2005 Ram 1500

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Best of the Best

by Peace Warrior from Copperas Cove, Texas on September 19, 2010

I purchased this truck used after it had been repossessed by my bank. I took it to my mechanic and was told that it was in excellent shape. It was and still is. The only problem that I've had is the trouble light staying on but I've had the same problem with my wife's neon. As far as interior and exterior beauty, it is as close to perfect as you can get and has stood up well under the hot Texas sun. Mechanically, I haven't had any trouble at all. Regular maintenance is all I've needed to keep this vehicle like new.

A Good Ol' Truck

by maxplay777 from Middle-of-Nowhere, KS on November 4, 2010

Was looking for a good used pickup and found a nicer, newer model than I thought I could afford. I wasn't expecting fantastic gas mileage with a full-size pickup, so I won't say I'm disappointed by the 12/17 mpg I'm getting with the 4.7 V8 (a fair trade-off for the performance and utility of this vehicle). It's a base ST 4x2 regular cab with a long bed. There is a surprising amount of useable space behind the seats--I can fit two suitcases back there! The cab is very comfortable and quiet both in town and on the highway. It's a very large vehicle and I have to put a little thought into where I park it, but that's just another fair trade-off.

fun,fun,fun

by Mr. T from Tucson, AZ on September 13, 2008

I bought an 05 ram 1500 4x4 with the hemi engine and 59k miles. This truck seems like it is brand new. It runs absolutely incredible and I am really surpised at the gas mileage I get...when I stay out of the gas of course. Its got so much power that I hardly even have to touch the pedal. But anyway I got 19 on the highway and I get 14 in the city. Not bad for a hemi. oh, did I mention how fun it is. NO MORE BEING UNDER POWERED. p.s. I chose the 4 stars above instead of the 5 on style because I wanted an 06 with the newer style. but the 05 style was okay too since the truck was like new. I found the truck on cars.com, 110 miles from where I live. So I drove 2 hours to get it. So glad I did.

my dodge

by edgars truck from new york on February 4, 2010

i love this truck i will recommend yo a friend gas mileage is ok... you know it is dodge ram.. super power i love it..

best 1/2 ton truck i've ever owned

by truckguy from Coweta,Ok. on January 21, 2011

Bought a used shortbet standard cab daytona 5.7 hemi,best tow truck i have had,pulls a car trailer great,big disc brakes all around has no problem handling the load. best looking truck ever,get lot's of comments,and I have owned a lot of nice trucks. have put 65000 miles on it with no problems. Gas millage could be better but still no compaints.

perfect truck for hauling and traveling in

by rooster from fulton ms on May 1, 2010

we use it on the farm , we use it to haul our camper and stock trailer, we use it to go to church in. all around the best truck we have owned in years.

Slt 4.7 quadcab 6ft.

by Speed Rush from Sachse, Texas on June 10, 2014

I love this old pickup. I bought this truck with over 120,000 miles awhile back since the o.d. reads 163,000 now, The only problems I have had have only been maintenance. Oil change every 3k and don't rag on it. I Have a friend who has a 2005 Durango that has 280,000 miles on it. That being said, If you take care of it, it will do you well for many years. All things that are mechanical have a mind of their own and do what they want, so you will never know what will happen in the future. Good Luck and may God be with you.

I love my truck

by Ram Tough from Tucson, Arizona on April 22, 2013

This is the best truck that I have ever owned. It is a good looking truck with all the features a person would want. Interior space is excellent in this quad cab, and the seats are comfortable and the interior is well appointed. It runs excellent and has never had a service related issue, even with 100,000 miles on it. It has an incredibly smooth road ride even with oversized tires. The 4.7 V8 engine functions nicely on the highway and will get almost 400 miles on a tank of fuel. . If I were to buy another one though, I would get the Hemi, but no real complaints with the 4.7L V8. The only drawback: Local mpg is poor at about 13 -14 mpg in town. Other than that, this vehicle is top notch in every respect.

THE BEST OF THE BEST

by Truck man from Las Vegas on November 5, 2008

I have owned Gm's and Fords and this Dodge is by far the Best of the bunch. The ride and handling are second to none. the hemi gives me better mileage and performance. solid truck and more room in the quad configuration then the ford or GM. GREAT MILEAGE compared to the 6.0 GM and the 5.7 ford. Only had one small problem and warranty took care of it otherwise 0 problems in 2 years of ownership.

Love the dodge

by Nativson from Hatteras, NC on January 17, 2013

My 2004 F150 was falling apart so I was looking for a truck. I was shopping used Chevys but they were way high with alot of miles on them so I decided to look into a Dodge. I found A 2005 quad cab 4x4 on a lot that sold BMW, Jags and Land Rovers. It was undercoated had 0 rust on it a couple of minor scratches. It has a ton of room for my family that it fits very comfortably. It doesn't get the best gas mileage but I like the drive and feel of it better than my ford. All in all it's a great truck so far.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8