2017 C-Max Energi

2017 Ford C-Max Energi

2017 Ford C-Max Energi

Have You Driven the 2017 Ford C-Max Energi?

Incredible Car!

by C-Max TF from Milwaukee, WI on Tue Apr 18 2017

I'b been driving Priuses for 15 years and really wanted a hybrid with plug in capabilities. The hybrid/plug in Prius was not available in WI, so I started looking at the C-Max Energi. Loved the way it drove; faster, more quiet and more comfortable than the Prius. The local Ford dealer (Heiser) offered me an incredible deal (about 3 grand less than a regular Prius) so I bought it. Could not be happier with the performance! It gets about 17 miles electric only on a full charge. I plug it in at home (regular outlet) and my office has quick chargers available, so a little over 60% of my daily commute is no gas. I've driven a bout 1,600 miles so far and am averaging an astonishing 64 mpg! My only complain is the interior storage; glove box is almost worthless and the center arm rest storage is poorly designed (small and about a foot deep), also almost worthless. But these are minor things. Overall I love this car! Cannot believe I don't see mor eon the raod.

I Think It's Gonna Pay For Itself

by Big Top from Salem, OR on Wed May 31 2017

C-MAX Energi is a plugin hybrid which makes a huge difference. I have not yet bought any gas. I love that! It's a pleasure to drive, and not being a slave to the gas pump is heaven.

Fuel economy is outstanding

by Cmax beleiver from Colorado on Fri Apr 28 2017

Never thought I would get this kind of fuel economy. In town never use fuel highway is very good also love this car. At 90mpg first tank of fuel.

So in love with my electric car!

by Slf1976 from Lansdowne, PA on Sat Apr 08 2017

It's sleek, stylish, fully loaded, saves me a TON on $ on gas, rides like a dream & guarantees me a spother in my company's parking lot.

Good Car

by MLK from North Central, NJ on Mon Jan 22 2018

This car is more heavy and substantial than it looks. You have to sacrifice half the trunk/hatch space for the battery, which makes the 60/40 fold-down split a bit awkward/

The gas mileage is awesome ( 54 miles per gallon).

by C-Max Energi owner from Sanford Fl on Wed Jan 17 2018

I am on a strict budget and the dealership in Sunbury PA made this car so affordable. When I traveled to FL this car (C-Max Energi) was so economical to drive, but trying to find a charging station was difficult; I made it with a full charge before leaving PA.

great value

by dallas driver from Dallas on Sat Dec 09 2017

Get up to 24 miles of electric range depending on weather. at 30 degrees range goes down to 17 or 18 miles. Hardly use use gas engine at all

Incredible Value for the Money

by EdinMtC from Mount Carmel, PA on Tue Aug 08 2017

For some reason, the prices on C-Max Energis are falling, and now it is possible to get them for the price of a Hyundai Elantra in some places. Given the choice, the C-Max in the mid to high teens is a no-brainer for the value conscious shopper. They consistently get 40 (or slightly more) miles to the gallon and have excellent acceleration and handling. On top of that, your first 20 miles are "free" with the plug in. This is a nice, well-made car for an excellent price.

C-Maxx Energi SE - Fun, Comfortable

by Ms. Maxx on Tue Aug 22 2017

I started looking at different vehicles, not sure what I really wanted. After discussing it with my husband, he suggested an electric car. I knew about the Prius, and liked that car, but wanted something different. During my research, I came across the C-Maxx Energi SE and put that on my list. I went to test drive this car, and I fell in love. The seat is so comfortable, I knew this would be great when traveling. I turned the key on, and thought it had a dead battery because there was no sound. I had plenty of head room, and full view all around due to the adjustment of the seat. With a touch of a button, I was able to raise and lower it. The steering wheel, seat and lumber support are all adjustable. There are so many features I keep discovering, heated seats, heated outside mirrors, back up camera, new navigation system for us oldster. (pretty easy actually if you just start using it daily). There are displays on the dash that pop up when driving and I am in awe at the information it is showing. It's strange, I jump in the car and say to myself "I must stop for gas" and as I head for the gas station, I laugh at myself, I realize I don't need gas or an oil change. What a savings of time and money. Since I have had the car less than a month, I have only had to plug the car in once. I plugged it into household current at night and let it charge over night. (the Energi's battery can be plugged into an electric outlet for a total charge time of either 7 or 2.5 hours, depending upon the outlet's voltage.) It seems, I will only have to charge the car once a week. After going shopping, I realized the trunk space was tight due to the battery pack being in the trunk. This is compensated by the roomy back seat. There is an app for your smartphone, I haven't found an app for my iPad, yet. You log on and get detailed reports about your driving effciency and energy usage via a sattelite link up with the car. You can also control charging from your smart phone. You can also locate free charging stations across Canada. This is a Gem of a car and with the rebate, it is very affordable.

Driving in a bubble

by Jetson from Portland on Wed Nov 15 2017

We bought the C-Max energi because of its interior spaciousness. I am 6'6" and fit comfortably in the front and rear seats. The best part of driving the car is the visibility. It is truly like driving the Jetson's bubble car. You can see everything around you. In most cars the roof line comes down below the level of my eyes. Not in the C-max. The front windshield goes past my eyes. The panoramic roof adds to the bubble feel. Though this is not the most efficient of the EV, this is far and away the most fun of the entry level EV to drive. I know three others who have C-maxes all of whom are happy with their cars. George Jetson

out of 5 starsReliability