Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 Ram 2500

2008 Dodge Ram 2500

2008 Dodge Ram 2500

4.4

Have You Driven the 2008 Dodge Ram 2500?

2008 Power Wagon

by Edmonton Power wagon from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada on Thu Jan 05 2012

I have owned my PW for 2 yrs now and it's the best truck I have owned. I keep on reading reviews people wishing it had a cummins. The last thing I need is a 1300 lb engine weighing me down in the bush. The hemi is more than capable. It rides/hauls/tows and wheels like a truck should. If I want to save on fuel I'll by a smart car. If I want a truck with a cushy ride, I'll by an Impala and take the trunk lid off. Thanks Dodge for keeping an old idea going strong. No other production truck compares.

BEST TRUCK EVER!

by Transformed Chevy Guy from Nebraska on Mon Feb 07 2011

This is by far the best truck I have owned. I have owned a Ford and a Chevy and this one tops both of them in ALL categories!

Cummins

by daisymarie on Thu Apr 05 2018

I love the truck, needs serviced constantly. Overall happy with the cummins but to many sensors. Nice truck for the money, save money for repair bills...

lots of power

by SuperSnake_GT500 from Atwater,ca on Wed Jun 20 2018

Great truck runs good drives good very solid did everything ive asked of it with no major problems tows great. The front has a lot of space the back seats are a little cramped for tall people. Has a little bit of a rougher ride because of the straight axle under the front but nothing i wasn't used to already. These cummins motors run great unfortunately dodge has to put smog on them if you where in a state that does have smog i would take all that off the truck will run smoother last longer and have more power and economy they have problems and clog up if the truck doesn't do a lot of highway miles. The only real problem ive had with the truck is the front end the tie rods and ball joints are weak from the factory mine wore out ive sense replaced them with aftermarket upgraded version so i wont have to do for long time again. Overall very good and dependable truck.

Uses car for Towing

Nice Car

by partar from marrerau on Fri Jul 28 2017

6.7 Liter Inline 6 cylinder turbo diesel  Automatic Transmission  Navigation  Keyless entry  Sunroof / Moonroof

Love My 2008 Ram 2500

by Diesel Driver from Sammamish, WA on Thu Dec 18 2008

I've owned this truck for a couple of months and have been very satisfied. Have logged a little over 1,800 miles without incident. Love the Cummins 6.7L diesel engine. What power! And the exhaust brake is incredible. Handling is excellent and visibility is great also. My truck is a regular cab and has a fabulous storage bin behind the seats along with extra hooks in the interior for hanging lots of items. The interior is nicely appointed. However, lots of plastic to look at. Kinda cheap looking. But all the controls are easy to reach and the cab is solid with no rattles or squeaks. Order the Popular Equipment Group which has the Infinity speaker upgrade. Well worth the purchase. The miles per gallon is so-so. Have been recording 13.5mpg around town and slightly over 16mpg on the road. This truck sits tall. So you want to order access steps. A must! There are grab handles on each door pillar. Some brands don't have them on both sides. The truck has a real rugged look which appeals to me. The ride is stiff. Slightly better with a trailer attached. I tried to order this truck with leather seating. But they don't offer it with the regular cab in the SLT. So I had the seat re-upholstered in leather. Glad I did. Much easier to clean than cloth. Is this the best truck out there? No, it's got older technology and feel to it. But for the purchase price, it's worth every penny. Besides, they've had fewer recalls than other brands in the 3/4 ton variety. I love this diesel. But it may not be for everybody. With it, you get a diesel particulate filter for the exhaust. It needs to self clean every so often and the only way to do that is to get out on the freeway and drive it hard. If you don't, you will be faced with service bills that could be in the thousands. I would think about exactly what your purpose is and select the diesel only if you will have this truck out on the freeway fairly often. This engine was not designed for grocery getting or local commutes.

Dodge Trucks Are The Very Best.

by Bucksaw-Logger from Missoula Montana on Tue Mar 24 2009

This Dodge 2500 Mega Cab,4x4,6.7 Cummins,6spd.auto, is the best of the best vehicle,I ever owned in 58 years,& I owned a bunch in my 58 years of life.I highly recommend any Dodge Truck,they are superior.

Replacement truck

by Harried Harry from Las Cruces, NM on Tue Jul 21 2009

I bought my Dodge Quadcab 2500 4x4 Laramie used, with only 2400 miles. It was a demo. It has twice the power of my old '99 Chevy Silverado ext. cab with the 6.0 liter gas engine. The Dodge was purchased so I can tow my 28' fifth wheel and for travel to work (70 mile RT). I do a lot of geocaching so I needed something a little taller than my old Chevy (besides it had 154,000+ miles and I had already replaced a warped manifold). This truck has everything I want. Although the leather seats are stiff and give a rougher ride, they do wear well and are easy to clean. The extra center bins are great for storing things like maps. The DVD player in the back is great for long trips with my adult children. My two issues: 1) The GPS system is fairly old technology and requires a DVD. It can't be refreshed by PC; I need to buy a new disk for $200 from Dodge. The 2nd issue is with the particulate filter; it constantly clogs up even when I am driving at 70 for long distances (600 miles). The dealer (65 miles away) has worked on it numerous times, but it still clogs up. Other than these items, it is a great truck and the 4x4 works pretty well. Be aware that the 2500 is only a 3/4 ton, not like the Chevy 2500HD, which is a 1 ton. I miss the extra capacity, but I am making do. If I were to replace it, I would buy the 1 ton so a truck camper would fit better.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

DZELL

by DZELL from Alaska on Mon Mar 19 2012

Powerful truck for the price. No problems, love the ride and dependability. Dodge supported their product extremely well.

The worst Vehicle I have ever owned Period

by TheSasks from Moose Jaw, Sk on Tue Jul 06 2010

First I had a 2004 Ram 1500 Laramie quadcab 4x4 hemi and it was a sweet ride and when we needed a truck to haul our new 34 foot travel trailer decided a 2008 Ram 2500 Megacab 4x4 would be the answer. Thats where things went bad, first this thing rides like a tank and just about knocks your filling out over bumps (why would any manufacturer spec tire pressures of 60f/70r in a truck that is rated to tow less than their own 1/2 tons)to start this 38 trips to the shop in 23 months. 3 windshield wiper motors, 3 blower motors, replaced intermediate steering shaft twice, all the steering components once and a couple twice and the truck still drives like it's on marbles and just wants to wander around, I got used to that but try that with a 34 foot trailer out back. Cruise control works only when it wants to, replaced all the doors and motors on the heater box and then had to replace the entire heater box assy and I won't even know if it works till it hits -35 this coming winter. Everything in the truck rattles or squeaks and the wind noise about makes you want to cut your ears off. The latest we are waiting for a new front wheel bearing and cruise control buttons the god only knows what will happen. The service managaer has admitted this is the worst truck he has ever seen. It is bad enough that Chrysler Canada extended the bumper to bumper from 60,000Km to the 100,000km of the power train but of course they won't replace the truck. I can't even count the number of hours of lost work taking this thing to the shop. And of couse the sales dept would gladly get me out of it for a measly 10 to 15k more for a 2008 quadcab diesel. Gotta love a truck that less than 2 years old is worth way less than half what you paid for it to trade in. This will be the last Dodge I own and I am stuck with this piece of junk for another few years till the loan gets rightside up. I fear whenthe warranty is gone in abt another month this thing will end up setting in the yard broken and I will still be paying through the nose for it and does Dodge care??? Only in your wildest dreams. I get sick to my stomach every time I get in this thing now and it is my daily driver.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2