2009 Ram 1500

2009 Dodge Ram 1500

2009 Dodge Ram 1500

4.5

Have You Driven the 2009 Dodge Ram 1500?

See ya F150's in my rear view mirror

by NMFORDMAN from Albuquerque, New Mexico on Mon Nov 02 2009

I have been a die hard Ford fan for years, but this new Ram has me converted. What is not to like? This thing has everything but the kitchen sink and pulls like a steer with a rope around it's neck! Classy styling inside and out and a ride quality on par with some older Caddy's I have driven. Get pass the gadgets and get to the nuts and bolts. 390 hp and the worse I have done in the city is just shy of 14mpg. Get it on the highway and cruise, 21 plus mpg. Need to get around or away from someone or thing? This truck does it with knock your socks off performance. Dodge took a truck that was losing the battle and created the proverbial Phoenix rising. It is the best 1/2 ton truck ever built and the best looking in years.

DRIVES LIKE A CAR...RUNS LIKE A BEAST

by GRIFFMAN63 from Wappingers Falls. NY on Mon Aug 31 2009

I had an "04 Dodge Ram with a Hemi engine and this new one makes it look like Prius. Hit the gas in this truck and the pickup will floor you in the seat. I looked at several different trucks but none of them had the combination of performance and styling inside and out like the Ram did. The new instrument panel is awesome. It may seem like a small thing but being able to see the radio station on the instrument panel comes in handy. Plus the truck just looks mean and nasty....and thats a good thing

Truck of the Year

by Dodge Fan from Pennsylvania on Sun Sep 28 2008

Dodge has really done it this time. They have produced a beautiful looking truck with the most powerful engine in a light pickup. The Ram Box storage system was a great idea, and the coil springs in the rear should give it supreme handling. Don't know why its max towing is only 9100 pounds, but most light duty truck drivers wont use their trucks to tow over 5 tons of cargo, i know i won't, and where dodge comes in; speed. id rather my truck pull onto a major highway and quickly get up to speed.

the best dodge truck ever!

by supersport09ram from panama city , florida on Wed Sep 09 2009

had a 2004 ram with the hemi trade it for a 09 hemi sport awesome truck!!!major upgrade to the whole truck. pull 6500lbs camper with no problem. smooth ride and all the power you will ever need. 5 star truck!!

It's SWEET

by average joe trucker from Albuquerque, New Mexico on Wed Jan 28 2009

I just simply love my Dodge Ram 1500! The body styling sets it apart from all others. I have a Laramie 4 X 4, it is loaded. The heated steering wheel is awesome on winter mornings when it in the 20's, the steering wheel is toasty warm by the end of the block. I had to laugh at the chevy comerical, yeah I am up for a manicure! The leather seats are very comfortable. The interior is as nice as any luxury car that I have been in and I have been in many different vehicles. I test drove the new Ford F-150 and then went and drove the Dodge. The Dodge blew it away! The ride of the Dodge is much smoother then the Ford. The Dodge seems to be much faster then the Ford as well. I have read other reviews and comparisions of all the new trucks and it seems the Dodge rated somehwere in the middle. For me it rates as number one!! In my opinion it is the best looking truck on the market. I personally don't need the most towing capacity, I wanted a good looking truck the could seat five comfortably. I do a little towing and i do need a truck bed for home projects and for work a little bit. I got a whole lot more than I will ever need with my new Dodge. I have had it now for two weeks and I am excited to drive it every day. My brother has a Chevy and it is nice but my Dodge blows it away in style and comfort.

BEST TRUCK I'VE OWNED OR OPERATED

by OUT DOOR SPORTS from WALLS, MS on Mon Feb 15 2010

THIS TRUCK HAS A VERY SMOOTH RIDE AND HAS OUTSTANDING OPERATING FEATURES. THE INTERIOR HAS MORE SPACE AND COMFORT ITEMS THAN THE OTHERS I TESTED. THE HEMI ENGINE IS MORE RESPONSIVE AND PROVIDES GOOD GAS MILAGE ON THE ROAD. WHILE DRIVING MY LINE OF VISION BOTH FORWARD, SIDE AND REAR IS ALMOST PERFECT,

power steering pump, belt,idle pulleys

by rodyram,miami,fl from Miami, FL on Sat Nov 30 2013

Love the truck, bought it with 40,000 miles sports package loaded, bed cover, gps,back up camara,alpine radio etc, but i began hearing a chirping noise coming from the engine belt, but the noise will go away as engine reach normal temp, did not put much thought to it, well guess what as i was driving to work one morning i felt something snap power steering went out, open the hood belt was shred to pieces and upper idle pulley was gone, go it fix, 6 wks later samething happen happen this time the lower iddle pulley, got it fix, guess what a month later the power steering pump including the pulley were gone total damage including parts and labor close to $1000.00 all this while the chirping noise was still there, after this repairs the truck is running better than ever. ladies and gentleman pay attention to your idle pulleys and belts do not know what cause this but it did happen. Happy trucking and good Winter Hunt>

Best truck ever, was a Chevy man now a DODGE Man

by Chris from North Carolina on Fri Apr 10 2009

I have a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 "Big Horn", it has 20 inch wheels and I also added a 2.5 inch lift in the front and a 2 inch lift in the rear, still ride very smooth and even looks tougher. I have the Hemi and it get 17.5 average with 391 hp, you can't beat that. Very Pleased.

2009 Dodge Ram

by proud owner from Bryant, AK on Sat Oct 03 2009

I just bought my 09 ram four days ago and just love it. I bought it used with a little over 7800 miles. dodge has done good.

Great truck except in constant need of repair.

by greenchas from Houston Texas on Thu Dec 21 2017

This was my second Dodge truck. I absolutely hated to get rid of it but it was constantly need one repair or another. I accepting the gas guzzler portion knowing full well that that is what "hem" engines do. However the frequent repair rate was not appealing at all.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2009 Dodge Ram 1500

My family loves trucks. Perhaps it’s because we have two boys or because the hubby is in the construction biz, but there’s a definite novelty associated with them for us. The 2009 Dodge Ram is wicked looking. Standing tall with a bright, shiny grille angled inward, it almost looked like a giant sheet-metal shark. I have to admit that the moment my string-bean 4-year-old stood in front of the parked Ram, I had the urge to push him out of the way for fear it might gobble him up.

Dodge redesigned the Ram for 2009, but little has changed for the 2010 model year. The 2010 Ram comes with improved iPod connectivity and a tire pressure monitoring system.

My test pickup truck, the Ram 1500 SLT... Read More