awesome ram 1500

by from nc on April 10, 2012

Best truck I've ever owned. Hemi power is awesome when I need it fuel saver cylinder shut off saves me gas and money. I have gotten 24 mpg highway . Ram boxes are great for tools and groceries. Love this truck

Muscle Truck!

by from Southeast CT on June 11, 2012

Picked up a used 2009 RAM 1500 quad cab, 28k miles, as I needed a pickup truck for home projects. After researched pickup trucks, even though the RAMs seem to have lower reliablity than the Ford F150s in many reviews..I just loved the style of the 2009 and higher RAMs, and the HEMI motor. VERY fast, great sounding engine. Very comfortable seating/cab area. Mileage..well, you don't buy a V8 pickup truck for mileage....I seem to average 14 around town. Longer highway trips she'll get into the 17's. Haven't had it long enough to rate the reliability..only been 4 months, but so far not a single hiccup.

Best vehicle I have ever owned by FAR

by from Missouri City, TX on November 8, 2011

Want a real truck - get this one !! Goes like a bullet and stops like a nat. Best sound system, comfort beyond expectations.

love the new Ram

by from Los Angeles, CA on July 23, 2011

I had a Nissan Pathfinder and 07 Chevy Tahoe and the RAM is by far the best vehicle I have ever driven. The Tahoe was a disappointment, the old 4sp tranny and its weak 5.3 had to go. Rear suspension was jumpy and couldnt handle the corners. It is a big SUV but the 2nd row leg room was minimal and the 3rd row was just garbage. I test drove the ram and fell in love with it in an instant. It has great power, roomy cabin, comfortable ride and the styling of the ex/inteterior is top notch. I used to struggle going up and down of the moutain road with the tahoe cuz of its weak 5.3 and ancient 4spd but with the RAM i was astonished how well it handled the uphills. One complaint i have is the 5spd tranny, it works fine and drives good but wished RAM offered the 6spd tranny. I loaded this truck with more than its weight rate but the truck handled it well. i was surprised how well the ram handled the load and the u haul trailer i was pulling. i strongly recommend this truck, i know lots of people who are loyal to a certain car brand but i think thats total ignorance we should buy the vehicle by its quality regardless of the brand. I have a friend who is a 'chevy' man and bough the Silverado. Honestly it does not match up to the ram at all. it still has ancient 5.3 with no power, no sway control system, no hill assist, no power outlet as it is standard on the ram, back seat is crampy like a compacct sedan, interior is cheap and my friend is regreting it. it does have 6spd tranny which is great but the engine is just too weak. I think the new Ford is much better than the Silverado. Stop being a chevy or ford or dodge man and go out and test drive these trucks and buy what you think performs the best.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

The most comfortable vehicle Ive ever drivin.

by from Belleville IL on June 6, 2011

I drove every truck on the market, this 2009 slt crew bighorn rides like a sedan, and its 390 hp hemi if you need it.

30 day review

by from Memphis TN on October 17, 2009

I wasnt really in the market for a new truck, but the incentives on the new Dodges were amazing! I have owned this truck for just over 30 days now and it exceeded my expectations by a long shot. The interior design and finish is heads and shoulders above my 2008 Ram. I looked at Ford and Chevy too and couldn't find a truck with as many options for anything under $35K. The Hemi's power is addictive, (70HP better than Ford's 5.4L). I would recommend this truck to family and friends, Dodge has hit this one out of the park!

great truck

by from oceana,wv on March 16, 2010

a great trck,we have the bighorn edition and it has everyfeature avalible for inside and outside.great storage,inside and outside.plenty of room we have the quad cab.great power for a 4.7 v8 286.7 cu 310hp 330 ft tq we have had it u to 100 mph and it handles well at that spped also.great comfort.you can't fill any bumps on the road. overall perfict truck for most anything

2009 Dodge Ram

by from Bryant, AK on October 3, 2009

I just bought my 09 ram four days ago and just love it. I bought it used with a little over 7800 miles. dodge has done good.

A New and Different Ram Experience

by from Lawn,TX on October 20, 2009

So far this thing is a credit to Dodge and their design team,it has a level of comfort,features,and ride quality not before seen in Ram ( or others) and it delivers the power in a more fuel efficient way,plus the extra storage features that Dodge throws in are a nifty bonus when needed.It's obvious that these guys are serious about earning your truck business after experiencing one.

It's SWEET

by from Albuquerque, New Mexico on January 28, 2009

I just simply love my Dodge Ram 1500! The body styling sets it apart from all others. I have a Laramie 4 X 4, it is loaded. The heated steering wheel is awesome on winter mornings when it in the 20's, the steering wheel is toasty warm by the end of the block. I had to laugh at the chevy comerical, yeah I am up for a manicure! The leather seats are very comfortable. The interior is as nice as any luxury car that I have been in and I have been in many different vehicles. I test drove the new Ford F-150 and then went and drove the Dodge. The Dodge blew it away! The ride of the Dodge is much smoother then the Ford. The Dodge seems to be much faster then the Ford as well. I have read other reviews and comparisions of all the new trucks and it seems the Dodge rated somehwere in the middle. For me it rates as number one!! In my opinion it is the best looking truck on the market. I personally don't need the most towing capacity, I wanted a good looking truck the could seat five comfortably. I do a little towing and i do need a truck bed for home projects and for work a little bit. I got a whole lot more than I will ever need with my new Dodge. I have had it now for two weeks and I am excited to drive it every day. My brother has a Chevy and it is nice but my Dodge blows it away in style and comfort.

Similar Models