Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2012 500C

2012 FIAT 500C

2012 FIAT 500C

4.5

Have You Driven the 2012 FIAT 500C?

Fun

by Hi from Louisiana on Sun Oct 30 2011

I love the italian design. A little wobble though. But still a wonderful car. Also it has poor visibility when top is down. It has blind spot mirrors to make up for that.

A fun car to own

by Jan from Chesterfield, Michigan on Mon Oct 10 2011

It's is a fun car to drive. Handling is excellent. Gas mileage is good, 34mpg. Front seating is very good, but the rear needs improvement.

all-around great vehicle

by j.l. from nashville on Tue Dec 06 2011

made for in-town and out-of-town driving and handling. made by one of first car company's that was ever made... the fiat 500c provides all of the performance, comfort, and space needed to fit your everyday driving.

Fiat 500

by frankb from Modesto on Thu Jul 26 2012

I been driving this Fiat 500 car for 15 mounts and just love it no problems at all, i will going to upgrade soon to am Abarth model soon.

fiat 500c

by ramblergarage from PA on Mon Jan 16 2012

What a fantastic little car. Milage is better than epa rating. I can't say enought good things about this car!

Disappointing experience

by Dismayed from Gatineau, Quebec on Thu May 07 2015

We have had the following repaired, which we were told by our dealer was normal: - alternator replaced - clock electronic module replaced - disk breaks on four wheels - light wiring on back door - 6 replacements of front shock parts - paint flaking off under 19000km

Does not recommend this car!!

Excellent Car - Value and Style

by annex from California on Mon Apr 28 2014

I've had this car for 3 weeks and have been loving it. It it is beautifully designed inside out, not just in terms of style and look, but also in terms of functionality. It is of course a very small car, with little horsepower - but that's obvious. What you get in return is 40 MPG (I have a stick and drive carefully). The front seats are very comfortable and there is lots of leg room and head room (and I'm 5'11"). The back seats don't have a lot of room if you have tall folks in the front and the boot is very small. The instruments are just right - not too much stuff going on, but still a great deal of functionality. I like the MPG (trip average and instant), the hands-free bluetooth calling, the steering wheel audio controls, the USB music playing. The sounds system is really good too. And since the engine is so fantastically quiet, you really can enjoy listening to music and talking on the phone is actually really possible. The only negative is that there aren't enough little nooks and crannies to put things away (this is a cabriolet, so putting your tissue, phone, coins, cups, wires, cloth, chapstick, receipt, etc... in a place it won't fly out of is important). And the heating/cooling is a tad weak. Also, the roof won't close if you go more than 40mph (although I think they improved this in later models).

Cutest Car on the Road

by minimalist from on Mon Mar 06 2017

I've had my car for 5 years and I still get thumbs up from strangers loving it's looks. I've read low ratings on Consumers' magazines but I don't have the same opinion. I've not had one problem with the running of the car. There was a call back which wasn't urgent. My friend says there is more passenger leg room in the FIAT than in his Subaru SUV. It's good on gas as I've taken it on 600 mile road trips with good economy. If I were to buy a new vehicle today - it would be a FIAT.

Early production model

by rickko from SAN DIEGO on Thu Jun 15 2017

The vehicle had many warranty issues (all resolved) over the term of the warranty including one factory recall. I religiously had each one taken care of. Now, 5 years & 25,000 miles later the car is outstanding and reliable. The Cabrio option is fantastic for southern California. I also like the HIll-Start feature. This is a very low-maintenance vehicle. After buying this vehicle I won a FIAT Abarth. It was manufactured 1 year after my Cabrio. The Abarth has never needed warranty service nor has had any Factory recalls. Its really been perfect! I added this to this review because the website does not offer the Abarth model as a vehicle to review.

Great fun little car

by Rob from on Wed Oct 02 2013

Just bought this cute little car. So far I Love it! The cabriolet is so easy to lower and raise and convenient as it can be done while driving.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2012 FIAT 500C

As fortune would have it, the 2012 Fiat 500 Cabrio came to me for review one year to the day after I handed my vintage Fiat Spider convertible over to its new owner. That's right: I owned a Fiat, for 11 years. That might make me a Fiat expert. Or possibly just a moron.

Upon the hardtop 500's introduction, Kelsey Mays published a full review, which allows me to focus on the Cabrio convertible version and give my first impressions of the modern Fiat. See the two body styles compared.

I have my doubts about the 2012 Fiat 500, but I have no doubt about the Cabrio version: It isn't worth the extra $4,000 you'd pay for it.

Not a True Convertible