1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews

4.4
Average based on 5 reviews

Nice truck for the buck

by from michigan on May 5, 2007

Strong runing truck spacious interior wish there was a 3rd door though they have the 4 doors love the truck but with gas at 3.19 a gallon and the fact i only get 13 miles a gallon and thats being easy on it means alot of driveway time for my truck only problem ive had is the transmission acts funny until it warms up like 5 minutes

Very nice truck

by from Kansas City, MO on September 29, 2010

Bought a 97 Ram with the 5.9L 2 wd and it runs great. Had less than 70k miles on it and bought it for 6k, a little more than blue book $4750 but it was in such good shape with some extras I felt worth the extra money. Only issue was the tension pulley ($50 and 20 minutes) and after 9 months have almost 90k miles no issues at all! Gas mileage around 14 but runs real strong! More torque than actual speed. Highly recommend especially with under 70k miles. Most have tranny issues at 140k

Uses car for Towing

Whar a deal I got!

by from Chimney Corner, WV on January 30, 2012

I rolled my Ford Explorer and one week later came upon this 97 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, 5-speed, 5.2 (318) 108,000 miles. Bought it from a fellow down the road. High gloss black with a wide band, red, racing stripe down the hood and tailgate. Custom scooped hood, custom tailgate, 20" custom wheels, custom radio,Dodge light covers, very clean. Engine was dry and there is a new air conditioner. Drove on a 1600 mile trip and had no problems. This truck was the first truck in USA to receive the first colored Rhino Lining sprayed on it. (Red) Tough, sounds tough! Needs better and more cup holders!

Amazing Truck For The Price

by from Wisconsin on June 28, 2007

I bought a 97 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L (318) with a regular cab, and 4X4 with 122K miles. For about 5,000 dollars. Initially this truck was just suppose to be used for hauling things, and doing work around the house and not intended for everyday driving. But it ran so good that it became my everyday vehicle I haven't had any problems with it, the only problem I had was the multi-purpose switch broke but that only cost me about 30 dollars to get fixed and having myself install it. The exterior design of the truck still amazes for being 10 years old, very mean looking. If you're looking for a good used half ton truck that doesn't bust your budget, I would most definitely suggest this.

DAILY DRIVER

by from BELLEVUE, NE on January 5, 2008

I USE MY TRUCK FOR EVERYTHING. I DRIVE IT EVERY WHERE, LOVE IT.I GOT ONE WITH THE 5.9 360. USE IT TO TOW, HAUL, LITTLE OFF ROAD, AND HAVING FUN IN THE SNOW. OVER ALL I LOVE THIS TRUCK