2000 Dodge Ram 1500

Favorite truck.

by from Indianapolis on September 5, 2017

I have always loved dodge rams. Early 2000s body styles are the most reliable and fun to drive. You should buy one.

Has been very reliable

by from Olympia on August 13, 2017

One owner, in good condition. 5.9 liter 4X4 quad cab short box. 150,000 miles. The tires are nearly new, I wasn't intending to sell this truck. I have fixed many of the parts recently as I planned to keep it for many years. I just had the tranny completely serviced and it operates very well. I recently replaced the dash because the original cracked due to faulty material as is common for dodge pickups of this generation. While replacing the dash i replaced the heater core because it had a slight leak. I recently had the a/c completely replaced and it will freeze you out on a hot day. I replaced the door hinges. Replaced front wheel bearings recently and the brakes were also recently replaced. In last couple of years replaced all fluids... differential, transfer case, coolant, etc. A little over a year ago had the fuel injection system cleaned. This truck has been as reliable as they come and never abused. To be honest I will miss it! This truck has many more years left in it. I recently bought a new truck and I am ready to pass it on to the next owner. Come take it for a test drive. I am not in a rush to sell, I am open to offers but keep in mind I am not in a rush to sell.

It was the excellent truck ever

by from Harlingen on July 25, 2017

This dodge ram 1500 truck was an extremely a good to be on the road and good to carry stuff from one place to another. It was great on gas mileage. I did really like it

Uses car for Transportingfamily

loved this truck

by from fairfield ohio on July 8, 2017

don't know why I traded this truck. loved it and wish I still had it. easy to drive comfortable and lots of room. could haul any thing I would like.

Uses car for Havingfun

Totally Dependable BFF for 16 years. still running

by from Matteson, Illinois on June 10, 2017

I drove this truck for 16 years and other than being hit in the but by a careless driver it never gave me any problems. Great for the winter months and getting through the City snow. Perfect for hauling your work from shop to studio to storage and just an all around dependable vehicle. I sold it to my neighbor and he drives it everyday. Seventeen years and counting.

Best Truck on the Road

by from Bloomington, IN on April 5, 2017

At first glance, the 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 is nothing much to look at, but underneath the rough exterior is a piece of beautiful American muscle second to none. From the leather seats to the smoke guards on the windows, this truck screams "ride me hard." There is no other rock solid piece of steel I would rather cruise up and down the highway in.

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 EX cab long bed 4x4 5.9 V-8 AT

by from VT on February 2, 2013

I bought this truck with 51,000 miles on it from somone who bought it new. I could tell that the truck sat alot so I went through and changed all the fluids from front to back. Along with spark plugs and wires cap and roater, basicly a full tuneup. I have a 16 foot job trailer full of tools that it pulls just fine. She is pritty thirsty I average about 15 mpg if I,m nice to her. The truck is very solid and will liquify the tires if i want to. The 360 V-8 has plenty of tourque. I have owened a Ram with the 318 in the past and the 360 is much better, the trannie doesn't bounce through the gears as much. I only paid 8,000 for the truck and it was in beautiful shape this is my 2nd Ram and it wont be my last.

Great truck, but has its draw backs...

by from Cape May Court House, NJ on September 26, 2012

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Laramie 2WD. It has the 5.2 and the automatic trans. I have had the transmission rebuilt to tune of $1500, replaced the shocks, front end needs work, and heater core is bad. I can honestly report though, that I have never had a problem with the engine. It has 192,500 miles and starts up without a problem everyday. It's not a speed machine, but it's a truck. I have had dual axle trailers packed with fire wood hooked up and it pulls them with out a problem, has plenty of torque to get some of the heaviest jobs done. I do have the dash board problem as well, that's one of those typical problems. As far as the body I have very minimal rust, if any at all. In my opinion it is a very good work horse vehicle, definitely not luxury but trucks just started entering that market about 5 years or so ago, so it's not expected with this year of vehicle.

best used truck i ever had

by from nj on April 2, 2012

not bad for overall except for the engine size(5.9) gas eater sleak look,roomy,nice ride,big tires nice color

Great truck

by from Midland City, AL on March 14, 2012

Very good for the fisherman, pulls any size fishing boat with ease. Truck is good for 30000 miles with no problems if oil is chandged every 3500 miles and trans. fluid every 70000 miles.

Uses car for Towing