1989 Dodge Raider

LOVE my RAIDER!

by from Bloomfield, NM on November 28, 2010

I have owned two Raiders. I had an 88 4 cyl and it was great, but my 89 V6 is amazing, I love it. I paid just $1500.00 for it in 2010, and what a bargain. This is an awesome little SUV. There are no new vehicles produced these days that compare. It runs well, is a pleasure to drive, it's like a large Quad for 4, and can go just about anywhere. It is tough and rugged and easy to work on. Can't go wrong with an old Raider for the money.

Mitsubishi got it Right!

by from on August 4, 2015

On this one, Mitsubishi got it right. The only mistake they made was to discontinue the two door availability in North America after the the 89 model year. I would have purchases another even 10 years later after I had totally worn through my 89. It was a gem, plenty of useable power power, so well balanced for all my needs. Only weak part that was encountered were the universal joints. They had to be replaced twice during its plight to keep up to my demanding needs.

the little 4x4 that could

by from west Texas on June 16, 2009

this is not only the best 'small' four-by in the world, it's the best overall according to its huge owner base, and it's racing record. no other production built off-roader ever made has the racing record of this little ute. it's won the paris-dakar challenge a staggering 9 (N-I-N-E!!!) times. i believe land cruiser may have won it once - jeep, never even come close. amazing. they are much better thought of now than back in the day (for public consumption), in the land of the lumbering giant wannabe offroaders from the big three, and the megabuck utes from across the pond. but mitsu got it right with the pajero-shogun-montero-raider swb model. it's superbly built as well, and it'll last you a lifetime. most folks buy them with a couple hundred k on the odos for pocket change, and then they drive them until they're rusted out - no easy task in itself. easy to maintain, easy to upgrade, easy to find parts for and easy to talk the missus into letting you have one. what more could you ask for? what a joy to drive not only off-road, but on the road to 'there' in the first place. fantastic!

Realy good car for mexico.

by from Puerto Vallarta. on April 27, 2008

Best 4x4 and visibilety. Easy to park, all steel construction. We love our raider. Is our second 4x4.Best