2007 Dodge Nitro Consumer Reviews

3.9
Average based on 55 reviews

Sweet features

by from rochester ny on February 19, 2009

I bought this car new and currently have put 53,000 miles on it. The Nitro gives you a feeling of confidence driving down the road. I would def recommend the SLT over the SXT. The SLT comes with a better 2 tone interier, way better steering wheel, and nice chrome accents. The cockpit it real nice and I can reach all the controls easily. The actual power outlet is a major plus, and having one touch windows on every window and moonroof is nice. I have had no major problems with the car as of yet which is nice since my warranty is gone. The cons of the car are that it has a soft suspension so you really need to slow down off road. Also my driver windows controls for the rear window stopped working a few months ago. It has turned of randomly while driving about 4 times since I owned it too but it turned right back on. But even with these cons I would recommend it because it has alot of features that similar cars do not have.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Style + Performance = Great Car

by from SE, Ohio on March 16, 2012

I recently purchased the 2007 Dodge Nitro SXT 4x4 and boy, I was hesitant at first after reading some reviews. But let me tell ya, this car is awesome! Good fuel mileage for the size of the motor and car its self. Sweet style, love the sunburst orange color it has. great room to haul around plenty of people and things. I am not used to having abs breaks, personally i do not like them at all. I always said i would never own anything but a Toyota switching to this SUV, Its great!

AWSOME

by from Wisconsin on December 13, 2007

the ESP and electronic braking are awsome. Try to get the Nitro out of shape and it basically straightens it self out. gas mileage ain't bad just don't mash it to the floor all the time. Ride is as expected I mean it is a SUV after all not a car. You want a better ride get a Lexas or BMW,,,$$$$$. Alot af bang for the buck..

Hate this car

by from Roselle, NJ on October 29, 2009

My car has 35k miles and its making a noise when i drive and this has happened to a friend of mine too that owns a dodge. And my front windows stopped working out of nowhere.

Love Mine

by from Kentucky on April 23, 2012

I absolutely love my nitro. We just took it on a cross country vacation and she was terrific! Comfort is outstanding and a "beefy" design to an suv. LOVE it!!

The Nitro is worth the money

by from Kansas/Missouri on June 30, 2016

I was the first owner of a Dodge Nitro back in December of 2006. I really wanted a Jeep Cherokee but they had stopped making them. The Nitro was all new and built upon the Jeep Liberty so I gave it a shot. 10 years and 166,000 miles later and I am not upset about my choice. The Nitro has been a great vehicle and this past year is the first major work I've had to do. The AC compressor and wheel hubs had to be replaced. Other than that, it's been regular oil/filter/fluid/plugs changes ta regular intervals and no issues at all. The 3.7ltr gets around 16mpg City and 21mpg Highway with 255/70-17 AT tires so it is about par for a midsize SUV. It has good pickup and hauls my boat and equipment trailer without much issue. The only 'ticks' with the vehicle, and it was inherent in the 2007/2008 models was the plastic door handles tend to break, so be sure to have them replaced with the beefier 2009+ version, and the roof rack molding will crack just behind the drivers door. Again, be sure that it has been upgraded to the 2009+ version.

New Nitro is Great!

by from Santee, CA on August 7, 2007

I just love my new Dodge Nitro R/T! It’s is unfortunate that Dodge had problems with a few of the first Nitros. All major problems have now been addressed and there is nothing to worry about when deciding to get this vehicle or not. Taking into consideration that this is a SUV and not a crossover design, that gas mileage is normal for its weight and shape. Road noise is low and handling is great considering the higher center of gravity. The safety features include electronic stability program, traction control, 4 wheel anti-lock disc brakes, brake assist, and side curtain airbags. The looks alone sold me on this SUV. I just love it, and so do a lot of my friends and family. I have caught a lot of motorist on the road just staring as I drive buy. The Nitro has all the options you could want, including the “My Gig” Navigation/Entertainment system. With the “My Gig” I can store loads of MP3s and pictures on the 20 GB hard drive, watch DVDs (while in park), and get directions to wherever! The premium stereo package is worth it and you even get a sub-woofer in the rear cargo area that doesn’t hinder your cargo room at all. On the R/T trim level you really get the whole package and you feel like you’re the VIP. The interior is great and functional with all the door pockets, deep center storage bin, load and go rear sliding cargo floor, fold-flat seats, reclining rear seats, and cup holders. You even get a power outlet to charge your laptop, portable DVD player, cell phone etc. Everyone who complains about the Nitro should have got that boring Toyota Rav4 or Honda Element. GET YOUR NITRO TODAY!

Good Car

by from Copiague, NY on August 8, 2012

I am a rough driver and so far this car has kept up with me. The only thing I have had to do on this car is the brakes and have had it over a year. Love it!!!

Stylish But Not Practical

by from Baltimore, MD on June 4, 2008

Pros - a real head turner, good pickup, not bad gas mileage for the engine size, high ceiling, huge "trunk/rear" storage Cons - no foot room up front (should have used some of that rear room for up front), doors are awkward for little children and it makes it difficult for them to have footing to get in/out, rear window buttons are in just the wrong spot and easy to hit by accident (very annoying with children), last but not least it is a VERY rough ride! I rented this vehicle for an extended period of time and found that while it was cool looking and had good pickup and gas mileage it was really not a practical vehicle all the way around. I am in the market for a new car and I have 3 kids and I realized real fast it would not be practical for us. It has some quirky design flaws that would drive me nuts. Not to mention the whip lash. It is one cool looking SUV though!

Great car for the price

by from Nashville, TN on June 24, 2008

I loved the way the Nitro looks and that is what sold me. A year and a half later I'm not as impressed. The ride is very "bouncy." There isn't a lot of foot room in the front or back seats however there is a ton of cargo room. The side mirrors are so large they actually create a blind spot when turning. The gas mileage is pretty much horrible. I average about 15 in the city but on the highway get up to 23. The acceleration is awesome, it sounds pretty great off red lights! The interior trim is a little cheap looking. I've had a few recalls but they were fixed quickly. All in all, ok for the price. I'm glad I'm driving a product of the USA.