1995 Ram 1500

1995 Dodge Ram 1500

1995 Dodge Ram 1500

Have you driven the 1995 Dodge Ram 1500?

will not quit !!

by hunter from Los Angeles on Wed Oct 24 2007

The 95 Dodge diesel dually I have has 312,000 REAL miles, city and major higway driving. It has done a 4000 mile, nonstop road trip every year since new, without any problems or breakdowns. Great fuel economy, and plenty of room for me ( 265 lbs) 6'-8".

Longest vehicle I have ever owned

by Ray Cathode from Houston, TX on Thu Mar 01 2018

I bought this white, long bed, no frills, 318, auto, AC, PS, 95 Ram 1500, in 1994. I told the dealership I was primarily towing and the salesman said this one would do it. It came with a 3.21 rear end which did not pull a 20 foot boat well (not recommend in the manual either) so I took it back and they swapped in a 3.92 rear gear and that woke it up. I have used the truck to pull my boat during the summer for 24 years putting only 34,000 miles on it to date, Feb 2018. The truck is ALWAYS climate controlled and garage kept so the paint, interior, etc are mint condition. I mean absolutely showroom. The engine bay is the same. During the last nearly 1/4 century, I have flushed the cooling system and the brake system multiple times. The ONLY parts I have ever replaced are the water pump and hoses in 2017. The first battery lasted for 4 years and the second one, a 96 month Duralast, went 17 years. The AC is still charged and working fine. Now for the less than good: Within a couple of years from new, the dust boots on some of the front steering joints dry rotted and fell off. I installed grease fittings and lubricate them as needed and will eventually install new joints if they every need it before I croak. The center of the steering wheel, airbag plastic got sticky. I put some silicon brake fluid on the air bad cover and that prevents it from ever being sticky. I bought a similarly equipped 95 Silverado at the same time I bought the Dodge and found the Chevy did everything just a tad better than this Dodge except look as good. I still have the Dodge so I guess that means something.

Uses car for Towing

One of the BEST I've ever driven!

by JwJenkins from Weatherford,Texas on Mon May 08 2017

I was very,IMPRESSED and fortunate to have gotten such a good ,reliable, vehicle, thank you very much! I give a 5 star recommendation, none better.

1995 Dodge Ram -213K still going

by Love My Truck from Arkansas on Thu Jul 29 2010

I bought this truck used to move from Georgia, to Arkansas. By the time I got to Arkansas , three day and two overnights at rest stops due to weather,later I was sold on the truck. This truck was a trooper, hauling a 17 foot Uhaul, three cats in the back, through , heavy rain, snow,and ice gave me no trouble. I am commuting 250 mile a day , still running fine, used 14 gallons, so about 18 MPG with the A/C full blast. The only down side I have is , one the front chrome grill is actual a piece of metal foil, and is bubbling up, two the worst cup holder, so shallow most cup jump out the frist time you hit a bump.

very dependable truck!

by truckboy from on Mon Sep 14 2009

I've had a 1500 for quite some time & it just keeps on going like the energizer bunny! If you keep them well-maintained, they will run forever.

very nice vehicle

by truckmanbear from on Fri Aug 19 2011

Ive had the truck for about a few years. great truck nice perks. Ive installed a custom sunroof and a custom hood scoop. in all the truck preforms great. ice cold a/c. The only thing about the a/c is that it sometime switches from front vents to the window vents. which is weird. but all in all its a great truck.