Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2011 Nitro

4.4

Have You Driven the 2011 Dodge Nitro?

2011 Nitro Owner

by sindy from broadview hts, ohio on Sun Jul 12 2015

This vehicle is performing very well, and no issues so far. Only thing I have noticed is the suspension could have been made more solid, it feels every bad bump and hole in the road. The 20" tires w/flashy rims are nice, but then again cost a little more when time to replace, the spare will need a rim as well 'cause they just come w/balloon. The back seat and cargo areas are awesome you have lots and lots of room, almost like a small delivery truck, yet it rides and looks really snazzy. The sound is very good. I did have the electric switch for the drivers side window replaced after about 3 years. Regular oil changes and routine maintenance, it goes fast and far. Acceleration is not like a sports car or anything, but it is good. These are the most comfortable car seats I have ever had (owned 7 cars - new) and very roomy and solid. Nothing major negative about this vehicle and good value over all.

Perfect Jeep Companion!

by Go anywhere guy from Bolton Landing - New York on Mon May 23 2011

I have owned Jeeps since college. Our family vehicle is a Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. I drive a four door Wrangler, the Unlimited. When my wife's 2007 Jeep Liberty reached 180,000 miles, we chose a 2011 Dodge Nitro from the same Chrysler-Jeep and Dodge-Ram dealership that has treated us so well for decades. The Nitro does everything well. It is rugged, bold and as capable as a Wrangler while offering an excellent dose of sophistication on-road needed for my wife's long commute from our woodland camp to her position as emergency room nurse practitioner a rather long distance away in an often snowy climate. Our likes: smooth ride, extraordinary handling, comfortable seating for driver and passangers, room for antiques, luggage or cargo, many creature comforts and stellar intuitive navigation, climate control and entertainment systems. Mileage is another strong suit for such a power SUV and roomy conventional sport utility vehicle. Issues: None, but a panoramic sunroof would be a great option. The sun and moonroof on our Nitro slides/tilts but the panorama style of our Grand Cherokee Jeep is something the children love when riding in the spacious rear.

by Dsquared from St. Louis on Tue Jan 01 2013

I am really in love with the Nitro. It suits me very well, it looks tough and it is extremely reliable. I definitely recommend it if you are in the market for a midsize SUV!

Awesome SUV

by Ram Tough from Whitesburg, KY on Mon Jul 14 2014

This is my first SUV and I love it. I have always owned a truck until now. I wouldn't go back to a truck now!

Fun midsize SUV

by Kpeace12 from Eastman, Ga on Sat Jul 01 2017

I enjoy the vehicle, it has decent "get-up and go" and a is nice to drive around the town or short distances. What I don't like is the uncomfort when driving long distances.

I wish dodge still made them !

by Vegas from Las vegas on Fri Dec 29 2017

I had a 2009 dodge nitro and it was so good to me , never had any issues. I sold it and immediately regretted it. Now I recently bought a 2011 , that’s how much I love this car. If dodge made them again in a few years I would be buying another ! Decent on gas for an suv too

The best I had

by Rolando from Barceloneta< PT on Tue Oct 23 2018

It just perfect in size inside, and exterior, lots of room for mechanics, had many features were modern cards don't have. Now had 354k miles and still performing almost like new.

Great vehicle

by jgeltz from ohio on Sat Jul 15 2017

I've had it for about a month and love it. Roomy inside and stylish outside. It does kind of drink gas though. Overall very pleased with it.

Love the body design and all the features!

by airzygirl from Boston, Ma. on Wed Oct 10 2018

I love this car! It runs great and looks great! The only issue is that mine had a leaky luggage rack on the outside that flooded the inside of my car. I don't think this is common though.

Love this suv

by Matt_LHS from Rossville, Georgia on Sun Jul 23 2017

I love this suv I don't know why Dodge stop making it ... The look of this suv is very manly with room for the family I would like to buy one at a great price because right now I am in a sports car and I have a new baby on the way so I will be buying one very soon

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2011 Dodge Nitro

Editor's note: This review was written in May 2010 about the 2010 Dodge Nitro. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2011, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

I enjoyed the Dodge Nitro the same way I enjoy a bacon double-cheeseburger: I know it's not what I need, I know it's not good for me, I know it might give me heartburn — but I still like it. Yet as much as I enjoyed the Nitro, deep down I know it's not right for me.

Whether you'll enjoy the Nitro depends on how often you drive on wet, snowy roads, how often (or if) you tow and how important fuel efficiency is to you.

That's because the Dodge Nitro is a truck-based... Read More