2011 Dodge Ram 1500

Best truck on the road.

by from San Diego, Ca on March 22, 2011

2011 4x4 LARAMIE Crew Cab. Test drove and looked at every truck out there, by far the Ram is the best for the money. Before I test drove the Ram I considered myself a Chevy man but once I saw and drove the Ram I was sold. The truck drives like a car. Everywhere I go, I get compliments on how it looks. Comfort is amazing, room is great. Average about 14.5mpg in the city on a lot of hills and 19-20mpg on the highway. Only reason I gave it four stars for reliability is the driver side window control for one of the rear windows stopped working in the first month. Do yourself a favor before buying anything else drive the Ram.

2011 Dodge Ram 1500

by from on April 1, 2011

I have had my Dodge now for 2 months and put just over 1500 miles on it. I have no complaints with it what-so-ever. This is going to be my 3rd Dodge ram, had a 99 1500 quad cab 4x4 off road made 298,000 miles, 2004 Dodge Ram Rumble Bee sold at 142,000, and am back behind the wheel of another. I have over the years dealt with them all. Chevy, GMC, and even a Toyota Tundra. I still keep coming back to the Dodge and it is for many reasons. This is by far the best truck I have ever owned. The 4x4 system worked flawlessly when I needed it on a hunting trip, the interior looks and feels like you are in a car. Also, with the coil rear suspension it rides just as well as a car. I recently towed a car hauler for a friend towing a 93 Cadillac Deville and the Hemi performed flawlessly. Checked out the new Fords, and GMCs prior to my purchase. As soon as I drove the Dodge, it sold me. Just do yourselves a favor before you buy another truck. Test drive a new Dodge and it will make you buy it itself.

Overwhelmed

by from New Mexico on April 27, 2011

The dealer who contacted me was very informative and lined up all the features I wanted (and a few I wasn't looking for, but glad I have). The 2011 1500 RAM has most of the "bells and whistles" and is extremely comfortable to drive. I was liiking for utility, as I tow an RV and a boat - this package will do all I expect and in comfort. Best 5,000 miles driven so far! I especially like the 5.7 Hemi and the 4/8 cylinder flexibility - impressive gas mileage.

Great Truck

by from Midland, MI on December 13, 2010

5.7 HEMI has all the power I need. Runs, drives and handles excellent. Fuel mileage is better than I expected. Can't wait to haul my 5th wheel with it.

I love my Laramie

by from Martinsburg, WV on December 13, 2010

I just purchased the Laramie and so far have loved it. I enjoy the amenities, styling, handling and feel the vehicle has gotten good mpg. I have owned Ford pickups for years and am very happy with the switch. I highly recommend this pickup.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Impressed

by from Scottsdale on September 4, 2011

2010 Ram 1500 Crew TRX Off-Road I don't know why Chevy and Ford Trucks outsell the Ram. The Dodge has the best looks period! It's the fastest car I've ever owned and its 6,000 lbs! Ive owned the truck for a year and had no issues except for a recall reprogramming the AC which was promptly fixed by the Dodge dealer at no charge. Fit and finish is the best I've seen on any American car. The doors close easily and switches have a solid feel. The ride is the best of any truck. Steering is light and precise. I can park it with one hand unlike my previous trucks. This Ram is a big improvement over the previous generations so if you haven't test drove one please do so before you buy that Chevy or Ford. You'll save a few thousand and end up with a better truck!

Great Value for the $$

by from Portland, Oregon on August 23, 2011

I started my search shopping for a basic used pickup truck without a lot of frills. I didn't need a crew cab, I didn't need 4-wheel drive, I didn't need leather interior. But almost every truck I saw had all those extras...and a price tag to match. What I wanted was a reliable truck in excellent condition, with some remaining warranty coverage, but I was not finding it at the price I was hoping for. Finally I went on Cars.com and entered the type of truck I wanted in each of the 3 American truck manufacturer brands. I immediately received links to local dealers with trucks that matched my criteria. Amazingly one of those dealers had a brand new truck that matched my needs...for less than the price of the used trucks I had driven. I drove to the dealer that night and test drove the Dodge Ram 1500. I was in love. 2-tone leatherette seats, air conditioning, tilt wheel, am/fm with cd player, locking tailgate, pre-wired for tow hitch. And this was their base model. I bought it the very next morning. This truck is comfortable, super easy to drive, and handles amazingly well. It also has a few features I didn't find from the other truck manufacturers at this price point. Even though it's a standard cab there's plenty of extra room behind the bucket seats for them to recline. The fold down compartment between the seats is great for storage and doubles as a desktop for me since I'm often using this truck as my mobile office. It has an electronic control on the shift lever to downshift manually with the touch of a button. Even has an input on the stereo for my ipod. Dodge has really got it right on this truck and I feel lucky to have purchased one when I did. If I hadn't gone to Cars.com I'd probably still be looking.

not as fuel efficient as the rest

by from Clarksville TN on August 22, 2012

I've had a Ram 1500 for 8 months, bought it at the end of the year. The pricing sounded great but compared to my 08 GMC 1500 it's gas milage performance sucks. I'm getting 12.5 MPG when I was getting no less than 18 MPG in the GMC, the styling is cheap and the outdoorsman package isn't worth the extra from the standard SLT.

Power when you need it

by from Chatham-Kent ON Canada on April 19, 2011

Just completed over 6000 km since purchase in Jan. Very comfortable towing and responsive when needed on the freeways. Disappointed with the mileage as it did not match the advertisements.

Uses car for Towing

Got it right

by from New jersey on November 23, 2010

2000 miles on my new 2011 ram 1500 big horn and I'll tell ya folks what a ride. The interior styling is beautiful nice ride for a pickup. Fast good looking truck!

Our Expert Review: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500