2008 Dodge Ram 1500

08 RAM HEMI

by from Irvine, CA on May 20, 2009

I purchased a RAM HEMI 1500 about 8 months ago and I still love it. The power of this truck is amazing. I put on a Flowmaster 40 series muffler and the sound is amazing. Gas mileage isnt too bad for a truck of this size. I get 16 MPG in town and 21 on the freeway. I got the Big Hord edition with 20' wheels and the 5.7 Hemi. Sticker was 42k and I walked out the door with TT and L for 21k. What a deal. Great truck overall. Intererior is nice and roomy, and it handles like a dream. I would recomend this truck to anyone.

2008 Ram 1500 ST w/ stick

by from SE Michigan on January 22, 2010

This is a used purchase of a bare-bones manual tranny truck -just what I wanted. The six-speed shifts easily and keeps me entertained. It has a 3.7l V-6 and that has plenty of power for the kind of truck it is. The styling is head-turning, especially with a few add-ons like a replacement grill and new wheels. I got what I was looking for - there are not many manual transmissions around anymore.

Great Pickup!

by from Dallas, TX on September 10, 2012

I bought the Hemi quad cab 4x4 and it has a ton of power. Never had anything done besides routine maintenance. This is my second Ram and by far my favorite. It has all the features I need. The only reason it got 4/5 for comfort is the rough ride even by pickup truck standards, but you get used to it. Buy it if you find a good deal on one.

My favorite truck yet

by from Florida on June 15, 2011

I love my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QuadCab. I have owned only Dodges over the years and this one is by far my favorite. I completed a 2600 mile cross-country trip last month and I averaged 19.1 miles per gallon with over 1500 pounds of cargo in the bed. After 2600 miles in just under 4 days, I can say that the seats are very comfortable and the interior is very roomy on long trips. I chose the 4.7L V8 over the HEMI because there is only a 30 horsepower/ 40 torque difference and I am still satisfied with that decision. This truck has plenty of power and sounds and performs great with the 40 series Flowmaster I put on it. I drive about 600 miles a week and am pleased with the "around town" mileage. (15.9 MPG as of his post) I rated this truck with 5 stars in all catagories because I feel that Dodge has hit the mark in every catagory. This is a great truck and I would recommend it to all who are looking for a great looking, great performing, reliable and very comfortable truck. *****

I like this truck

by from Kansas City, MO on November 8, 2011

I really like this truck. Its not as fancy as the Ford but a great value for the money. If I was to buy another one I would get the Hemi, but no real complaints with the 4.7L V8.

Excellent Truck

by from Shreveport,La on March 9, 2010

I would definately tell people about this truck! Hemi power all the way! As a former Ford Truck owner.

Fun truck to drive

by from noblesville indiana on January 15, 2013

Great truck! Hemi power gives it plenty of power, and is fun to drive. 4 wheel drive and the ride is a little stiff, so a little rough. The interior is roomy with lots of storage. The ram is an eyecatcher and we've heard many positive comments with several"I want one like that".

great pickup

by from cross plains, tx on October 8, 2011

wanted a larimie, but when buying used i had to settle for an 5.7 hemi slt, which i'm happy with. never have i had such good gas milege in a full size pickup, and all of the power anybody could need. what i don't like is, on occasion it decides to lock the doors, make sure you have an extra key.

A Very Well Built Truck

by from Epping, New Hampshire on October 2, 2007

This is the truck I have always wanted with the Quad Cab for added comfort, looks and family in mind. Hemi Powered with great gas mileage, over drive transmission. The interior is driver friendly and very update & stylish. More storage under back seat is a + just need to add a few exterior options like nerf bars and I will be good to go! I Love my Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi! Priced Reasonable!

08Dodge Ram

by from Austin, TX on April 19, 2009

This truck is far and away better than the 2000 model I had. One of the best trucks I have ever owned.(and I've owned a lot) Great guts for a v-6 actually performs more like a v-8.

Our Expert Review: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500