by from Benbrook, TX on May 16, 2006

With the roller coaster ride that today's gas prices are taking, it seems that the Neon is definitely in the winner's circle with low gas consumption. I mainly use my Neon for getting to and from work as well as errands, soI only fill up twice a month. It's a good, reliable and economical car. I would recommend this car to be suitable for only those people of short stature. I'm 5'1" and it fits me perfectly but my husband, who is 6'1" has tough time adjusting the seat to give him enough leg room. He sets the seat all the way back and his legs are still bent. There have been no major repairs needed and it's been pretty reliable. I bought this car three years ago completely because of necessity and it's time for me to move on.

Cheap to run, cheap to fix

by from on April 26, 2015

I've owned a 1999 neon before this one and I can say your get the bulk repairs from about 70000 to 140000 miles. after that you'll be able to go a while after that though I suggest getting the timing belt replaced along with shocks and struts around this time also. After that, it runs like a charm. I get ~ 35mpg on the freeway going 70 and about 39 going 60. City I usually got around 25mpg. Overall good little car.

KactusKay

by from Henderson, NV on May 23, 2008

This is the worst car I've ever owned. I've had mechanical issues since I purchased this vehicle. All four motor mounts have been replaced, two of them twice. The O ring in the transmission and the transmission module have been replaced. The gas mileage is not as good as reported. I still have a rough idle when I come to a stop, and my mechanic is unable to determine what the issue is. The value of this vehicle is thousands less than my repair costs, and I'd be lucky if I could get $1500. Overall, it gets me to point A to point B.

Gas milage and Power

by from Camarillo, Ca on May 30, 2006

Great gas milage, get up and go and handling to boot. Fun, reliable car. R/T 2.0 Magnum. Great price for a quick sale, act now!!!

Not bad,could use some improvment

by from west PA. on May 6, 2011

Back bracks locked up, needed towed, problem with air cond. kinda rough ride when over 70,000 mls. but all and all not to bad, have had worse!