2016 Ford C-Max Hybrid consumer reviews

side view of 2016 C-Max Hybrid Ford
Explore the 2016 C-Max Hybrid Ford
Shop the 2016 C-Max Hybrid Ford

Great car

All the advantages of an SUV (You sit high; lots of interior room extremely easy entry and exit) and none of the disadvantages. My prior car was a 2013 Focus HB. This car is built on the same frame but you sit high, far more interior space, and better mileage. I bought used '13 with 80K miles. My best mileage has been high 30s, not the figures I see from other reviewers. But love the car and would get another in a heartbeat. Whatever prompted Ford to discontinue it (cheap gas?) is beyond me, but there will be plenty of good used ones around if/when mine gives out.

Most enjoyable driving car I've ever had.

have space for all the grandkids Great for shopping took a while to get used to the brakes. But is a real joy to drive.

291k miles and counting

Easiest way to look at it? I'm going to buy another one. I've put over 291k miles on my 2014 Ford C-Max SEL, and the only issues I've had over all those miles were two broken rear door latches (covered by a recall), a goofy issue with the fuel filler (it doesn't have a gas cap, just the little flap, and that doesn't always close exactly right, trucking the sensor into thinking there's a leak in the fuel system line), and I had an engine misfire at 288k due to a bad replacement spark plug and coil packs. Otherwise, it's a dream. She's not fast or fun to drive, but she's comfortable and pleasant to drive. It's got enough power to get you out of the occasional sticky situation. The interior is incredibly well made, mine looks like any other excellent condition 5 year old car with only the driver's visor mirror cover having broken. I feel this car will last forever. Love it. I've got a terrible bad back and any time I have to sit in one position it bothers me, but the C-Max makes even long drives comfy.

Nice car!

Still getting used to this car after driving my previous one for so long. So far, I am liking everything about it and look forward to seeing how other gadgets and gizmos work.

4.0

Decent Car for Money

I like the car but wish the screen were not so tiny and poorly located and that it had a backup camera. Had I put more thought into it may not have purchased it because of the amenities.

Most reliable car I drove!

This car meet all of it needs! It has plenty of legroom front and back! Has alot of room in the trunk! It has Bluetooth and phone accessories! It has cruise control! You can change the radio stations and volume on the steering wheel also! You will like this vehicle if you have a big family! It will hold 5 people!

3.6

Better for milder climates?

Pros: I love the mileage spring through fall, but it drops 10-15+ mpg when temps are under 32°... 1/4 of the year in these parts... Great head and leg room front & back seats. Amazing cargo capacity if/when you need it. Peppy if/when you need it. Cons: Reduced winter mileage (26 to 30 mpg vs 42 to 50 spring through fall). My average mpg is 42.5. Less than impressive heating system (I use a lap blanket even with heated seats) Chronic rear latch open/close failure...dealer replaced it summer 2018 but same problem continues. No 4WD/all wheel drive available. Overall a decent ride, but definately not best for colder climates. Last year melting snow refroze overnight in the space between the rear roof end and the top of the rear hatch... the resulting ice blocked the rear hatch from opening until it melted and drained out of the gap. The hatch open and close failures were well established before this event. I have visited the service department repeatedly and still the rear hatch does not open and close when the correct buttons are pressed. I also need an all wheel or 4 wheel drive vehicle, and enough cabin heat to beat northern winter temps... ready to look for something else.

More comfy than our old Prius

Like it a lot. Ride is very smooth. We drive a lot and need good gas mileage. Looking forward to enjoying this car. Wish they did not stop making them

Most economical car I have ever owned & fun too

This will be our forever car - averaging 41.8 mpg since new. Can travel over 500 miles 0n a 10 to 11 gallon fill up. Very comfortable & practical - small suv/crossover has plenty of space. With hybrid system it drives well with good pickup. Wife & I both love it.

Love it

I have had several vehicles including a Suburban and this Ford Edge is my favorite. I owned a Ford Fusion and loved that but wanted something with Awd and off the ground. My fusion has over 300,000 and still running that?s why I recommend Ford products.