2014 500L

2014 FIAT 500L

2014 FIAT 500L

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2014 FIAT 500L?

GSDDAD

by GermanShepDad from Milwaukee WI on Sun Dec 25 2016

I first saw this car on a trip to Germany. I bought one as soon as they become available in the US. Mine is a Lounge with every available feature. The list price was $29000.00 but I only paid $19500.00 I had the car a week before I headed off on a 5300 mile vacation and the car performed flawlessly and waa very comfortable. I commute 150 miles a day and travel to dog shows on the weekends. In 84K miles the only repair the car has needed was a ABS sensor.

Small Outside but Big Inside!

by Yuriy from San Jose, CA on Mon Jul 15 2013

Great car and what you get for the money you spend its amazing - Navigation and Backup camera is included! Great handling, very comfortable seats. Before i got this one was getting test drive for Nissan Quest, Nissan Leaf, Nissan Pathfinder, Mercedes E500, Mercedes GLK, Audi Q6, Volvo and WV but non get close to the quality-comfort-money spend to Fiat.

Fiat 500L, very fun to drive

by A girl looking to buy a car from Tucson, AZ on Fri Jan 17 2014

I spent a lot of time researching small cars. I needed somthing small with good gas mileage but also fun to drive. The Fiat 500L has all of those components. Because of the larger body, the 500L has a more powerful turbo engine, I also chose the manual transmission because of the gas savings. My only complaint about this car is sluggishness in 1st gear, once you reach second gear, the turbo kicks in and it moves quickly. I have also used the Eco Drive function to improve my gas consumtion, this was eye opening and I have been able to get up to 39 miles a gallon in city. Of course this means driving like a grandma and engaging the turbo as little as possible, no fun. I get a solid 34 miles a gallon driving normal in city. The interior is very well put together, all components are withing reach and easy to see. The stereo is good but not great, I wish I would of upgraded the sound system to the Beats Box version. The seats are very comfortable, although manual, the adjustments get the seats right where you need them. The back seats fold down and roll to create a lot of room in the trunk, I am able to get a mountain bike in back, which was one of my needs.Overall I am very happy with this cute, spunky, fun car.

Not Your Father's FIAT

by KBW from CT on Fri Dec 27 2013

I must start by saying I owned a FIAT Spyder back in the "bad old days" and yet recently bought a new 500L Lounge after nearly 20 years of driving BMW's and I couldn't be happier. The cars.com review is spot on. This may not be the car for everyone, but it is quiet, comfortable, economical, versatile and, to me, a great automotive value. As mentioned, I've driven BMW's for 20 years and shopped the FIAT against BMW, Volkswagen, Ford, Subaru and Buick when I needed a new "MPV" and simply came away impressed by what the 500L offered for the price. I would recommend the car to anyone. At least take a look. You might be surprised.

Great little. Car!

by Fiat lover from on Mon Jun 24 2013

Great little car! Love driving it! It handles well, It is kind of hard to get the seat belt, as they are far back there. Love everything else about it!

Lots of Room for the Money

by Gladlands from Glenside, PA on Fri Jun 20 2014

This car is very comfortable for its size. It has lots of interior room to spread out. The driver's seat cushion is a little short as mentioned. The ride is superb, soaking up even the worst bumps with hardly and intrusion into the passenger compartment. It handles well enough, it's not a sports car. They clearly prioritized ride comfort over tight handling, a compromise I agree with. I have no problems reaching the seat belts. The car has been getting 27.5 mpg with the auto in mostly franchise freeway type suburban driving. I have the beats audio, and the sound on some songs is a little Muddy. Some songs sound amazing and clear, and some don't sound good at all. I have had problems with the USB port not reading sometimes. The dealer was able to retrieve an error code, so I am sure that will be resolved soon. I do wish it offered a CD player, I'm not ready for the complete change to digital music this car pushed on me. The dealer sales staff is fantastic. They are always happy to see me. They encourage hanging out in the lounge, they evne have a pet rescue dog their sometimes. Service has been ok. But they are trying harder to get the survey numbers up. I don't think this is the car for everyone. The interior trim quality is not up to Japanese car standards. I doubt the reliability will be either, being a combo of Fiat and Chrysler. I am very local to my dealer, and I bought the extended warranty. So far in 6 months, no major mechanical issues at all. Just niggling trim, and the radio issue. Nothing has sidelined the car, unlike others. If you "get it", the styling, the interior size versus cargo room tradeoff, the ride/ handling compromise, You'll love it. Otherwise, you may find happiness at the Toyota dealer, on a non nondescript silver sedan. This car has fun, character, and verve. Give it a try....

One Year Old

by Mark from Phoenix Arizona on Fri Jul 11 2014

Overall a good car. I got the standard transmission and, with the Turbo, it is a blast to drive. Very comfortable with plenty of room There seems to be an electrical bug, but I can't demonstrate it to the dealer. Everything cuts out for a period of time. Won't turn over, nothing electrical works, then, suddenly everything works! Just had my 30,000 mile maintenance and found that spark plugs cost $29.70 each!!!!!!! $119.00 for 4 spark plugs. Dealer gives you the line "if you use other plugs you may void the warranty:" Yeah, and I may not. They did replace the battery under warranty although, I don't believe the battery should have failed in just a year. Could be a casualty of the electrical problem Overall, I'm very happy with the car and I would buy another. I traded a Mini Cooper for it, which I loved, but I do like the added room in the Fiat.

This car is so much fun to drive. It's great!!!!

by Baby Bee, the car that is from Sarasota Fl. on Sat May 24 2014

I feel like i'm in a much larger car. It drives like a sports car. I'm having so much fun!!!! I have as much room in this car as I had in my SUV. I'm stopped everywhere I go. People love to look at it. I'm in hospitality , it's a good thing I like people.

Just bought a used FIAT 500L from Keller Bros. Dod

by Train Doctor from Port Clinton, PA on Tue Apr 18 2017

Bought this car used from Keller Bros. Dodge, was treated really well by the salesman and all other personnel at the dealership. The car looks and drives like new, despite being three years old.

LOVE MY FIAT 500L!!!!

by JEN from Hartford, CT on Mon Feb 24 2014

Absolutely Love my new 2014 500L Trekking Fiat!! The customer service was Excellent at Valenti Fiat! My sales rep helped me locate exactly what I wanted and always followed up with me! I drove my Fiat home in a snow storm and it did GREAT!! I've always owned a 4x4 and my Fiat did just fine!! LOVE LOVE LOVE Fiat and Valenti Fiat dealership!! Thank you!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2014 FIAT 500L

New for 2014, the Fiat 500L has its drawbacks but this new, larger Fiat's drivability, utility and value give shoppers a respectable new option among the slew of popular four-door hatchbacks out there.

That's something the Italian brand couldn't deliver in the 2-year-old 500, whose styling appeal couldn't hide some drawbacks. The 500L is harder on the eyes, but it should align better with American tastes.

The Fiat 500L comes in Pop, Easy, Trekking and Lounge models, with prices ranging from less than $20,000 to around $28,000, including destination charges. Click here to compare them, or here to compare the 500L with the 500. Like the 500, the 500L comes only with front-wheel drive with automatic... Read More