2004 Ram 1500

2004 Dodge Ram 1500

$19 - $18,223  MSRP Range
2004 Dodge Ram 1500

4.3

Have You Driven the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500?

Great Truck!!

by Aliese from Phoenix, AZ on Sun May 16 2010

I have 2 Dodge Ram 1500's and love them both. It's very roomy and comfortable. As long as the necessary typical maintenance is done when needed, you won't have any problems. I have one with over 200,000 miles on it and haven't had any problems with it. I was so impressed, I chose to buy another one for my son. Trust me, I am a very picky parent and will only allow him to drive a very safe vehicle. Great truck!! My husband also has one for work and has the same experience!

The only truck to own.

by 507dodge from Kasson,mn on Tue Mar 20 2012

Overall,Great everything.. Try to work on any of the others,and you will understand the difference.And by the way, the others have many issues!!!

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT

by ClayJ from Conshohocken, Pa. on Sat Jan 09 2016

Bought it brand new in 03'. Couldn't have asked for a better vehicle. Worth every penny I paid for it. Held up extremely well. Plenty of power. Extremely reliable. I owned it for 12 years and the only problem I ever had was a small radiator leak. I tried to fix it with quick stop, and clogged the radiator. My fault. I changed the tranny fluid and filter around 60,000 miles for peace of mind and other than that, it was normal maintenance. I can't brag about this truck enough. I only traded it in for a new one as I couldn't pass up the deal I came across.

good truck for the money

by excell4ever from wisconsin on Thu Jan 16 2014

This truck is very heavy and has excellent ground clearance. It has all wheel drive, 4hi and 4low. These features give it excellent traction during Wisconsin winters, however this also means very poor gas mileage. The hemi engine is very strong, I feel that I should be able to put 200,000 plus miles on it. The heated leather seats are a nice feature as well. Good choice for someone looking for an affordable used pick up.

Good Dependable Truck

by Jimbo from California on Sat Jul 19 2008

I have about 45,000 on my 2004 Ram 2500. It has the diesel and I've added a Banks tuner, exhaust and intake. With the tuner in the maximum power setting, it will set you back on your ear. On the economy setting, it will get up to 24 MPG on the highway. City mileage is about 14. I am 6'4", 270 pounds and the seats are extremely comfortable. At 63 years old, I plan on this being the last truck I ever buy.

AWESOME TRUCK

by WHIP IT from CLIFTON PARK, NY on Tue Apr 16 2013

This was my truck and I enjoyed it very much. Put new tread on it last winter to pass inspection, then in spring to match. This is "NOT" a Rumble Bee as advertised...Dodge made the 2-door TRUE "Rumble Bee" - yellow in dash, then broadened they're market by putting the decals on the 4 door quad cab. Don't get me wrong, it is a very special vehicle and was babied. It would be fraudulent for this truck to be represented any other way except it is a 4 door quad cab 4x4 SLT w/a 5.7 Hemi 6' bed.

Good overall truck!

by jjj from columbus, oh on Fri Feb 15 2008

I have the 5.7L hemi, hasn't given me any problems yet with 57k. Traction is not that great when the roads are wet, suspension is a little tough for comfort. Overall pleased with the truck.

Best Diesel I've ever had.

by JPCUMMINS from Denver, CO on Sat Aug 26 2006

Truck is a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab, six speed manual, Cummins 600. Loaded, long bed, 4X4. This truck runs like there's no tomorrow. The power under the hood is like no other diesel I've ever driven. Mine is mated to a 6-Spd which makes all the difference. Test drove several Autos and hated them. They shifted hard and sacrificed this engines power. Parking lots can be tight, it's a big truck. Usually park in BFE and walk. It does ride stiff. When they say heavy duty, they mean the truck and the ride. Visibility is great, seats are ok in cloth, great in power leather. Stereo is good. Reliabality is the name of the game with this truck. Service is simple, and the truck just goes and goes. Avg diesel economy at 35,000 miles is 21.3 mpg hwy.

Best Truck I have ever owned

by Canvas Painter from New Mexico on Tue Dec 12 2017

had my 2004 dodge hemi sport for almost 14 years.. no major problems.. best auto I have ever owned..

Typical of most Chrysler vehicles I have owned.

by First time Diesel buyer from Vancouver, Washington on Thu Dec 21 2006

This vehicle is going on 3 years old, and I have not had a single problem or complaint. It is a 4x4, 2500 Quad Cab, auto, and powered by Cummins Diesel. The truck handles very well with the trailer in tow. (10,000#) and has more than adequate power.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500

The World's Fastest Toy Truck?
2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10

DENALI, Alaska -- Cars and trucks, such as they exist here, are simple and relatively few. That is my assessment after traveling through this gargantuan, rugged, beautiful state for two weeks.

This came as a surprise to me -- perhaps because I've been a captive of television commercials, the kind showing drivers of supposedly tough off-road pickups and sport-utility vehicles doing stupid things such as speeding along narrow mountain roads or conquering rocky terrain.

Maybe I've just been a sucker for the Lower 48 Attitude, the arrogant presupposition, prevalent on the U.S. mainland, that man is superior to nature and that some... Read More