2011 Ram 1500

2011 Dodge Ram 1500

2011 Dodge Ram 1500

Have you driven the 2011 Dodge Ram 1500?

Great Truck

by MOPAR Rules from Midland, MI on December 13, 2010

5.7 HEMI has all the power I need. Runs, drives and handles excellent. Fuel mileage is better than I expected. Can't wait to haul my 5th wheel with it.

Overwhelmed

by Sold on Ram from New Mexico on April 27, 2011

The dealer who contacted me was very informative and lined up all the features I wanted (and a few I wasn't looking for, but glad I have). The 2011 1500 RAM has most of the "bells and whistles" and is extremely comfortable to drive. I was liiking for utility, as I tow an RV and a boat - this package will do all I expect and in comfort. Best 5,000 miles driven so far! I especially like the 5.7 Hemi and the 4/8 cylinder flexibility - impressive gas mileage.

Great Value for the $$

by First Time Truck Owner from Portland, Oregon on August 23, 2011

I started my search shopping for a basic used pickup truck without a lot of frills. I didn't need a crew cab, I didn't need 4-wheel drive, I didn't need leather interior. But almost every truck I saw had all those extras...and a price tag to match. What I wanted was a reliable truck in excellent condition, with some remaining warranty coverage, but I was not finding it at the price I was hoping for. Finally I went on Cars.com and entered the type of truck I wanted in each of the 3 American truck manufacturer brands. I immediately received links to local dealers with trucks that matched my criteria. Amazingly one of those dealers had a brand new truck that matched my needs...for less than the price of the used trucks I had driven. I drove to the dealer that night and test drove the Dodge Ram 1500. I was in love. 2-tone leatherette seats, air conditioning, tilt wheel, am/fm with cd player, locking tailgate, pre-wired for tow hitch. And this was their base model. I bought it the very next morning. This truck is comfortable, super easy to drive, and handles amazingly well. It also has a few features I didn't find from the other truck manufacturers at this price point. Even though it's a standard cab there's plenty of extra room behind the bucket seats for them to recline. The fold down compartment between the seats is great for storage and doubles as a desktop for me since I'm often using this truck as my mobile office. It has an electronic control on the shift lever to downshift manually with the touch of a button. Even has an input on the stereo for my ipod. Dodge has really got it right on this truck and I feel lucky to have purchased one when I did. If I hadn't gone to Cars.com I'd probably still be looking.

Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 4X4

by Diesel_Dice from Colton's Point, MD on June 27, 2012

This is probably the most comfortable half-ton on the market. It handles more like a large sedan, then a full sized truck. I did have two complaints. When I attached my 22 foot trailer, the back end sagged way too much for my liking, even though I was well within the trucks GVWR and tongue weight; which is a shame because the truck has all the power it needs and tows with confidence. Secondly, the Hemi is very powerful, but the transmission never seems to find the sweet-spot in the power-band and often hunts for gears. Unfortunately, I found a great deal on a 2011 F-350 and I traded this truck.

Impressed

by Big Al from Scottsdale on September 4, 2011

2010 Ram 1500 Crew TRX Off-Road I don't know why Chevy and Ford Trucks outsell the Ram. The Dodge has the best looks period! It's the fastest car I've ever owned and its 6,000 lbs! Ive owned the truck for a year and had no issues except for a recall reprogramming the AC which was promptly fixed by the Dodge dealer at no charge. Fit and finish is the best I've seen on any American car. The doors close easily and switches have a solid feel. The ride is the best of any truck. Steering is light and precise. I can park it with one hand unlike my previous trucks. This Ram is a big improvement over the previous generations so if you haven't test drove one please do so before you buy that Chevy or Ford. You'll save a few thousand and end up with a better truck!

I love my Laramie

by kwmartin25404 from Martinsburg, WV on December 13, 2010

I just purchased the Laramie and so far have loved it. I enjoy the amenities, styling, handling and feel the vehicle has gotten good mpg. I have owned Ford pickups for years and am very happy with the switch. I highly recommend this pickup.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Power when you need it

by streamers from Chatham-Kent ON Canada on April 19, 2011

Just completed over 6000 km since purchase in Jan. Very comfortable towing and responsive when needed on the freeways. Disappointed with the mileage as it did not match the advertisements.

Uses car for Towing

Got it right

by Mikee from New jersey on November 23, 2010

2000 miles on my new 2011 ram 1500 big horn and I'll tell ya folks what a ride. The interior styling is beautiful nice ride for a pickup. Fast good looking truck!

Never been happier with one vehicle

by mopar man from Odessa,Fl on January 14, 2013

This truck is the best vehicle I've ever owned. Its exterior looks are beautiful. the interior feels great to the touch and is so good looking. The HEMI V8 is flawless. It will burn its tires off the line and shift perfectly every time. the gas millage is good but i have a hard time maintaining it because the sound the motor makes when you drop the hammer is amazing. I have owned many vehicles (BMW,ford,chevy,infiniti,jeep) and this is by far the best. im never going to get rid of it

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Very good truck so far.....6580kms...no issue's

by brancop from Edmonton on August 11, 2011

Hard to pick between the 2 trucks that I would only pick, would be the Ram or the F-150, had owned previously Fords before, but never cared for the service that was given to me by Ford, I've been polite, never rude, but when I had issue's they seem to never repair the issue, but there most common saying is they all do that....but the issue's I had was another story....engine knocking at first start up, and go away after about a minute....etc...But when test driving the F-150 (with the 5.4 liter) it seemed powerful enough, good handling, but going over rough roads there is a lot of wheel hopping, didn't care for much of that, got annoying after awhile especially the City I live in is filled with 3rd world country streets, except the new roads being built. But anyway's I really like the ice blue instumentation on the F-150 and the full colour display in the instrument cluster, and the back up camera in the rear view mirror. F-150 is a beautiful truck, but when I test drove the Ram Sport 4x4 Hemi, Wow! smooth ride, good looks, which I liked better than the Ford, and lots of power, and no rear wheel hopping, but noticed also the Dodge Ram copied a little of the F-150 body lines, like the rear of the cab is similiar, and the rear and front lights.....and Mileage was not that bad, hit about 18.5 MPG on the Highway, had it lent out for a long test drive over the weekend...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17

Our Take on the 2011 Dodge Ram 1500

Photos provided by Mike Levine

At a time when the big truck makers are doing everything they can to separate themselves from the pack, only a few are making enough noise to get above the din.

For now, Ford is probably doing the best job with low-volume packages like the Raptor, King Ranch and FX2. But recently, Ram has made a strong push. Names like Longhorn, Ram Runner and Outdoorsman are getting a lot of truck enthusiasts talking. The latter, which we first saw at the 2010 State Fair of Texas, seems to be aimed right at us.

Ram said the Outdoorsman package would be designed meet the discriminating needs of boating, camping, hunting and fishing enthusiasts. We like to do all those things, so... Read More