2005 Ram 1500

2005 Dodge Ram 1500

$633 - $19,525  MSRP Range
2005 Dodge Ram 1500

4.4

Have You Driven the 2005 Dodge Ram 1500?

Best of the Best

by Peace Warrior from Copperas Cove, Texas on Sun Sep 19 2010

I purchased this truck used after it had been repossessed by my bank. I took it to my mechanic and was told that it was in excellent shape. It was and still is. The only problem that I've had is the trouble light staying on but I've had the same problem with my wife's neon. As far as interior and exterior beauty, it is as close to perfect as you can get and has stood up well under the hot Texas sun. Mechanically, I haven't had any trouble at all. Regular maintenance is all I've needed to keep this vehicle like new.

A Good Ol' Truck

by maxplay777 from Middle-of-Nowhere, KS on Thu Nov 04 2010

Was looking for a good used pickup and found a nicer, newer model than I thought I could afford. I wasn't expecting fantastic gas mileage with a full-size pickup, so I won't say I'm disappointed by the 12/17 mpg I'm getting with the 4.7 V8 (a fair trade-off for the performance and utility of this vehicle). It's a base ST 4x2 regular cab with a long bed. There is a surprising amount of useable space behind the seats--I can fit two suitcases back there! The cab is very comfortable and quiet both in town and on the highway. It's a very large vehicle and I have to put a little thought into where I park it, but that's just another fair trade-off.

fun,fun,fun

by Mr. T from Tucson, AZ on Sat Sep 13 2008

I bought an 05 ram 1500 4x4 with the hemi engine and 59k miles. This truck seems like it is brand new. It runs absolutely incredible and I am really surpised at the gas mileage I get...when I stay out of the gas of course. Its got so much power that I hardly even have to touch the pedal. But anyway I got 19 on the highway and I get 14 in the city. Not bad for a hemi. oh, did I mention how fun it is. NO MORE BEING UNDER POWERED. p.s. I chose the 4 stars above instead of the 5 on style because I wanted an 06 with the newer style. but the 05 style was okay too since the truck was like new. I found the truck on cars.com, 110 miles from where I live. So I drove 2 hours to get it. So glad I did.

best 1/2 ton truck i've ever owned

by truckguy from Coweta,Ok. on Fri Jan 21 2011

Bought a used shortbet standard cab daytona 5.7 hemi,best tow truck i have had,pulls a car trailer great,big disc brakes all around has no problem handling the load. best looking truck ever,get lot's of comments,and I have owned a lot of nice trucks. have put 65000 miles on it with no problems. Gas millage could be better but still no compaints.

THE BEST OF THE BEST

by Truck man from Las Vegas on Wed Nov 05 2008

I have owned Gm's and Fords and this Dodge is by far the Best of the bunch. The ride and handling are second to none. the hemi gives me better mileage and performance. solid truck and more room in the quad configuration then the ford or GM. GREAT MILEAGE compared to the 6.0 GM and the 5.7 ford. Only had one small problem and warranty took care of it otherwise 0 problems in 2 years of ownership.

I love my truck

by Ram Tough from Tucson, Arizona on Mon Apr 22 2013

This is the best truck that I have ever owned. It is a good looking truck with all the features a person would want. Interior space is excellent in this quad cab, and the seats are comfortable and the interior is well appointed. It runs excellent and has never had a service related issue, even with 100,000 miles on it. It has an incredibly smooth road ride even with oversized tires. The 4.7 V8 engine functions nicely on the highway and will get almost 400 miles on a tank of fuel. . If I were to buy another one though, I would get the Hemi, but no real complaints with the 4.7L V8. The only drawback: Local mpg is poor at about 13 -14 mpg in town. Other than that, this vehicle is top notch in every respect.

2005 Power Wagon

by vjm from Wisconsin on Tue Nov 06 2007

I bought it used with 30K miles, in 2007. It rides like a truck, acts like a truck, since I wanted a truck I got what I wanted. QCSB is big inside and out, very nice interior. Since it's a Power Wagon, I have also taken it offroad, and played in the fields, and mud. It is an animal off-roading. It's weight is it's one shortcoming off-road.

best truck in the world

by southgeorgiaRedneck from Enigma,Georgia on Sun Jul 27 2014

i have the exact same truck and i love it i wind up having to pull buses full of tobbaco out of the mud and hauling trailers and best of all the 5.7 liter hemi is the pullinest joker i have every seen the only prblem with the truck is i have to replace the muffler hangers so much i replaced the whole exhaust system already and it was good for a while but it just broke again so yea but otherwise amazing truck

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel

by Ram Truck 4me from Texas on Thu Jun 08 2006

I purchased this truck a year ago and have 15k miles. To date it has been completely reliable and comfortable. The Laramie version has all the options and was priced better than competitors at the time (with incentives from Dodge). The fuel mileage is surprising for a truck this size averaging 16.5 to 17.5 to and from work with 20 to 21 on the highway. Towing mileage seems to vary a bit depending on load, wind, hills, etc (beat my gas engine by a long shot). I recommeded this truck to a friend and he is just as happy with his. The newer version of the Diesel with 600 plus foot pounds of torque and 325 horses has completed any task I've needed with ease and is much quieter than previous models. So far, so good. Great job Dodge!

Great Ram 1500 CrewCab!

by Great White from Antelope Valley, CA. on Fri Jan 08 2016

I Bought this Truck used, used it for Recreational & Around town. Love the mileage 19-21 MPG, Pulls my 19" Boat, No Problem! Comfortable to drive, great for long distance driving. Very Reliable just oil changes & brakes, But I love my 4.7 285 Cu. In. 400 H.P. Did a few things to the motor. I will keep it Forever!! She has 123,000 and Runs Like New!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2005 Dodge Ram 1500

Yes, the big Dodge Ram pickup still has a Hemi. The truck that began DaimlerChrysler_s renaissance of the Hemi engine design, the current-generation Ram Heavy Duty that debuted in fall 2002, still includes the 5.7-liter Magnum Hemi V-8 as its standard engine for model year 2005, and will again this fall in the 2006 models.

Little did the Chrysler folks know when they introduced this revival of the Hemi in the Ram Heavy Duty lineup for 2003 that consumers would gobble these engines up not only in a Ram 2500 model such as our test vehicle this week, but also in an entire range of Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep vehicles _ cars, trucks and SUVs _ that have come onto the market since.

It was the 2003 Ram Heavy... Read More