Model Details

4.4
Average based on 42 reviews

A Good Ol' Truck

by from Middle-of-Nowhere, KS on November 4, 2010

Was looking for a good used pickup and found a nicer, newer model than I thought I could afford. I wasn't expecting fantastic gas mileage with a full-size pickup, so I won't say I'm disappointed by the 12/17 mpg I'm getting with the 4.7 V8 (a fair trade-off for the performance and utility of this vehicle). It's a base ST 4x2 regular cab with a long bed. There is a surprising amount of useable space behind the seats--I can fit two suitcases back there! The cab is very comfortable and quiet both in town and on the highway. It's a very large vehicle and I have to put a little thought into where I park it, but that's just another fair trade-off.

Best of the Best

by from Copperas Cove, Texas on September 19, 2010

I purchased this truck used after it had been repossessed by my bank. I took it to my mechanic and was told that it was in excellent shape. It was and still is. The only problem that I've had is the trouble light staying on but I've had the same problem with my wife's neon. As far as interior and exterior beauty, it is as close to perfect as you can get and has stood up well under the hot Texas sun. Mechanically, I haven't had any trouble at all. Regular maintenance is all I've needed to keep this vehicle like new.

perfect truck for hauling and traveling in

by from fulton ms on May 1, 2010

we use it on the farm , we use it to haul our camper and stock trailer, we use it to go to church in. all around the best truck we have owned in years.

best 1/2 ton truck i've ever owned

by from Coweta,Ok. on January 21, 2011

Bought a used shortbet standard cab daytona 5.7 hemi,best tow truck i have had,pulls a car trailer great,big disc brakes all around has no problem handling the load. best looking truck ever,get lot's of comments,and I have owned a lot of nice trucks. have put 65000 miles on it with no problems. Gas millage could be better but still no compaints.

Baddest truck ever owned

by from The NW on September 23, 2011

Recently bought the '05 Ram SRT-10..8.3L with the 6-speed hurst shifter..standard cab with a ARE rear cover with spoiler and 22" aftermarket chrome wheels. previous owner added 3" chrome side pipes too..scares old ladies, cats and dogs and F-150's in that order..sure mpg is terrible but you only live once. Time for some nice headers and I'll scare the wife too...lots of looks down the road.

my dodge

by from new york on February 5, 2010

i love this truck i will recommend yo a friend gas mileage is ok... you know it is dodge ram.. super power i love it..

THE BEST OF THE BEST

by from Las Vegas on November 6, 2008

I have owned Gm's and Fords and this Dodge is by far the Best of the bunch. The ride and handling are second to none. the hemi gives me better mileage and performance. solid truck and more room in the quad configuration then the ford or GM. GREAT MILEAGE compared to the 6.0 GM and the 5.7 ford. Only had one small problem and warranty took care of it otherwise 0 problems in 2 years of ownership.

Love my truck!

by from Ponca City, OK on May 28, 2013

This is a great truck! I'll take this over a ford any day! We bought the crew cab and it's very roomy. Lots of storage! This is the truck you want if you have kids!

fun,fun,fun

by from Tucson, AZ on September 13, 2008

I bought an 05 ram 1500 4x4 with the hemi engine and 59k miles. This truck seems like it is brand new. It runs absolutely incredible and I am really surpised at the gas mileage I get...when I stay out of the gas of course. Its got so much power that I hardly even have to touch the pedal. But anyway I got 19 on the highway and I get 14 in the city. Not bad for a hemi. oh, did I mention how fun it is. NO MORE BEING UNDER POWERED. p.s. I chose the 4 stars above instead of the 5 on style because I wanted an 06 with the newer style. but the 05 style was okay too since the truck was like new. I found the truck on cars.com, 110 miles from where I live. So I drove 2 hours to get it. So glad I did.

Great Truck

by from Washington on September 19, 2009

2005 Dodge Truck, one of the best trucks for the money I ever owned.I have had no problems with it. Bought it used with only 20,000 miles on it. The 4.7 V8 is good on fuel and tows my camp trailer without any problems.

Uses car for Towing