2008 Ram 1500

2008 Dodge Ram 1500

$60 - $24,380  MSRP Range
2008 Dodge Ram 1500

4.4

Have You Driven the 2008 Dodge Ram 1500?

08 RAM HEMI

by Ram Lover from Irvine, CA on Wed May 20 2009

I purchased a RAM HEMI 1500 about 8 months ago and I still love it. The power of this truck is amazing. I put on a Flowmaster 40 series muffler and the sound is amazing. Gas mileage isnt too bad for a truck of this size. I get 16 MPG in town and 21 on the freeway. I got the Big Hord edition with 20' wheels and the 5.7 Hemi. Sticker was 42k and I walked out the door with TT and L for 21k. What a deal. Great truck overall. Intererior is nice and roomy, and it handles like a dream. I would recomend this truck to anyone.

2008 Ram 1500 ST w/ stick

by Gobluebru from SE Michigan on Fri Jan 22 2010

This is a used purchase of a bare-bones manual tranny truck -just what I wanted. The six-speed shifts easily and keeps me entertained. It has a 3.7l V-6 and that has plenty of power for the kind of truck it is. The styling is head-turning, especially with a few add-ons like a replacement grill and new wheels. I got what I was looking for - there are not many manual transmissions around anymore.

My favorite truck yet

by hd99evo from Florida on Wed Jun 15 2011

I love my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab. I have owned only Dodges over the years and this one is by far my favorite. I completed a 2600 mile cross-country trip last month and I averaged 19.1 miles per gallon with over 1500 pounds of cargo in the bed. After 2600 miles in just under 4 days, I can say that the seats are very comfortable and the interior is very roomy on long trips. I chose the 4.7L V8 over the HEMI because there is only a 30 horsepower/ 40 torque difference and I am still satisfied with that decision. This truck has plenty of power and sounds and performs great with the 40 series Flowmaster I put on it. I drive about 600 miles a week and am pleased with the "around town" mileage. (15.9 MPG as of his post) I rated this truck with 5 stars in all catagories because I feel that Dodge has hit the mark in every catagory. This is a great truck and I would recommend it to all who are looking for a great looking, great performing, reliable and very comfortable truck. *****

I like this truck

by taneb from Kansas City, MO on Tue Nov 08 2011

I really like this truck. Its not as fancy as the Ford but a great value for the money. If I was to buy another one I would get the Hemi, but no real complaints with the 4.7L V8.

Great Pickup!

by Scott from Dallas, TX on Mon Sep 10 2012

I bought the Hemi quad cab 4x4 and it has a ton of power. Never had anything done besides routine maintenance. This is my second Ram and by far my favorite. It has all the features I need. The only reason it got 4/5 for comfort is the rough ride even by pickup truck standards, but you get used to it. Buy it if you find a good deal on one.

Excellent Truck

by Monty from Shreveport,La on Tue Mar 09 2010

I would definately tell people about this truck! Hemi power all the way! As a former Ford Truck owner.

great pickup

by xllit from cross plains, tx on Sat Oct 08 2011

wanted a larimie, but when buying used i had to settle for an 5.7 hemi slt, which i'm happy with. never have i had such good gas milege in a full size pickup, and all of the power anybody could need. what i don't like is, on occasion it decides to lock the doors, make sure you have an extra key.

What a Truck!

by Jaggedd1 from Bowie, Maryland on Fri Mar 20 2015

I bought a Dodge Ram 1500 St. Cab just to have a reliable truck for light hauling. This is by far one of the best pick up trucks I have owned. The engine is super quiet as is the ride itself. I have owned Ford models before which were also outstanding trucks but the RAM has a whole new feel and driving experience for me. It looks stylish and is very comfortable and roomy inside. It can haul and tow without any issues and it handles almost like a car on the road. One of the best purchasing decisions I have made thus far.

Fun truck to drive

by bumblebee from noblesville indiana on Tue Jan 15 2013

Great truck! Hemi power gives it plenty of power, and is fun to drive. 4 wheel drive and the ride is a little stiff, so a little rough. The interior is roomy with lots of storage. The ram is an eyecatcher and we've heard many positive comments with several"I want one like that".

Best Vehicle I've ever owned

by TruckGirl from Holden, LA on Sat Aug 12 2017

I've had this truck for 9 years and, other than changing out the parts that wear out (tires, oil, etc) its been the most trouble free vehicle I've ever owned. I LOVE the Hemi engine! It drives like a truck, but hey, that's what it is! The interior has held up VERY well.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2008 Dodge Ram 1500

One of the most exciting concept vehicles at the 1999 Los Angeles Auto Show was the Dodge Power Wagon.

An angular homage to the 1946 Power Wagon derived from a World War II off-road pickup truck, the concept looked aggressively sporty and ready to rumble over harsh terrain.

But when the Power Wagon hit the showrooms in 2005, it was toned down to an optional off-road package on the standard Ram 2500 pickup. Talk about disappointment.

Still, the Power Wagon trundles into 2008 as the brawniest beast in the jungle, heavily equipped to do battle with looming boulders, steep ravines or sticky mud bogs. But the tradeoff is hardly worth it.

This jacked-up behemoth has a terrible ride, on or off road. Rough, buffeting... Read More