2001 Stratus

2001 Dodge Stratus

2001 Dodge Stratus

4.0

Have you driven the 2001 Dodge Stratus?

"Amazing Car Created By Dodge

by Justin from NY on October 16, 2006

This car is very fast. The price is resonable, and you will get what you paid for. It looks so good to. Even if you just look at the car, you want to drive it. The car handles so well. You can cut a corner very well, going very fast. I love the car. You really feel like your in a very expensive car. Not to mention there is a lot of trunk space for a 2-door coupe. The set up on the dash is just great. It looks so good, and its very sharp. I would recommend this car to anyone. You definatly will not be dissapointed

SE Great car!!

by stratus from MT on April 10, 2010

This was the first car I bought by myself. Great car! The only problems I had with it was somehow the wheels got changed and I couldn't rotate my tires. I went to the dealership and got them replaced. I have owned it for 2 years now and Am extremely happy with the performance it has given me! I'm sad to have to get rid of it but where I live I need a 4WD for the winter. Perfomance was great! Would reccomend it to anyone!!

Greatest purchase ever

by mzermeno from Belvidere, IL on February 10, 2014

I bought my 01 Stratus SE new. Drove it off the lot and the only thing I ever had to fix has been normal wear and tear issues. No issues with it, ever. It's my baby and I pamper it, I want it to be with me for ever. I also own 4 other Dodge vehicles. Dodge is definitely the was to go.

unbeliveable car

by yaodi from az on April 24, 2008

I bought my 2001 R/T Coupe with 88K on it. At first I was worried about the high mileage but half a year later and 110K miles on it I am impressed. The car runs fast and smooth to the point that sometimes I get shocked when I look at the speed i got a shock I am doing 90-100mph and i don't even feel it!!! The car rides great, handles very well, it is fast and it's a eye catcher. The sound is powerful I have the premium infinity sound on and it feels like u are in the club. Everyday when I walk towards the car I think: Darn!! it is a great looking car!!!! If you like a sporty, fast and great looking head turning car... get one of this!!!!"

Looks good has lots of problems

by Travis from McLemoresville, TN on January 27, 2010

I purchased this car used, drove it for 8 days and it died on me. Ran like a champ for those 8 days. Put a new distributor on it, ran for a day- 3 mechanics and almost a $1000 later, it's got to have a new computer. Of course it's a 3.0L so it cost even more. Wish I didn't buy it with all the electrical issues it has!!

Does not recommend this car!!

amazing

by Gette from poconos on April 5, 2008

My husband just bought me this car . It is the most amazing car i have owned..i love it, even with high (234,) mileage it was well taken care of and so you can see it is a car that will last

Great Starter Car

by Alexandria from Montgomery, AL on March 31, 2012

I know I called it a great starter car, but this is actually my 2nd car. I previously owned a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder, and i was wary about giving it up, but I feel like i made a good choice. The car rides excellently and is one of the most responsive cars i've ever driven. When I 1st got the car, the speedometer wasn't working at all, and then one day on the ride home from work, it started jiggling wildly and started working again. Also, the engine light would frequently come on even though there was nothing wrong with the car, and my back window motors have appeared to fail. I do love the look of the car, but i wish it were roomier just for personal comfort. Gas mileage is great, a full tank will get me 2 weeks max. Overall, i'm pleased with this Dodge Stratus as my 2nd car.

2001 dodge stratus

by believer C.E. Mofford from hillsboro, oregon on March 7, 2014

bought this auto used with approx. 30000 miles on it . it now has 182000 miles and the only thing I have had to do is replace a right front wheel bearing. of course now it is leaking oil at about 1 quart per 1000miles.

Over all great car

by Liquid from on March 3, 2010

I bought this car used after two previous owners and I love it, the interior is stunning and the power of the V6 is awesome. Its fun to drive and my friends are jealous.

Great Car! I want another one

by R/T Racer from Newark NJ on February 10, 2008

I owned my 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T 3.0 V6 for 2 years. I loved it. It was 5-speed, every option and overall a great car. I always kept good care of it changing the oil every 3,000 miles. I upgraded it with a bodykit 18" rims and a cold air intake. So needless to say I was harsh on the car, but it took everything I had to give and some. I would reccommend this car very much, it has a very strong engine that you can do things to or just keep stock and is a fast zippy car with lots of trunk space. Alittle cramped in the back but much roomier than a Mustang.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2001 Dodge Stratus

Consumers griped that the original Dodge Stratus sedan was too noisy, that its resale value was unimpressive and that the old 2.5-liter V-6 engine was weak. Now, DaimlerChrysler AG officials want the redesigned 2001 Stratus and its companion, the Chrysler Sebring, to assume the mantle of family cars, albeit with some panache.

The difficulty, of course, is that the mid-size family-sedan segment has some of the hottest competition in the business, with such stalwarts as Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Ford Taurus and Nissan Maxima.

We drove a fairly well-equipped Stratus ES with a $24,215 sticker that was definitely an improvement over the old Stratus - but still not on the same plane as the class... Read More