Model Details

4.4
Average based on 34 reviews

2008 Ram 1500 ST w/ stick

by from SE Michigan on January 22, 2010

This is a used purchase of a bare-bones manual tranny truck -just what I wanted. The six-speed shifts easily and keeps me entertained. It has a 3.7l V-6 and that has plenty of power for the kind of truck it is. The styling is head-turning, especially with a few add-ons like a replacement grill and new wheels. I got what I was looking for - there are not many manual transmissions around anymore.

Excellent Truck

by from Shreveport,La on March 9, 2010

I would definately tell people about this truck! Hemi power all the way! As a former Ford Truck owner.

My favorite truck yet

by from Florida on June 16, 2011

I love my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab. I have owned only Dodges over the years and this one is by far my favorite. I completed a 2600 mile cross-country trip last month and I averaged 19.1 miles per gallon with over 1500 pounds of cargo in the bed. After 2600 miles in just under 4 days, I can say that the seats are very comfortable and the interior is very roomy on long trips. I chose the 4.7L V8 over the HEMI because there is only a 30 horsepower/ 40 torque difference and I am still satisfied with that decision. This truck has plenty of power and sounds and performs great with the 40 series Flowmaster I put on it. I drive about 600 miles a week and am pleased with the "around town" mileage. (15.9 MPG as of his post) I rated this truck with 5 stars in all catagories because I feel that Dodge has hit the mark in every catagory. This is a great truck and I would recommend it to all who are looking for a great looking, great performing, reliable and very comfortable truck. *****

08 RAM HEMI

by from Irvine, CA on May 20, 2009

I purchased a RAM HEMI 1500 about 8 months ago and I still love it. The power of this truck is amazing. I put on a Flowmaster 40 series muffler and the sound is amazing. Gas mileage isnt too bad for a truck of this size. I get 16 MPG in town and 21 on the freeway. I got the Big Hord edition with 20' wheels and the 5.7 Hemi. Sticker was 42k and I walked out the door with TT and L for 21k. What a deal. Great truck overall. Intererior is nice and roomy, and it handles like a dream. I would recomend this truck to anyone.

love,love, love, love, love.

by from corpus christi, tx on April 5, 2012

My wife has very good taste and when she surprised me with this Black Dodge Ram 1500 I was floored. We had a Jag and even though it was a beautiful car this is by far the best thing that she ever got. My Truck is something that we will be going fishing in and camping and even going out of town with I love it

08Dodge Ram

by from Austin, TX on April 19, 2009

This truck is far and away better than the 2000 model I had. One of the best trucks I have ever owned.(and I've owned a lot) Great guts for a v-6 actually performs more like a v-8.

Love my truck

by from N.W. Iowa on June 24, 2009

I have an 08 4x4 1500 Ram Quadcab HEMI Big Horn Edition. It is the first brand new vehicle I have owned. I think the truck's comfort is top notch, even for cloths seats. It is much more comfortable then when compaired to my 98 Grand Cherokee which had leather seats. The HEMI is unmatchable as always and gives me 17 MPG at 65 and I usually averge 15.3 on a 50/50 driving mix. My brothers 04 GMC 5.3 does the same. Handling can be rough but it is a pickup. It does have a smoother ride then my 98 Grand Cherokee. Styling is top notch. I recieve many compliments about it, usually about 3 a week. Interior is the only weakish spot. Does look plasticy but I think it is very ergonomic. Everything is right were you expect it too be. The features for the Big Horn/Lone Star group is great: Trip computer, compass, fog lights, power rear window, all come standard. This is a great option package for the Ram. The value for my truck is top notch. I got more as many options in my truck, that who paid $40,000 got in theirs. The reliablity is great, I have never been stranded, however I did have a windsheild wiper problem shortly after I bought it. It was replaced under warranty and been flawless ever since.

Great Pickup!

by from Dallas, TX on September 10, 2012

I bought the Hemi quad cab 4x4 and it has a ton of power. Never had anything done besides routine maintenance. This is my second Ram and by far my favorite. It has all the features I need. The only reason it got 4/5 for comfort is the rough ride even by pickup truck standards, but you get used to it. Buy it if you find a good deal on one.

Fun truck to drive

by from noblesville indiana on January 15, 2013

Great truck! Hemi power gives it plenty of power, and is fun to drive. 4 wheel drive and the ride is a little stiff, so a little rough. The interior is roomy with lots of storage. The ram is an eyecatcher and we've heard many positive comments with several"I want one like that".

I like this truck

by from Kansas City, MO on November 8, 2011

I really like this truck. Its not as fancy as the Ford but a great value for the money. If I was to buy another one I would get the Hemi, but no real complaints with the 4.7L V8.