2011 Nitro

4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

2011 Nitro Owner

by sindy from broadview hts, ohio on July 12, 2015

This vehicle is performing very well, and no issues so far. Only thing I have noticed is the suspension could have been made more solid, it feels every bad bump and hole in the road. The 20" tires w/flashy rims are nice, but then again cost a little more when time to replace, the spare will need a rim as well 'cause they just come w/balloon. The back seat and cargo areas are awesome you have lots and lots of room, almost like a small delivery truck, yet it rides and looks really snazzy. The sound is very good. I did have the electric switch for the drivers side window replaced after about 3 years. Regular oil changes and routine maintenance, it goes fast and far. Acceleration is not like a sports car or anything, but it is good. These are the most comfortable car seats I have ever had (owned 7 cars - new) and very roomy and solid. Nothing major negative about this vehicle and good value over all.

Perfect Jeep Companion!

by Go anywhere guy from Bolton Landing - New York on May 23, 2011

I have owned Jeeps since college. Our family vehicle is a Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. I drive a four door Wrangler, the Unlimited. When my wife's 2007 Jeep Liberty reached 180,000 miles, we chose a 2011 Dodge Nitro from the same Chrysler-Jeep and Dodge-Ram dealership that has treated us so well for decades. The Nitro does everything well. It is rugged, bold and as capable as a Wrangler while offering an excellent dose of sophistication on-road needed for my wife's long commute from our woodland camp to her position as emergency room nurse practitioner a rather long distance away in an often snowy climate. Our likes: smooth ride, extraordinary handling, comfortable seating for driver and passangers, room for antiques, luggage or cargo, many creature comforts and stellar intuitive navigation, climate control and entertainment systems. Mileage is another strong suit for such a power SUV and roomy conventional sport utility vehicle. Issues: None, but a panoramic sunroof would be a great option. The sun and moonroof on our Nitro slides/tilts but the panorama style of our Grand Cherokee Jeep is something the children love when riding in the spacious rear.

by Dsquared from St. Louis on January 1, 2013

I am really in love with the Nitro. It suits me very well, it looks tough and it is extremely reliable. I definitely recommend it if you are in the market for a midsize SUV!

Love the car except for AC issues

by Terri P from New Smyrna Beach, FL on June 15, 2017

I love this car but can't stand to drive it in the Summer. There is a flaw with the computer system that regulates the AC. It is a simple computer down load fix but the company won't fix it without charging over $1000 for it. This should be a recall fix for free. Safety issue kids can over heat in this car while riding in it.

Does not recommend this car!!

Fun midsize SUV

by Kpeace12 from Eastman, Ga on July 1, 2017

I enjoy the vehicle, it has decent "get-up and go" and a is nice to drive around the town or short distances. What I don't like is the uncomfort when driving long distances.

Awesome SUV

by Ram Tough from Whitesburg, KY on July 14, 2014

This is my first SUV and I love it. I have always owned a truck until now. I wouldn't go back to a truck now!

I wish dodge still made them !

by Vegas from Las vegas on December 29, 2017

I had a 2009 dodge nitro and it was so good to me , never had any issues. I sold it and immediately regretted it. Now I recently bought a 2011 , that’s how much I love this car. If dodge made them again in a few years I would be buying another ! Decent on gas for an suv too

Consumer reports were wrong about this SUV!

by Best Buy SUV!!! from Sibley, Louisiana on March 12, 2016

I was shocked how consumer reports put down this SUV! Before I bought my Nitro, I asked current owners about how they liked theirs. They were all positive reports. I wanted the optional red pearl paint. It was a great buy for the equipment it has. I got the trailer package and the upgrade radio. It still looks new, after just 2 waxes, today, in 2016. I have had no problems at all. No recalls. just regular oil changes and tire rotations. It has plenty of power with the 3.6 v-6. It only takes half a accelerator pedal to get up to interstate speed. I've never put the gas to the floor. Gas mileage is 18-24. It handles and breaks just fine. Comfort is fine. I drove it 12 hours one day and didn't bother me. The only things I don't like is their isn't an assist handle mounted for the front passenger, and the dash is so plain! I added a wood kit to solve that. I sure wish they still made them. I'd buy another one today!

2011 Dodge Nitro R/T

by Pennsylvania Kid from Pittsburgh, PA on June 25, 2012

2011 Dodge Nitro R/T has the 4.0Liter 5 Speed Automatic. The one I bought came with Leather Interior, Heated Seats, Sunroof, My Gig Audio System, Titted Glass, 20" Aluminum Wheels. Nice features for the price, vehicle has a sport suspension and a rough ride for everyday commuting but handles better than other truck based SUV's. It has better throttle response and low down torque than other car like SUV's. The Nitro feels solid, but it does have it's issues. The build quality of Chrysler has gotten better but it is still not going to go heads up with the comporably equiped Toyota, Honda or Nissan. Compared to the Honda Pilot, it has better features, it felt better on the road, and had the same fuel mileage for $10K less. Fuel mileage is not as bad as I have heard, the sticker is about right, 16 in the City, 20 on the highway. Transmission shifted rough for the first 2K miles but has smoothed out considerably in the last few weeks.

For all seasons and reasons!

by 4wheel'n Family from Corfu, NY on March 13, 2011

My 2011 Dodge Nitro is the coolest vehicle we have ever owned. It is rugged, goes anywhere and draws much praise for its brutish good looks. I like the Tonka Truck reference I read. So true. My Nitro is a top end Shock model. A neat name for a 4x4 that trudges through sleet, snow, torrential rains & lots of mud. Yet it has a great disposition of being silky smooth, quiet, nice handling, fuel efficient & compliant on all road surfaces, off-roading, hilly terrain, woods, swamps & on broken pavement. The quality materials are impressive for what I thought would be simple, basic transportation. It is a hit with friends, family, children, teenagers & sophisticates! A valet at a favorite resort parked it in the very front with the best Bimmers, Mercedes, Porches, Range Rovers & Bentleys. It is unique in the best of ways. Of greater importance is that it can carry the family safely. Room? It has got plenty in the cabin & in the stow-away zone behind the rear seats. My only advice: Compare the 2011 Dodge Liberty with the similar for 2011 Jeep Liberty. It was a tossup for me. It came down to personal taste, looks vs. luxury & our family?s tight budget (to afford a loaded ?11 Jeep), as this is a second car. Being a ?real Jeep? in its upscale grandeur (compared to the brutish Dodge 4x4), the 2011 Liberty Limited proved more posh. If not a secondary vehicle, I would have chosen the Liberty or perhaps the class leading ?11 Grand Cherokee Limited, Overland or Summit. The Dodge Nitro is just right, does everything perfectly & has a cachet all of its own. It is a winner through and through!

1 2 3 4