2011 Dodge Nitro

Best vehicle I've ever owned

by from Des Moines on September 2, 2017

Plenty of power, beautiful, fun, reliable. I will own it until it will no longer move. Dodge had better bring them back, it's their best model.

Great 4x4 for the price. I am going to get second

by from Coventry RI on August 7, 2017

Compare to like sized suvs and the nitro blows them all away , comfort, storage, handling, style, ruggedness and speed and swiftness.one downfall is cheats plastic interior. I can over look that, for rugged suv.

Great vehicle.

by from Dallas, TX on August 5, 2017

I was looking for something with a little more room and ran across my nitro. It's been reliable and I constantly get compliments on it.

Love this suv

by from Rossville, Georgia on July 23, 2017

I love this suv I don't know why Dodge stop making it ... The look of this suv is very manly with room for the family I would like to buy one at a great price because right now I am in a sports car and I have a new baby on the way so I will be buying one very soon
Not Rated Reliability

Great Vehicle! Fun to drive!

by from Shirley, IN on July 21, 2017

This is a great SUV for the family! Plenty of room in the backseat with great storage in the rear. Fun to drive and great technology.
Not Rated Reliability

Great vehicle

by from ohio on July 15, 2017

I've had it for about a month and love it. Roomy inside and stylish outside. It does kind of drink gas though. Overall very pleased with it.

Fun midsize SUV

by from Eastman, Ga on July 1, 2017

I enjoy the vehicle, it has decent "get-up and go" and a is nice to drive around the town or short distances. What I don't like is the uncomfort when driving long distances.

Love the car except for AC issues

by from New Smyrna Beach, FL on June 15, 2017

I love this car but can't stand to drive it in the Summer. There is a flaw with the computer system that regulates the AC. It is a simple computer down load fix but the company won't fix it without charging over $1000 for it. This should be a recall fix for free. Safety issue kids can over heat in this car while riding in it.

Consumer reports were wrong about this SUV!

by from Sibley, Louisiana on March 12, 2016

I was shocked how consumer reports put down this SUV! Before I bought my Nitro, I asked current owners about how they liked theirs. They were all positive reports. I wanted the optional red pearl paint. It was a great buy for the equipment it has. I got the trailer package and the upgrade radio. It still looks new, after just 2 waxes, today, in 2016. I have had no problems at all. No recalls. just regular oil changes and tire rotations. It has plenty of power with the 3.6 v-6. It only takes half a accelerator pedal to get up to interstate speed. I've never put the gas to the floor. Gas mileage is 18-24. It handles and breaks just fine. Comfort is fine. I drove it 12 hours one day and didn't bother me. The only things I don't like is their isn't an assist handle mounted for the front passenger, and the dash is so plain! I added a wood kit to solve that. I sure wish they still made them. I'd buy another one today!

2011 Nitro Owner

by from broadview hts, ohio on July 12, 2015

This vehicle is performing very well, and no issues so far. Only thing I have noticed is the suspension could have been made more solid, it feels every bad bump and hole in the road. The 20" tires w/flashy rims are nice, but then again cost a little more when time to replace, the spare will need a rim as well 'cause they just come w/balloon. The back seat and cargo areas are awesome you have lots and lots of room, almost like a small delivery truck, yet it rides and looks really snazzy. The sound is very good. I did have the electric switch for the drivers side window replaced after about 3 years. Regular oil changes and routine maintenance, it goes fast and far. Acceleration is not like a sports car or anything, but it is good. These are the most comfortable car seats I have ever had (owned 7 cars - new) and very roomy and solid. Nothing major negative about this vehicle and good value over all.

Our Expert Review: 2011 Dodge Nitro