2016 C-Max Hybrid

2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid

2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid

Have You Driven the 2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid?

Better Than You Think

by Pastor Tim from Pipestone, MN on Mon Mar 27 2017

This car is more than I expected in everything from styling, ride, performance, comfort, mpg. In fact, it is way more. I get 45 mpg easily on the highway and more in town. It is comfortable and solid. You sit higher, similar to a small SUV and see very well. It is very quiet inside and outside the cabin. The stigma of crawling starts and no power to pass that hybrids have, is not the experience of the C-Max. Test one and see for yourself. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Cool car

by Dglobo from Norwalk CA on Sat Apr 22 2017

I was looking for a lease replacement when out of the blue I was shown this hybrid. I have never owned one before let alone drive one. One starting the ignition is all it took. It's a lot of car for the price. Mileage knocks my socks off. Biggest little vehicle I have ever owned and rock solid.

Easily rivals the Prius

by Tim from Minnesota on Mon Apr 17 2017

I average over 40 mpg; often 45 mpg. I suspect that will go down in the winter due to gas engine running more for heat. This car sits higher than alot of cars making getting in and out much easier. The interior is roomy and rich with lots of head room. It's quiet (little to no engine noise or road noise and little wind noise). It rides smoothly and solid. The gas and electric engines transfer without notice. This is not a Prius dog. It has get-up-and-go. Even at highway speeds, you can tromp down for passing. It's not a sports car but it is fun to drive and people are surprised (as I was) by its spunk. I believe this car offers more value than most. Try one out. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Great little vehicle

by Canan from on Sun Jul 09 2017

I wanted a small, economical commuter vehicle. Nothing flashy, nothing that will signal to the world about the driver's insecurities and neurosis'... Just something that will reliably bring me from point a to b in a safe and extremely comfortable.

Mr Si Max

by Si Si Max from Elmhurst, IL on Thu Jul 27 2017

This car is compact, yet very roomy inside. Very good fit and finish. It has a lot of power compared to the 2010 Prius I use to own. The car handles very well and big improvement in the viewing area, with wide viewing angles in the front. No obstructing pillars as in the Prius that often blocked my vision to pedestrians. The side mirrors have a smaller viewing mirror that enables you to see your blind spots. Simple and effective. The gas millage is good, averaging 42.5. Not as good as the Prius, which got 50 MPGs in the summer, but would drop down to 40 MPGs in the winter. The interior quality of materials is very good, and the seats have lumbar support. Very happy with the car so far.

Love my first hybrid

by Owner of "Carl Ford" from Graham, NC on Thu Jul 06 2017

After owning many cars over the past 40+ yrs I decided last year to buy my first hybrid. After extensive research I chose a low mileage 2016 CMax SEL Hybrid over the more $$$ Prius. Besides saving $$$ & buying American I LOVE this car!!! Great look, average 48 mpg, excellent handling, rapid acceleration, high end features, great height, quiet/comfortable ride. Not one issue thus far. Can't understand why Ford does so little to advertise this great model. People contantly tell me they never heard of it, their loss & Ford's.

291k miles and counting

by UMBrynn from Palm Beach, FL on Wed Sep 18 2019

Easiest way to look at it? I'm going to buy another one. I've put over 291k miles on my 2014 Ford C-Max SEL, and the only issues I've had over all those miles were two broken rear door latches (covered by a recall), a goofy issue with the fuel filler (it doesn't have a gas cap, just the little flap, and that doesn't always close exactly right, trucking the sensor into thinking there's a leak in the fuel system line), and I had an engine misfire at 288k due to a bad replacement spark plug and coil packs. Otherwise, it's a dream. She's not fast or fun to drive, but she's comfortable and pleasant to drive. It's got enough power to get you out of the occasional sticky situation. The interior is incredibly well made, mine looks like any other excellent condition 5 year old car with only the driver's visor mirror cover having broken. I feel this car will last forever. Love it. I've got a terrible bad back and any time I have to sit in one position it bothers me, but the C-Max makes even long drives comfy.

Great car, comfort, and great mileage.

by NancyA from Whittier, NC on Mon Jun 05 2017

I had a 2013 and loved it. I upgraded with this one got the leather and all upgrades. It's awesome. Has great pick up for a small utility vehicle and I average 42 to 44 MPH. My large dog fits in the rear with seats down and loves it. Takes the roads and mountains very well. Couldn't ask for better car for its price. Kudos to Ford. No split rear window like the Prius has.

Most reliable car I drove!

by Linda from Greeneville, TN on Fri Mar 15 2019

This car meet all of it needs! It has plenty of legroom front and back! Has alot of room in the trunk! It has Bluetooth and phone accessories! It has cruise control! You can change the radio stations and volume on the steering wheel also! You will like this vehicle if you have a big family! It will hold 5 people!

Very reliable

by C-max16 from Melbourne, Florida on Sat Oct 13 2018

We bought this 2 years ago in November. We traded in our Escape and started looking at something bigger. The salesman brought this around, just asked me to sit in it to see if I liked it. First time I'd ever driven a hybrid. Since then we've made several long trips in it and average around 42 mpg. Other than repairing a HVAC blend door and radio touch screen, no issues at all. Very well built

1 2