2015 C-Max Hybrid

2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid

2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid

Have You Driven the 2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid?

Great Vehicle

by SanDiego Drive from San Diego Ca on Mon Aug 03 2015

I bought my My 2015 C-Max new just over four months ago, and since I relied on public forums to find real opinions and mileage results of real users, and in the process allay my fears about the dead 12V battery issue that plagued the vehicle in the early release phase (i.e. 2013), I want to contribute my two cents and say that after these four months, I think this is pretty darn close to the perfect vehicle for me. Gas mileage and family set my search constraints. My criteria in the search for my next vehicle was that it had to be a four door, and average at least 40MPG. The spec's for the C-Max compare very well on all parameters of importance to me. MPG: it's listed in the 40-42 range. Horsepower to weight ratio: right up there with my wife's Accord. Torque to weight ratio: again, right up there with the Accord. Headroom: check-plus. C-Max has 2" more headroom than any other vehicle I was considering. (I'm 6'3".) Cargo room behind the seats and with seats folded down (flat even): better than my hatchbacks! The C-Max comes out very well when compared to all the other vehicles I was considering. Things I like about this vehicle: MPG (goes without saying) - I expected that I would have to get a much smaller, less comfortable, less versatile vehicle to achieve the 46 MPG that this gets, but not so! This vehicle is consistently giving me 46 MPG. I do not understand how it gets rated at 42/37. This MPG rating number has been a big (and costly) issue for Ford. So I get it that they can't and don't want to over-rate it, but those low numbers were one of the main reasons I did not spot the C-Max in my initial searches for suitable vehicles. (It shows up in position 72 out of 78 at one website when searching for cars over 40 mpg.) Power when you need it - there is no compromise on power for the very good MPG performance. When you need to move quickly on the highway, this will move. (?and I have only pushed the pedal about 2/3 to 3/4 of way down!) Also the torque at startup from a dead stop is very very nice. That's the benefit from the electric motor, and is common to the hybrid and electric designs. Smooth and quiet ride - It has a nice smooth and very quiet ride. It's not a sloshy suspension that makes me seasick like some big American cars, and it's not a "water on a hot skillet" tight ride like my Civic hatchback. It's just very stable and smooth. I drove it on some winding mountain roads on one trip, and I could swear it handled better and rolled less than my little Civic hatchback. Spacious comfortable Interior - I never felt bad in my hatchback, but after being in the C-Max for a while, I feel like I'm in a submarine when I get into my hatchback again. C-Max has great headroom. For me that's a welcome relief after years bending my neck sideways. Cargo room, seats up and seats down - roomy enough because it has more volume than my hatchback, but I have a comment on this later as well. Fold down flat rear seats - 60/40 split provides even more cargo room even while daughter is in the back. I can fold one seat down next to her. Safety systems - taken a bit for granted these days, but I appreciate the potential of the safety improvements of this vehicle as I'm getting older, and this vehicle seems to be well rated. Simple Systems - I bought the SE level vehicle because I'm a "keep it simple" kind of person who appreciates the added reliability of manual this and that. As a driver, I don?t want a touch screen, so I liked the simple buttons and knobs of the radio system. Having said that, my wife loves the Blue-Tooth interface to her cell phone and the hands free sound quality in the car. It's quite good. I also appreciate the 1/8" audio input jack in the center arm rest for those old fashioned sound devices. Comfortable Seats - I don't want motorized seat adjustments, thanks. The SE comes with manual seat adjustments, quick and simple, but lacks a lumbar adjustment. The seat was a bit too curved in the lower and mid-back

Great experience for our first hybrid

by TheHackman from Cenral IL on Sat Jul 16 2016

Before purchasing the C-Max, we drove a Prius V. We found that the Prius V had decent acceleration at speeds below 55, but at highway speeds, the acceleration was very lacking. Then, I test drove the C-Max. I found that highway speed acceleration was as good or better than a regular gas car, and that we could gain better mpg's in the city. At that time, the Toyota was off the table at several thousand more dollars than the Ford. The Ford C-Max provides great features for the price, but just a little less more room than the Prius V. Also, we will probably sacrifice a little fewer mpg's than the Prius. That's totally fine for me, because we're still going from 17 mpg to at least 37 mpg. My friends that ride in the C-Max comment on how it is very comfortable and quiet! Some of them comment on how it is too quiet, because they're not used the engine not running at idle. And that brings me to my next point: the transition from electric motor to the 2.0 engine is usually seamless. The only time I notice is when the engine starts immediately when I lift my foot from the brake, or when it starts when at idle because the battery is low. The bottom line is that I love driving the C-Max because of the sportier feel, the great MPG's, and the fact that I don't have to sacrifice just because it's a hybrid vehicle! Disclaimer: I've been a Ford fan for 30+ years!

Love the C Max

by First Hybrid from Albion NY on Thu Sep 03 2015

I have only had it a couple of weeks, but really love the way it drives. It's very comfortable and accelerates quickly. So amazing with gas mileage combined as of now 45mpg. Only thing I would change is that the SE should have Sirius satellite as a standard option. Dealership told me it had it and has the book for it but no satellite radio.

A Great Hybrid

by Hybrid Enthusiast from Jacksonville, NC on Tue Jun 16 2015

We bought a 2013 C-Max Hybrid SE. First off get 43 city/40 hwy mpg. Pros: The power is worlds better than the Prius or Civic Hybrid and feels effortless. I love that the C-Max feels solid and substantial. I've really love with the huge open cabin and hatchback flexibility. Cons: MyFordTouch does everything, 2 phones, 2 ipods, navigation, but it did freeze up and needed to be rebooted 4 times in 2 years. The cloth seats don't have adjustable lumbar and become tiring on long trips. I would definitely buy another C-Max Hybrid but I would make sure I bought the SEL with the better leather seats.

Exceptional Value

by Swartzie from Oklahoma City, OK on Tue May 02 2017

Looks like a "granny car" :) but when you get inside, it has a surprising amount of room. Luggage area is limited, but this is a very comfortable car for the two of us. We take it everywhere, gas mileage is awesome. The back seat, ummmm, not much leg room, but g'kids fit just fine.....and smaller friends ;) Love Ford's nav, etc systems.

Better than I thought

by David S. from IL on Mon May 01 2017

It is my first Ford. It is way better than I thought. It is funny to drive (as hybrid car) and ride is very well balanced amd handling is great. Local MPG is amazing but a little disappointed with highway driving. I would recommend C-Max to everyone looking for a nice hatchback or good driving hybrid car. So far I am very happy with it.

Car get the most gas mileage combine.

by denisfd from Etowah,N.C. on Sat Mar 11 2017

The Ford CMAX has the the comfort, pickup on highways and gets over 50 mpg in the city. The CMax braking system recharges the battery as you drive.

A Hybrid car with Pep!

by Rucka from Boston, MA on Sat Mar 11 2017

Extremely comfortable car to ride in and drive, averaging 40 mp in very mixed driving, a little lower in the winter. A little boxy in design but that makes it surprisingly roomy for carrying cargo with the rear seats down

Great Accomplishment For American Iron

by Monkmoose from San Diego, Il. on Tue Jul 31 2018

Tremendous MPG. A lot of technology for the price. Great inside room for the outside dimensions. Certainly as good if not better than a Prius.... I can't wait to see American hybrids of the future.

Wonderful Automobile!

by Miss Vicki from Fort Wayne, IN on Thu Nov 16 2017

This is a terrific automobile. My first hybrid, and I absolutely love it! I also love all of the features, such as the automatic rear door lift, the amazingly-fast hyper-defrost, keyless ignition, etc.

1 2