2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Consumer Reviews

4.1
Average based on 38 reviews

Great Truck!!

by from Phoenix, AZ on May 16, 2010

I have 2 Dodge Ram 1500's and love them both. It's very roomy and comfortable. As long as the necessary typical maintenance is done when needed, you won't have any problems. I have one with over 200,000 miles on it and haven't had any problems with it. I was so impressed, I chose to buy another one for my son. Trust me, I am a very picky parent and will only allow him to drive a very safe vehicle. Great truck!! My husband also has one for work and has the same experience!

The only truck to own.

by from Kasson,mn on March 20, 2012

Overall,Great everything.. Try to work on any of the others,and you will understand the difference.And by the way, the others have many issues!!!

Ram Tough

by from Canada on March 16, 2011

First Ram I've ever owned, but I'm very impressed. The Hemi is a fantastic engine and this truck has been rock solid since I purchased it new. I have almost 170,000 miles on it with only a few problems. Not like my previous two trucks which were both Chevys...Ugh, nothing but garbage. If you keep up the maintenance on it you'll never have a problem, I change the oil religiously every 3000 miles and do all the servicing on time. I work this truck hard (construction, masonry), and play hard (4 wheeling in the mountains), and she's never let me down. I love driving it like I stole it!

Uses car for Off-roading

Salsa

by from Lawrenceville, Ga on July 25, 2013

I love my 2004 Dodge 1500. It is a great truck! I gonna keep it till the tires fall off. The truck stands tall on the road with the 22 inch wheels and has a lot of horse power to do what ever I need it to do. It also has the towing package which is important to me when hauling cars.

Great Piece of american machinery

by from Chicago, il. on October 1, 2010

Have always liked Mopar/Hemi cars. Never thought of a truck. Bought it mostly for work(remodeling) but now has become my favorite vehicle that I've ever owned. Plus, I can haul around ANYTHING. The engine on this thing is ridiculous(5.7 Magnum) and the interior comfort is great. I got the crew cab.

Dodge Ram 1500

by from Lafayette. IN on May 24, 2011

They all make good ones and all have oops! They're only as good as the parts put in and the people putting those parts in it. I bought this one at a very, very good price. My 01 Dakota was very good to me, so looking for another Dodge truck was not a problem. This one is bigger and will pull our boat with less effort.

AWESOME TRUCK

by from CLIFTON PARK, NY on April 16, 2013

This was my truck and I enjoyed it very much. Put new tread on it last winter to pass inspection, then in spring to match. This is "NOT" a Rumble Bee as advertised...Dodge made the 2-door TRUE "Rumble Bee" - yellow in dash, then broadened they're market by putting the decals on the 4 door quad cab. Don't get me wrong, it is a very special vehicle and was babied. It would be fraudulent for this truck to be represented any other way except it is a 4 door quad cab 4x4 SLT w/a 5.7 Hemi 6' bed.

Passes everything

by from Madera, Ca on December 26, 2011

But the gas station. Strong, powerful, and good looking. Can handle anything I throw at it. Just a little thirsty, but I knew that going in.

big bang for the buck.

by from SHEFFIELD, ALABAMA on December 19, 2006

I bought a 2004 dodge ram with a 5.7 hemi 6 months ago. This is one of the best trucks I have ever driven. Loads of power, comfortable ride, can pull a house clean off its foundation. It's an all around great truck.

good but not so good brake system

by from McMinnville, TN on September 1, 2008

Brake system seems to have alot of problems. They have locked up 2 times now, seems as the emergency break is what causes this problem.